Bearded Theory 2018

BlackHole2006

I'm with @Gnomicide .Being within hearing range of the magic teapot bongo crew was a definite irritant through the night.

Better toilet arrangements at main stage would be a worthwhile change.

Otherwise a great weekend. Idles won me over and it was fun to see Crazyhead for first time in a long long time. Not a punky ska fan but there was tons of choice on the music front.

Big confetti singalongs with Rev and Jimy Cliff topped and tailed things nicely. Hardly queued for a pint all weekend and the food choices were sound.   Think we got away with the weather a bit.

Will be back next year for more of the same.

3 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

Well I am just about recovering from the weekend and have to say I thoroughly enjoyed everything about it!! There isn’t a thing I would change. The rain didn’t bother me at all! Jumping around like a lunatic to Dubioza was my absolute highlight!!! Met the most beautiful people including the lovely @paddyclark, loved the line up and the bars! Woodland is an awesome stage and the sound from the Pallet stage was spot on. The bars were all reasonably priced and had loads of choice! And the toastie stall.. well let’s just say I need more goats cheese and onion marmalade in my life!! @Yoghurt on a Stick You have to go next year!! I still owe you many pints for making Jessie!! I’d love nothing more than to sit on the grass and talk to you in real life about your adventures!! I will be there every year from now on without a doubt. 

Hello Curlygirl,

So, so glad that you had a belter at BT. It's a shame you didn't bump in to Jamie, but never mind. Maybe I'll be able to introduce him personally next year. In fact, I'm pretty certain now, that BT is the only festival I'll be aiming for next year. I may well 'bolt on' other(s), but think that BT will be the only one that I'll try to get Early Bird tickets for.

As to talking about my real life adventures, I think I must have detailed them all on here by now. I'd rather look forward to hearing your real life adventures. 

All the best. :)

On 5/29/2018 at 12:08 PM, paddyclark said:

Do it Yog.. Just been for the first time and cracking weekend..  Way more going on than festivals of its size, excellent food and the woodland and its bar is excellent in itself.  For an early Bird price of £100 hard to see anything better. Good mix of music and a good audience.

Pity you couldn't get rid of that weird lanky bloke in the loud tie-dye shirt, though! :D

• Like 1

Good to hear all the first timers enjoyed it, it really is a great party

Once again, I cant fault it, I was lucky not having too much trouble getting in.

I love the vibe and even though its got bigger (doubled in size since my first one in 2012) it still keeps that same atmosphere and friendliness.

Music highs for me were Thurs - Rev, Friday - PizzaTramp, Sat - Therapy? and Sun - Dubiazo Kolektiv

Good times and roll on next year

On 5/29/2018 at 5:33 PM, crazyfool1 said:

thanks .. it is a little on the big side :)  Did you make it to October Drift .? .. spoke to my friend today and he said it was a bit wet at the time 

Yes I most certainly did!! They were brilliant. I was in my upmost element and danced my little socks off!! I don’t recall it being wet when they were on?? To be honest I didn’t care! I was just in my happy place ?

On 5/29/2018 at 7:15 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello Curlygirl,

So, so glad that you had a belter at BT. It's a shame you didn't bump in to Jamie, but never mind. Maybe I'll be able to introduce him personally next year. In fact, I'm pretty certain now, that BT is the only festival I'll be aiming for next year. I may well 'bolt on' other(s), but think that BT will be the only one that I'll try to get Early Bird tickets for.

As to talking about my real life adventures, I think I must have detailed them all on here by now. I'd rather look forward to hearing your real life adventures. 

