Open'er 2018

gregory

33 minutes ago, gregory said:

here's the HD if anyone's interested. hoping we might get a few names tonight.

nScreenshot_2018-04-19-18-19-09_2.thumb.png.560f249639389ac9b1350d23012d7e99.png

What makes you think we might get a few names today? I guess we have to wait till next Thursday. 

I agree with you, the poster is terribly designed.

10 minutes ago, mln said:

What makes you think we might get a few names today? I guess we have to wait till next Thursday. 

I agree with you, the poster is terribly designed.

No thought, just hope. They have announced on Friday's in the past, so you never know...

15 minutes ago, gregory said:

I hope you’re right pal

If not this week, we'll have to wait at least 2 weeks since there are two state holidays next week in Poland (on Tuesday and Thursday). It will be almost half of May...

22 minutes ago, mln said:

If not this week, we'll have to wait at least 2 weeks since there are two state holidays next week in Poland (on Tuesday and Thursday). It will be almost half of May...

Has to be today or tomorrow then, only 30 odd acts announced so far so only about half done...

7 minutes ago, gregory said:

Has to be today or tomorrow then, only 30 odd acts announced so far so only about half done...

I really hope it's gonna be a really huge announcement today, I bought tickets for saturday and the only artist worthwhile for me thus far is Bruno Mars (he's doing a great show, trust me) and Years & Years, not a greatest fan here tho. 

Who do you guys expect to be the next headliners for main stage? I would love to see Eminem and Limp Bizkit,  they are touring somewhere in Europe around June/July and I hope they come to Open'er!

8 minutes ago, Liz747 said:

I really hope it's gonna be a really huge announcement today, I bought tickets for saturday and the only artist worthwhile for me thus far is Bruno Mars (he's doing a great show, trust me) and Years & Years, not a greatest fan here tho. 

Who do you guys expect to be the next headliners for main stage? I would love to see Eminem and Limp Bizkit,  they are touring somewhere in Europe around June/July and I hope they come to Open'er!

I agree, would be nice with someone famous being announced=) However; I wouldn't expect someone as big as Eminem (though I'd like to be surprised). Bands that still have free dates during the Opener weekend are for example: Wolf Alice, Liam Gallagher and Interpol.

10 minutes ago, Liz747 said:

All headliners are already announced, no chances for Eminem. Also, Limp Bizkit isn't really Open'er thing and I really doubt they will ever play there.

I think we can expect 2 bigger names of  Massive Attack/Nick Cave size and a lot of smaller international/Polish names.

1 minute ago, ParanoidTourist said:

I agree, would be nice with someone famous being announced=) However; I wouldn't expect someone as big as Eminem (though I'd like to be surprised). Bands that still have free dates during the Opener weekend are for example: Wolf Alice, Liam Gallagher and Interpol.

Oh yes, Liam would be nice :)  

Well, maybe we shouldn't expect someone as big as Eminem, as you said, but Open'er annoucements are so weird, I remember a few years ago the last artists announced have been Prince, Pharell etc, so I wouldn't totally abandon this hope :) 

5 minutes ago, mln said:

All headliners are already announced, no chances for Eminem. Also, Limp Bizkit isn't really Open'er thing and I really doubt they will ever play there.

I think we can expect 2 bigger names of  Massive Attack/Nick Cave size and a lot of smaller international/Polish names.

Limp Bizkit played at Orange Warsaw Festival a few years ago (2013, together with Beyonce, been there :D), its not "their thing" either but still they did play there. Well, hope never dies tho :D 

Edited by Liz747

1 minute ago, Liz747 said:

Limp Bizkit played at Orange Warsaw Festival a few years ago (2013, together with Beyonce, been there :D), its not "their thing" either but still they did play there. Well, hope never dies tho :D 

To be honest, it's hard to say what was Orange Warsaw Festival 'thing' a few years ago. Each year their line-ups were completely different and it has changed since 2016 when Alter Art took it over. Limp Bizkit played in 2014 when the line-up was ridiculously rich (which by the way never happened again).

Yeah, you're right about Prince etc. but now we have all 4 headliners announced. Back then there were simply free spots for headliners.

3 minutes ago, mln said:

To be honest, it's hard to say what was Orange Warsaw Festival 'thing' a few years ago. Each year their line-ups were completely different and it has changed since 2016 when Alter Art took it over. Limp Bizkit played in 2014 when the line-up was ridiculously rich (which by the way never happened again).

Yeah, you're right about Prince etc. but now we have all 4 headliners announced. Back then there were simply free spots for headliners.

You're right, that's for sure, I just hope to see someone really "huge", especially since the tickets are getting more and more expensive each year and having paid that much money I would expect to see REALLY big artists on the main stage, it's as simple as that. 

Edited by Liz747

2 minutes ago, Liz747 said:

You're right, that's for sure, I just hope to see someone really "huge", especially since the tickets are getting more and more expensive each year and having paid that much money I would expect to see REALLY big artists on the main stage, it's as simple as that. 

I completely understand you and I think there is a place for one more big thing on Saturday (before or after Bruno Mars), but not as big as Eminem. I'd expect some R&B/pop/rap name though.

1 minute ago, rummy said:

How big are The Killers in Poland? Their tour dates still look pretty empty that weekend

They are a headliner material, so no chances (only my opinion).

Edited by mln