Open'er 2018

gregory

Never been to Opener Before ( previously been to Rock Werchter and Nos Alive) but tempted to go this year because of Depeche Mode and Massive Attack=) Can anyone fill me in on if the festival is good or not? Is it possible to get to the festival if I stay in a hotel in Gdynia? Thanks in advance!

Been there 2015 for one day. There are Shuttle busses from Gdynia station to the festival. About 10 min to walk from there. Going well.

The festival site is not very nice. Stages on an airfield. Drinking areas: no alcohol allowed outside those. With distracting a security and a mate carrying it out it's possible. Most exits of the drinking area have 2 securities so you have to wait for a good moment. Not very comfortable and nonsense.

Not the nicest place to be but it was ok.

Crowd was quite good.

Edited by Bury420

12 minutes ago, Bury420 said:

Been there 2015 for one day. There are Shuttle busses from Gdynia station to the festival. About 10 min to walk from there. Going well.

The festival site is not very nice. Stages on an airfield. Drinking areas: no alcohol allowed outside those. With distracting a security and a mate carrying it out it's possible. Most exits of the drinking area have 2 securities so you have to wait for a good moment. Not very comfortable and nonsense.

Not the nicest place to be but it was ok.

Crowd was quite good.

Thanks for the info. Shame about the drinking areas;) On the other hand the atmosphere is more important for me so I'm glad that the crowd is good.

25 minutes ago, ParanoidTourist said:

Thanks for the info. Shame about the drinking areas;) On the other hand the atmosphere is more important for me so I'm glad that the crowd is good.

These drinking areas are required by law, so there's nothing the festival can do about it. The crowd is really good, it is really close to the sea (5 minutes by bus and then 5 minuts on foot), so you can relax on the beach before gigs. Also, if you have enough time, you can visit Gdańsk and Sopot, which are one of the most popular tourist destinations in Poland. If you have any further questions, I'll be glad to help you.

23 minutes ago, mln said:

These drinking areas are required by law, so there's nothing the festival can do about it. The crowd is really good, it is really close to the sea (5 minutes by bus and then 5 minuts on foot), so you can relax on the beach before gigs. Also, if you have enough time, you can visit Gdańsk and Sopot, which are one of the most popular tourist destinations in Poland. If you have any further questions, I'll be glad to help you.

Thanks for answering=) Been to Gdansk before and liked it. When do tickets generally sell out?

7 minutes ago, ParanoidTourist said:

Thanks for answering=) Been to Gdansk before and liked it. When do tickets generally sell out?

Never ;) I think it happened only twice and these were one-day tickets (e.g. in 2016 when RHCP headlined), so you don't have to worry about it.

8 minutes ago, hallocost said:

Been there in 2017. Something changed in Polish law? Cause there was no problem with taking beer outside. Unlike my previous Open'ers (2014 and 2015)

I was there last year (2017), there were several staff (trying to) stop people leaving the drinking areas all day. 

14 minutes ago, hallocost said:

Been there in 2017. Something changed in Polish law? Cause there was no problem with taking beer outside. Unlike my previous Open'ers (2014 and 2015)

As far as I know there weren't any changes, so either you were lucky or you were drinking low-alcohol beers, cause these are allowed (up to 3,5% I guess). I remember I was stopped several times too last year.

Edited by mln

33 minutes ago, mln said:

As far as I know there weren't any changes, so either you were lucky or you were drinking low-alcohol beers, cause these are allowed (up to 3,5% I guess). I remember I was stopped several times too last year.

That is true only special low alcohol level Heineken  was sold in the concerts area and it was undrinkable. In the eating areas normal Heineken was sold but you couldn't take it outside of the fenced area.

53 minutes ago, mln said:

Maybe I just lucked out this time. And yes there were beer stands with 3,5% Heineken in the concert area. And I came out several times from the beer tent (Paulaner)

• Downvote 1