All the best. :)

I am buzzing that you have decided BT is for you!!! And yes I’d love to meet Jamie! I can’t believe I didn’t find him with his sparkly blue jacket!! Never mind, I met many others who were all amazing! Hope to see you there Yog x

9 hours ago, mr gumby said:

Pity you couldn't get rid of that weird lanky bloke in the loud tie-dye shirt, though! :D

Hello mr gumby,

I never had you down as being lanky. In fact, in my minds eye I had you down as being quite the opposite. Oh well, you live and learn. I'm not very tall myself, so was wondering what's it like up there? What can you see? :)

20 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

I am buzzing that you have decided BT is for you!!! And yes I’d love to meet Jamie! I can’t believe I didn’t find him with his sparkly blue jacket!! Never mind, I met many others who were all amazing! Hope to see you there Yog x

Yes, it's the only one on my hit list for next year. Other small(er) festivals may be added, but BT will be the main one. It'd be good to meet up. Have you got any / many more festivals this year? My brain is recalling that you are going to Bestival. I've entered a competition for tickets for it, so you never know, we might meet up there.  :)

On 5/29/2018 at 3:18 PM, Curlygirl said:

Well I am just about recovering from the weekend and have to say I thoroughly enjoyed everything about it!! There isn’t a thing I would change. The rain didn’t bother me at all! Jumping around like a lunatic to Dubioza was my absolute highlight!!! Met the most beautiful people including the lovely @paddyclark, loved the line up and the bars! Woodland is an awesome stage and the sound from the Pallet stage was spot on. The bars were all reasonably priced and had loads of choice! And the toastie stall.. well let’s just say I need more goats cheese and onion marmalade in my life!! @Yoghurt on a Stick You have to go next year!! I still owe you many pints for making Jessie!! I’d love nothing more than to sit on the grass and talk to you in real life about your adventures!! I will be there every year from now on without a doubt. 

And I may join you next year from the review plus I need an adventure 

5 minutes ago, paddyclark said:

Plus you introduced me to the god like genius that is TORT.  Had to stop myself genuflecting..  

May you recover from the trauma caused by exposure to my humour all weekend.

Your jokes were all part of the experience mate. Sitting back in my dull boring sterile office I could do with someone around me with a sense of humour. 

Damn I wish I was back in those fields ?

16 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello mr gumby,

I never had you down as being lanky. In fact, in my minds eye I had you down as being quite the opposite. Oh well, you live and learn. I'm not very tall myself, so was wondering what's it like up there? What can you see? :)

I can usually see the stage, which is handy! :)

• Like 1

On 5/31/2018 at 10:38 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Yes, it's the only one on my hit list for next year. Other small(er) festivals may be added, but BT will be the main one. It'd be good to meet up. Have you got any / many more festivals this year? My brain is recalling that you are going to Bestival. I've entered a competition for tickets for it, so you never know, we might meet up there.  :)

That's great news Yog!! You won't regret it! Yeah I have a few! Let's Rock a week today, then Splendour, Kendal Calling, Bestival, Hardwick Live and the big fake fest. And I know for certain they won't be a patch on BT! Let's hope you win tickets for Bestival!!! Good luck!

23 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

And I may join you next year from the review plus I need an adventure 

Excellent mate!! You will love it!! How was your day one?

23 hours ago, Happyscotsman said:

Wow, what an amazing festival that was. I enjoyed every aspect of it music, food, beer, vibe etc

Best part though was making friends with the best group of campers ever, especially @Curlygirl & @paddyclark

The outside world really is shit now though ? 

Hi Smiler! And Happy first post ;) ... You two had better start being nice to the Mrs's!!! Camp twat would not be camp twat without you guys!! Start laying the groundwork! @paddyclark I'm still chortling at your puns ?

On 6/2/2018 at 7:58 AM, Curlygirl said:

That's great news Yog!! You won't regret it! Yeah I have a few! Let's Rock a week today, then Splendour, Kendal Calling, Bestival, Hardwick Live and the big fake fest. And I know for certain they won't be a patch on BT! Let's hope you win tickets for Bestival!!! Good luck!

Excellent mate!! You will love it!! How was your day one?

Hi Smiler! And Happy first post ;) ... You two had better start being nice to the Mrs's!!! Camp twat would not be camp twat without you guys!! Start laying the groundwork! @paddyclark I'm still chortling at your puns ?

Bloody excellent thanks .... I was giddy on life, live music and cider as I ran up to Newton Faulkner at 2am across the surf club car park, shoutin* Mr Faulkner would you sign my set list please .... to be fair to him he was lovely, I was giddy, and bless him he had to be up at 5am to catch a flight out .... I seriously left my dignity in that car park !