Victorious Festival 2018

seanz25

On 15/09/2017 at 10:48 AM, seanz25 said:

Also add that childrens tickets are now only ages 5 - 12 - Used to be right up until about 15/16. Global making some big changes.

I think it's pissed up 15/16 year olds that caused most of the grief in the past few years. This could be a strategy to curtail that somewhat? (I'm sure added profitability isn't seen as a draw back).

When you look at the amount of teenagers there this past year, they would be absolutely STUPID to not change the price of teenagers tickets, I would have done the same. 

These aren't here as families travelling to the festival, these are all the local teenagers all going in huge groups getting pissed up. 

You think this target group will be put off if the price is £8 or £25, they will still go, this is the iphone generation, they don't care about cost, if its local and theres ONE act they like they'll go and it will all be about my mates are going so I HAVE to go. 

Clever move by Global and its not to curb the unruly teenagers, its to milk them dry.

I just hope that they don't plan to target the teenagers as their main target audience, for me, I would have Common Stage as older acts and the Castle Stage as the stage for the teens, seperate them and let it be, you can't turn away the teenager customer, they will be there wanting to spend but you can't let it takeover the festival, so seperating the core audience up is the best way to go for me, after all they get rid of the adults and their goes their bar sales, there needs to be more of a security presence within the festival next year, but I highly doubt there will be.

On ‎19‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 10:58 AM, luckysalt said:

These aren't here as families travelling to the festival, these are all the local teenagers all going in huge groups getting pissed up. 

To be fair to teenagers I think the majority on site weren't drunk - just excited.

1 hour ago, slash's hat said:

When do they normally start announcing for this festival? Last few years have looked at the line up and been impressed but not sure about buying till know a bit more.

Probably get a name or two before Christmas but the bulk will be in the new year 

On 26/09/2017 at 7:04 PM, thetime said:

As you are a local matt, will the camping be returning next year?

Pretty sure it's already confirmed it's back. 

Also as to the questions on act announcements - There's been very little repatition in time-frame over past few years when it comes to these being made. Fairly certain we had quite a bit before Christmas for 2017. 2016 was 100% majority announced post-Christmas.

9 hours ago, funky squaredance said:

With V Festival on the way out could this mean a much more pop orientated feel to Victorious? 

I doubt what happens with V will make any difference.

Live Nation will still have the acts it wants tied to them tied to them, leaving what's left for Global to tie to them. 

And there'll be fuck all for anyone else - if things went the way the big players would like.

Rather luckily the BBC are in the mix, and fucking up the wants and plans of both. Bands sit around refusing to commit to those until they find out if the Beeb wants them. It throws a spanner in the big players plans, and ends up leaving a few acts for other players.

On 26/09/2017 at 7:04 PM, thetime said:

As you are a local matt, will the camping be returning next year?

I'm not a local anymore, I live in Manchester now :P 

But yeah I'd have thought it would be as its need to grow the festival, really. The fact they had to move it fairly last minute though suggests to me things didn't go as smoothly as they'd hoped. 

On 27/09/2017 at 8:04 PM, seanz25 said:

Pretty sure it's already confirmed it's back. 

Also as to the questions on act announcements - There's been very little repatition in time-frame over past few years when it comes to these being made. Fairly certain we had quite a bit before Christmas for 2017. 2016 was 100% majority announced post-Christmas.

Headliners and Jake Bugg etc. got announced at the beginning of Feb this year I think. Madness and Craig Charles was all we had by Christmas 

It will probably be decided by whatever acts are playing tour dates. 

Last year Madness were announced straight after their UK tour had finished, which was 19th December, i'd imagine they would prefer to announce a little earlier than that with it being so close to Christmas, if possible.

They ended the early bird prices a day before as well. 

Just looking at arena shows in Nov/Dec theres not too many that fit Victorious size of previous years or the same kind of act that might go over well. 

Blondie are playing in November who I think would fit in well, but perhaps not as a headline act for a festival trying to grow. Remember the Friday is the second stage mind. UB40 are also on tour. UB40 would probably pull in the same kinda crowd as Madness did this year I guess, but Madness play the festival circuit they still have that 'cool' factor about them whereas UB40 do not.

On 10/2/2017 at 11:16 AM, thetime said:

They're doing the Friday night on the common stage next year, noticed this when buying tickets last week.

Are they! I hadn't seen that, thats very interesting, I guess they have a bigger act lined up then. Still half the site and less of a day. 

Regarding The Prodigy, I'd say theres as good a chance they could play, will all depend of if they got a better offer elsewhere tho, same with any act really. All about the money/exposure. 

I guess if Global offer Prodigy a package to do the bulk of their fests would be quite attractive money wise. 

13 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Are they! I hadn't seen that, thats very interesting, I guess they have a bigger act lined up then. Still half the site and less of a day. 

Regarding The Prodigy, I'd say theres as good a chance they could play, will all depend of if they got a better offer elsewhere tho, same with any act really. All about the money/exposure. 

I guess if Global offer Prodigy a package to do the bulk of their fests would be quite attractive money wise. 

Could definitely see that sooner or later. They’re not gonna get a lot of other festival offers in the UK and a run on Kendal, Victorious et al could do them some good.

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

Hmmm, think they could grab someone as large as Arcade Fire? They cant be that much bigger nowadays than Noel who headlined a couple of years ago.....

They're doing Europe the entire April next year so I doubt they will be back to do summer festivals again. 

But yeah they're far bigger than Noel anyway.

5 hours ago, victorious mike said:

There is no way they would get Arcade Fire. In my opinion they are too big for victorious and would more likely do Reading/Leeds which they have headlined a couple of times already(playing to more people and being on BBC).

No way they are getting booked for R+L this year. A million better, more relevant bands around that they could pick up. I expect AF will do a mid-sized fest if they do anything e.g. Latitude, IOW, Victorious etc.

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

No way they are getting booked for R+L this year. A million better, more relevant bands around that they could pick up. I expect AF will do a mid-sized fest if they do anything e.g. Latitude, IOW, Victorious etc.

Dawg, Isle of Wight is a major festival... and it already had them headline this year!

Latitude could feasibly happen because they have the biggest live entertainment company in the world backing it, and they'd still be a very big headliner there. Ain't happening at Victorious - there's still way more chance of them playing Reading that weekend than Portsmouth.

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Dawg, Isle of Wight is a major festival... and it already had them headline this year!

Latitude could feasibly happen because they have the biggest live entertainment company in the world backing it, and they'd still be a very big headliner there. Ain't happening at Victorious - there's still way more chance of them playing Reading that weekend than Portsmouth.

OK probs should have checked when they last played IOW before making that comment :P

I dunno, I'm not sure I'd consider it, Bestival or V a "major" festival anymore the same way I consider Glasto, R&L, TRNSMT etc. They've all lost ground (thought that may just because I really hate IOW fest, but the rest are defo shrinking).

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Not sure that IOW 2017 is the example of a "major festival" you want to use, given the poor attendance this year even after all the half price / BOGOF ticket offers they ran.