Victorious Festival 2018

seanz25

29 minutes ago, seanz25 said:

Can you or someone else clarify what Choose 90s is? Seems a club night with others playing according to Google? I'm a little lost.

Yup, but they have a house band, which is presumably what will be at the festival. 

Like a less good version of Rhythm of the 90's 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Ah Gomez are the early doors act for Sunday then, knew it would be someone already announced. Defo no big hitters coming then

It's definitely weaker this year to me than previous.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2018 at 6:39 PM, luckysalt said:

Just noticed Rhythm of the 90's said on twitter they wont be playing this year. Bit shocked at that considering they must be a cheap booking and they could be whacked on any stage really. They said they're gutted they haven't been booked for this years so its not them saying no. Seem to be playing other Global fests as well. Strange one. I do notice Victorious don't seem too keen on repeat bookings though, they usually don't apply this to unsigned acts however, wonder if they will book Slow Readers this year then... 

On 4/11/2018 at 3:25 PM, seanz25 said:

Very very odd that. They're managed by the guy who books at least one of the stages if not more, wonder if he's been moved on or that?

Rhythm of the 90s are not and have never been managed by Nick Courtney. He is a local promoter that booked the band for certain shows over the last couple of years. Unfortunately it seems as if they have fallen out due to a dispute over something. Nick has now decided to find another 90s band and blocked ROT90s from playing anywhere in Portsmouth! 

2 minutes ago, Greenassubmarine said:

Rhythm of the 90s are not and have never been managed by Nick Courtney. He is a local promoter that booked the band for certain shows over the last couple of years. Unfortunately it seems as if they have fallen out due to a dispute over something. Nick has now decided to find another 90s band and blocked ROT90s from playing anywhere in Portsmouth! 

A family member tried to book ROT90s for a birthday event last year, Nick Courtney was who they were contacting about it, this came through the ROT90's site - Nick quoted a price etc - So is he just some form of a promoter? Surely minor bookings like that would be directly handled by a 'manager'?  

Edited by seanz25

4 minutes ago, Greenassubmarine said:

2 minutes ago, seanz25 said:

A family member tried to book ROT90s for a birthday event last year, Nick Courtney was who they were contacting about it, this came through the ROT90's site - Nick quoted a price etc - So is he just some form of a promoter? Surely minor bookings like that would be directly handled by a 'manager'?  

I believe this is due to NC wanting exclusivity over all Portsmouth bookings. This maybe why they dont work with him anymore. In my experience, promoters are some of the worst people in the music business. All about the £'s.....!

Just now, Greenassubmarine said:

I believe this is due to NC wanting exclusivity over all Portsmouth bookings. This maybe why they dont work with him anymore. In my experience, promoters are some of the worst people in the music business. All about the £'s.....!

Fair enough. Thanks for the info.

Their Facebook is teasing about ‘Peas and love’, possible new stage? Was thinking that is was gonna be something to do with LGBT pride (Southampton’s pride is that weekend) but Years and Years are on the Castle Stage.

Edited by 3Dimensions

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Edit: If that's correct I might come a bit later on the Saturday. Still plenty to see though.

I'll be straight in on Sat for Happy Mondays, are they any good live these days? I saw Shaun Ryder at a Gorillaz show last year and he wasn't looking his peak.

On 6/26/2018 at 11:22 AM, Tommy101 said:

I assume this is only a best guess based on last years times and poster orders but someone (who isn't me) has done a clashfinder.

https://clashfinder.com/s/victorious2018/

Edit: If that's correct I might come a bit later on the Saturday. Still plenty to see though.

I made that dude, yeah it was based on last years times, the Friday isn't though. Seems we are getting less acts on main this year so guess it will be a bit different. 

I was going to go back and do the full thing but I've not got back to it.

• Upvote 1