Bearded Theory 2018

BlackHole2006

21 hours ago, Ravey Davey Gravy said:

my plan is to arrive at about 12 and I expect to be q-ing, but its OK for me as Im only 15 miles away.

SallyJ Booth has stated anyone that arrives by car prior to 1pm will be turned away. 

As for the weather, the lovely Gav has done the final update for BT. 

https://www.gavsweathervids.com/festivals-sporting-events.php

1 hour ago, Curlygirl said:

SallyJ Booth has stated anyone that arrives by car prior to 1pm will be turned away. 

As for the weather, the lovely Gav has done the final update for BT. 

https://www.gavsweathervids.com/festivals-sporting-events.php

Can understand why they won't let people in the campsites etc before 1pm but not why they won't let people in the car parks? Surely it would be better for people to turn up over the course of an hour or so beforehand rather than turning up en masse at exactly 1pm?  

Anyway...sod it. Tomorrow is gonna be sunny and we'll have a beer on the go at 1pm. Happy days!   

Edited by Flaminglippy

11 hours ago, lazyred said:

It might be a cabin where we picked up wristbands a couple of years ago. It was on the edge of the campervan field near where you cross over to the overspill campervan field.

3 hours ago, spudthemariner said:

There was also a Cabin in the main parking field for those who are camping.

Smashing, thanks bot:)

My brother has a rig at bearded.. If you see VOID speakers that's his rig..

If any of you find yourself in that tent Ask for geezer and give him a pint from me.. Please please please it would make both his festival and my weekend. 

Just remember look for VOID 

CHEERS OLD SONS GUY 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

Setting off at the unholy hour of 3am tomorrow morning. I should probably pack up some stuff 

good grief, where do you live?

34 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

My brother has a rig at bearded.. If you see VOID speakers that's his rig..

If any of you find yourself in that tent Ask for geezer and give him a pint from me.. Please please please it would make both his festival and my weekend. 

Just remember look for VOID 

CHEERS OLD SONS GUY 

does he like rum?

I can see why they say they will turn people away prior to 1pm but it's not really possible where it's located. Bit like Glastonbury it's down country lanes, it simply would not be possible to turn any amount of traffic around and virtually nowhere to park up nearby so I'm pretty sure you will be allowed on the car parks if you happen to arrive before 1. Not doing so would cause problems.  Even though it is situated off a country road it's one of the main routes between Tamworth and Burton.

Fully expect gates not to open until 1pm and tbh it's fairly pointless aiming to arrive early because there isn't much of a queue (judging from last 2 years) and there is plenty of camping space and none of it is very far from the arena entrance so very much unlike Glastonbury there's no real advantage to getting there early.

Edit - Oh and we are going as Bees on Sunday apparently. No idea how the girls got from Magical forest creatures like pixies and elfs to land on Bees but there you go. If you see a bunch of bees on Sunday it could be us lot.

Edited by The_Amazing_Oblong

39 minutes ago, Perks said:

good grief, where do you live?

Dorset, I know it’s an odd time, i didn’t arrange it I’m just doing what I’m told. I think it was either stay up and leave late or go to bed and get up at 4-5 anyway 

to add, we are performers/crew so unsure if we’ll be able to get in earlier, but I’m guessing it’ll be ok 

Edited by Michaels denim shorts

2 hours ago, Flaminglippy said:

Can understand why they won't let people in the campsites etc before 1pm but not why they won't let people in the car parks? Surely it would be better for people to turn up over the course of an hour or so beforehand rather than turning up en masse at exactly 1pm?  

Anyway...sod it. Tomorrow is gonna be sunny and we'll have a beer on the go at 1pm. Happy days!   

Totally agree. But that’s what she said. Cheers ?

Vehicles will be turned away, it's easy to turn them round in a field and send them away again. Police will move people on who are blocking laybys, local side roads.

Just arrive after 1pm, remember the locals need to use that road and it can put the licence at risk.

If they let people in early officially, then people would start arriving at 11am, then 10am etc... 

Edited by Paul ™
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

I am that! I seem to have this people finding talent!! So void, geezer, pint!! What does he drink? I’m on it!! 

Star girl 

VOID SPEAKERS..... Ask for geezer... Give him any good lager and a kiss from Guy xxx

I'm just trying to find what stage he's doing.. Xx

6 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

I am that! I seem to have this people finding talent!! So void, geezer, pint!! What does he drink? I’m on it!! 

Ok he's doing the convoy Cabaret tent.. 

My mates the SPORADICS are playing there great punky band also 51st state and RDF top bands.. 

9 hours ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

Dorset, I know it’s an odd time, i didn’t arrange it I’m just doing what I’m told. I think it was either stay up and leave late or go to bed and get up at 4-5 anyway 

to add, we are performers/crew so unsure if we’ll be able to get in earlier, but I’m guessing it’ll be ok 

Safe journey dude! See you in the fields 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Now showing rain Friday AND Sunday. The absolute gobshites.

Still.... gonna be great. Some last minute shopping this morning then setting off at 11. See you there!

Repeat after me......

It's only water, it's only water, it's only water.

Safe journey.

If you’re looking at the same forecast as me (BBC), then it rates the chances of rain at 50% (at its worst). Let’s keep our finger crossed!

Setting off at 11 - little boy is very excited about going to to his first festival. He stood up in the front of his class yesterday and told the teacher and his friends all about it. This ruining our plans of pulling a sickie for him for the last 2 days of term :rolleyes:

• Upvote 2