Open'er 2018

gregory

Given that Liam G is playing London the same weekend as Open'er, I think it's pretty likely he'll show up. Question is, is he headline material in Poland? Personally I sure hope not (and would prefer his brother), but Liam does seem to be on some kind of a roll at the moment...

3 hours ago, gregory said:

Given that Liam G is playing London the same weekend as Open'er, I think it's pretty likely he'll show up. Question is, is he headline material in Poland? Personally I sure hope not (and would prefer his brother), but Liam does seem to be on some kind of a roll at the moment...

He’s definitely not a headliner material in Poland. In 2015, Noel was playing Orange Warsaw Festival and he was not treated as a headliner, given the font size on the poster (http ://rok.kiev.ua/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/2015-poster.jpg). And since Orange Warsaw is much smaller than Open’er, I’m pretty sure that neither Noel nor Liam would headline in Gdynia.

9 minutes ago, mln said:

He’s definitely not a headliner material in Poland. In 2015, Noel was playing Orange Warsaw Festival and he was not treated as a headliner, given the font size on the poster (http ://rok.kiev.ua/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/2015-poster.jpg). And since Orange Warsaw is much smaller than Open’er, I’m pretty sure that neither Noel nor Liam would headline in Gdynia.

Yeah, okay, although he did have the main-stage 10pm time slot on his day.

Image result for orange warsaw 2015

Anyway, hopefully they don't pull a fast one on us and put either of them in a headline position - unless they're playing together ;)

• 3 weeks later...

There is some activity on Open'er instagram which looks like a teaser for another clip announcing 3rd headliner. Also, there are some rumors that Depeche Mode can headline Open'er 2018, but since they have 3 upcoming gigs in Poland in February, we shouldn't expect them being announced until then. So, maybe finally QOTSA today?

25 minutes ago, mln said:

There is some activity on Open'er instagram which looks like a teaser for another clip announcing 3rd headliner. Also, there are some rumors that Depeche Mode can headline Open'er 2018, but since they have 3 upcoming gigs in Poland in February, we shouldn't expect them being announced until then. So, maybe finally QOTSA today?

Hope it's not Depeche Mode, 3 big shows in Poland makes it unlikely I think. Hopefully something is coming today.

Depeche Mode are also rumoured for Rock Werchter. They are only still available on Thursday the 5th of July, since they don't play two days in a row and are doing Main Square on Saturday 7th. The three shows in Poland and the Main Square booking make them much more likely for RW than for Open'er. 

Edited by visdave34
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

Depeche Mode are also rumoured for Rock Werchter. They are only still available on Thursday the 5th of July, since they don't play two days in a row and are doing Main Square on Saturday 7th. The three shows in Poland and the Main Square booking make them much more likely for RW than for Open'er. 

Surprisingly, I was WRONG (pun intended)

• 2 weeks later...

Taking place the week before, Arcade Fire are a possibility now;

Southside Festival / Hurricane Festival (De): Arcade Fire | Billy Talent | Marteria | KRAFTKLUB | Justice | Broilers | Biffy Clyro | The Offspring | Beginner | Two Door Cinema Club | The Kooks | London Grammar | Franz Ferdinand | Angus and Julia Stone | Dendemann | Feine Sahne Fischfilet | Wanda | Madsen | George Ezra | BonezMC187ers & RAF Camora | NOFX | Prinz Pi | DONOTS | SXTN | Portugal. The Man | BOYSETSFIRE | Pennywise | BONAPARTE | Samy Deluxe | RIN | Mighty Oaks | Underoath | MEUTE | Parcels | FJØRT | Swiss & Die Andern | Adam Angst | Drangsal | Booka Shade | Martin Jensen | Valentino Khan | Moonbootica | GANZ | ESKEI83