Trip Hop - Massive Attack, Portishead, Tricky, Allflaws

Sandy one

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@Sandy one

Just discovered this thread, it's great!

So as someone who isn't very familiar with the genre, I'm looking for new stuff. I love Massive Attack (saw them a few months ago, albums are great as well), I really like UNKLE (especially the older work, but also The Road pt. 1) and I enjoyed the last Morcheeba album. They're probably all pretty mainstream names, but then again, trip hop isn't really big here. Where do I go from here? Are there any groups that sound familiar to UNKLE or Massive Attack?

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/23/2019 at 9:05 PM, Robinn said:

@Sandy one

Just discovered this thread, it's great!

So as someone who isn't very familiar with the genre, I'm looking for new stuff. I love Massive Attack (saw them a few months ago, albums are great as well), I really like UNKLE (especially the older work, but also The Road pt. 1) and I enjoyed the last Morcheeba album. They're probably all pretty mainstream names, but then again, trip hop isn't really big here. Where do I go from here? Are there any groups that sound familiar to UNKLE or Massive Attack?

Yes Massive Attack, Unkle, Morcheeba are great.

I would also try out Sneaker Pimps, How To Destroy Angels, Allflaws, DJ Krush.

They all have deep and darker tracks which are similar to Massive Attack and Unkle

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/20/2019 at 11:23 AM, Sandy one said:

Yes Massive Attack, Unkle, Morcheeba are great.

I would also try out Sneaker Pimps, How To Destroy Angels, Allflaws, DJ Krush.

They all have deep and darker tracks which are similar to Massive Attack and Unkle

Thanks, definitely gonna give them a go! :)

This is one of the spotify playlists, not anything to do with me but has some lush stuff that has a decent overlap with the aforementioned. It's one I go to regularly and think it has a core of songs but updated with new ones fairly regularly. It'd led me to some weird and wonderful stuff over the last few months

• 2 months later...
On 7/2/2019 at 12:43 PM, Tommy101 said:

This is one of the spotify playlists, not anything to do with me but has some lush stuff that has a decent overlap with the aforementioned. It's one I go to regularly and think it has a core of songs but updated with new ones fairly regularly. It'd led me to some weird and wonderful stuff over the last few months

Hello I've been away for a while. Thanks for the playlist. I will check it out.

• 3 weeks later...

I would listen to the whole of the first album of Morcheeba and the first album from Goldfrapp.

Also the early stuff that Nellee Hooper had an input into, from arguably the genre's beginning with Soul II Soul. When Nellee Hooper has been involved with other artists, he occasionally gives it a trip hop flavour; Bjork, Madonna, Garbage. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/11/2019 at 5:42 PM, glastofun said:

I would listen to the whole of the first album of Morcheeba and the first album from Goldfrapp.

Also the early stuff that Nellee Hooper had an input into, from arguably the genre's beginning with Soul II Soul. When Nellee Hooper has been involved with other artists, he occasionally gives it a trip hop flavour; Bjork, Madonna, Garbage. 

Hello yes thanks I'm going to listen to those albums you mentioned. And also check out stuff from Nellee Hooper

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...