Bearded Theory 2018

BlackHole2006

11 hours ago, ollyrag said:

Hello Beardo's

Can I get some info please ?

Can anyone advise at what time the car park will open (and entrace through wristband exchange if possible)

Coming from a fair distance and want to time this right.

Last year got into Car park about 10am and onto camp site before noon.

Hearing that Car Park will not be open until 1pm this year - which seems very tight to get parked, unpacked, set up camp before the Pallet Stage opens.

ALSO

is there a link to stage times / clashfinder ?

Completely admit that I am a bit lazy to trawl through 17 pages to get this

Can anyone help ?

Ta

Mr. Rag

This probably isn't accurate, but at least it's something to work from - https://clashfinder.com/s/bearded2018/

I think the stage times will only be available when you get there.

Forecast has gone a bit downhill for the Friday now, unfortunately. Taking my 5 year-old for the first two days as his first festival experience! Hopefully it won’t turn into a deluge.

Looking forward to some dance tent action on the Friday night (once child has departed) - Altern 8 usually does an Old Skool Rave set followed by Darren Emerson. Will probably watch Sleeper and The Coral with the boy in the evening.

Looking forward to Mik Artistik/ FLC/ Sleaford Mods/ Robert Plant/ Dub Pistols/ Jimmy Cliff on the other days.

Haven’t done as much investigative work on the undercard as I normally do for festivals. Any other tips? Not really a fan of punk, so anything other than this would be appreciated!

15 hours ago, ollyrag said:

is there a link to stage times / clashfinder ?

Beware of the clashfinder. I based Thursday, in particular, purely on how many acts there were, and how long acts tend to play for. I have no insider knowledge at all, and did it just for fun. Please don't commit yourself to anything important off the back of it.

That said, I think @Gnomicide found a tweet from the Bearded folk saying they were surprisingly accurate, but caveat emptor, and all that

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, sparkythetortoise said:

Beware of the clashfinder. I based Thursday, in particular, purely on how many acts there were, and how long acts tend to play for. I have no insider knowledge at all, and did it just for fun. Please don't commit yourself to anything important off the back of it.

That said, I think @Gnomicide found a tweet from the Bearded folk saying they were surprisingly accurate, but caveat emptor, and all that

Yep, they said the main stages were pretty accurate, there is another Bearded Clashfinder on there that has been completed by someone who posts on the Bearded forum, might be worth having a look at that too.

8 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Yep, they said the main stages were pretty accurate, there is another Bearded Clashfinder on there that has been completed by someone who posts on the Bearded forum, might be worth having a look at that too.

Either or neither could be right. The one with the showcase on shows it ending at 22.00 but the BT website says it ends at 23.00 Friday and Saturday.

But we shall find out who, what, when etc whilst waiting in line for wristbands on Thursday :D

Edited by Nobody Interesting

A quick query for any of you regulars - my ticket has been lost in the post so See have told me to pick it up at the ticket office when I get there - I’ve looked on the BT website but no info of where that is - can anyone help please? Many thanks 

44 minutes ago, mario man said:

A quick query for any of you regulars - my ticket has been lost in the post so See have told me to pick it up at the ticket office when I get there - I’ve looked on the BT website but no info of where that is - can anyone help please? Many thanks 

It might be a cabin where we picked up wristbands a couple of years ago. It was on the edge of the campervan field near where you cross over to the overspill campervan field.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, lazyred said:

It might be a cabin where we picked up wristbands a couple of years ago. It was on the edge of the campervan field near where you cross over to the overspill campervan field.

There was also a Cabin in the main parking field for those who are camping.

• Upvote 1

The weather has proper changed since I looked, I was nearly buying factor 50 the other day - need me boots and rain mack now....

Nah to be fair it doesn't look too bad, Sat and Sun look nice and as @Nobody Interestingsays party late Thursday, lie in while the rain has its moment Fri morning