Victorious Festival 2018

seanz25

2 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

That must be a mistake on her site. In the UK for the previous date and 'Buy' which is a Russian city isn't massive on the festival map as far as I'm aware!

Hahah yup, that and the buy tickets link goes to Victorious. Can't see her headlining. Maybe the Castle Stage? But don' think headlining on the main stage would go down well with punters.. 

1 hour ago, seanz25 said:

Hahah yup, that and the buy tickets link goes to Victorious. Can't see her headlining. Maybe the Castle Stage? But don' think headlining on the main stage would go down well with punters.. 

It says 12pm on the site (which I think we will all take with a pinch of salt but...) that could suggest that she is the bigger ticket early act to get the crowds in a la Frank Turner and Dandy Warhols recently. I's say she's a good fit for that.

1 hour ago, Tommy101 said:

It says 12pm on the site (which I think we will all take with a pinch of salt but...) that could suggest that she is the bigger ticket early act to get the crowds in a la Frank Turner and Dandy Warhols recently. I's say she's a good fit for that.

I hope this is the case, as it' means more drinking time for me, at a reasonable price. 

Torn...came down to Victorious for the last 4-5 years from Brum and always brought a crowd with us and had a great time....except for the Friday last year which was pretty impossible to get a beer and felt pretty crowded. 

Looking now, gonna cost just over £300 for my partner, babby and myself inc camping so pretty much on a par with a lot of the bigger festival except the campsite is a bus trip away.

Why do festivals always have to grow and get a bit crap!?

Edited by Flaminglippy

41 minutes ago, Flaminglippy said:

Torn...came down to Victorious for the last 4-5 years from Brum and always brought a crowd with us and had a great time....except for the Friday last year which was pretty impossible to get a beer and felt pretty crowded. 

I think the Friday will be a lot better this year, a lot of points learned and they are opening up more of the site so I'm going to risk it for  a biscuit BUT that's a lot easier to say when you live within walking distance of the site.

1 hour ago, Tommy101 said:

I think the Friday will be a lot better this year, a lot of points learned and they are opening up more of the site so I'm going to risk it for  a biscuit BUT that's a lot easier to say when you live within walking distance of the site.

Yeah...I'm edging towards them having learnt their lesson from last year. The bit that was open was nowhere big enough for the number of people in it...and the queue at the bar was probably one of the worst I've ever experienced in 23 odd years of festival-going.  

Cracking line-up the Friday. If the rest of the weekend is in a similar vein can't imagine not going.  

friday in main arena,which lot better and greaat line up.paloma would be a castle stage headliner i would think like rita or olly.am hoping and thinking that 2 out of 5 for main headliners the courteeners the vaccines blondie  van morrison hacienda classics,with support from maybe james happy mondays rev and makers cast embrace rag and bone  blossoms etc.would love richard ashcroft

45 minutes ago, Flaminglippy said:

Reckon Snow Patrol will be one of the headliners and think LG with Richard Ashcroft subbing might be shout.

Are Snow Patrol big enough now to headline this, I know they were huge ages ago, but feels like there stock has fallen massively. Also think they'd draw a similar crowd to Elbow last year, which was noticeably more sparse than Stereophonics on the Sat.

Ashcroft I'm hoping is there.

2 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Are Snow Patrol bigger than Editiors who subbed the second stage?

I never got on with Snow Patrol so might be a bit bias.

Yes, definitely. Going off the last couple of years’ bill-toppers, Snow Patrol are perfect for the position and I’ll actually be surprised if they’re not one of the headliners.

19 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yes, definitely. Going off the last couple of years’ bill-toppers, Snow Patrol are perfect for the position and I’ll actually be surprised if they’re not one of the headliners.

Fair enough. It'd personally underwhelm me a bit but I'm sure there'd be something else on that takes my fancy. :)

47 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Fair enough. It'd personally underwhelm me a bit but I'm sure there'd be something else on that takes my fancy. :)

Me too.

Also Happy Monday's headlining Cool Britannia one of the days the same weekend, I'd say odds on they're 3rd down on Sat or Sunday.

Another thing, do we reckon the Butserfest stage will be back/changed?

Edited by seanz25

17 minutes ago, seanz25 said:

Another thing, do we reckon the Butserfest stage will be back/changed?

I hope so. Dinosaur Pile Up were one of the best things I saw there last year.

15 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

A headliner being announced next week. As well as catching up with Paloma's announcement. 

It feels overdue!

23 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

It feels overdue!

A lot of people seem to think that with festival announcements this year. 

They are no later than recent years. Victorious had their second announcement this time last year. 

Reading/Leeds could be considered later than recent years but there is a reason for that. 

Edited by JBarbour

15 hours ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Snow Patrol are - probably - still an arena act. It may be six years since they last toured in earnest in the UK, but they were a comfortably multi-night sell-out in London then I think.

Yeah...in fact I think the fact they tour so infrequently helps keep their stock up. They are also headlining or high up the bill on the Cov leg of the BBC 'Biggest Weekend'.

Personally don't mind them...seen them a fair few times and always enjoyed their set, got plenty of songs people know...plus seem like genuinely lovely blokes.

17 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

Are Snow Patrol bigger than Editiors who subbed the second stage?

I never got on with Snow Patrol so might be a bit bias.

Definitely think so. Went to the Editors day at 'Beyond The Tracks' last year and it was a terrible attendance, especially as it was a homecoming gig of sorts. They were doing all kinds of cut price offers in the lead up and it was still virtually empty. Got even quieter after Jesus and Mary Chain finished and loads of people sodded off. Shame though...Editors did a brilliant set (probably in my top 5 from last years fests along with the Pixies, Jesus and Mary Chain, BSP & Frightened Rabbit)  

So another day, no announcement. Ynot announcing tonight, I thought we would get the morning of Ynot, guess not. Bestival also tonight.

Dont think victorious have ever done an announcement that wasnt in the morning so maybe tomorrow eh.

Regarding Snow Patrol, they were a band I mentioned AGES back, see, I see them much in the vain of a travis, yeah they WERE popular but not anymore, they could get away with headlining but I dont think they should. They never even headlined V in their prime, I see them more the size of the script.

Id still go for Paul Weller you know, his tour doesn't finish til march 4th. So they could hold back for that if theres only one headliner being announced this week, alluded to above.

23 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

So another day, no announcement. Ynot announcing tonight, I thought we would get the morning of Ynot, guess not. Bestival also tonight.

Dont think victorious have ever done an announcement that wasnt in the morning so maybe tomorrow eh.

Id still go for Paul Weller you know, his tour doesn't finish til march 4th. So they could hold back for that if theres only one headliner being announced this week, alluded to above.

Tomorrow at 9am.

Its a decent announcement too. 

Edited by JBarbour