Bearded Theory 2018

BlackHole2006

was just in a meeting and all I could think about was BT, had zero interest. kept thinking what I'd be doing this time next week, while these goons will be in this meeting, I found myself smiling, I suddenly got asked if i had anything to contribute - I had no idea what had even been discussed. my best contribution, I wont be here next week.

weather is looking nice, although I hope not too hot - do not want the Wednesday of Glastonbury last year repeated. sorry hot weather people, but that was too much - cloudy and dry will do me

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Pinhead said:

Thinking of this one with this stage in the corner:

IMG_3919.jpg

3 hours ago, Cheshire Cat said:

Yep that is Gails/Somwthing Else Tea tent, has been at every Bearded since the very first. Its had a couple of upgrades of tent and stage, its now completely solar powered and serves tea, cake and boozy coffee 24hrs

Yep that is the lovely place. The boozy coffee is highly recommended.

Was blisteringly hot when I arrived on Wednesday last year funnily enough. Looking forward to, though have gout in right foot which concerns me as there is always so much walking to do at a festi and lots of standing / walking for 8 hours at a time with Oxfam shifts depending... :unsure:

4 hours ago, Perks said:

was just in a meeting and all I could think about was BT, had zero interest. kept thinking what I'd be doing this time next week, while these goons will be in this meeting, I found myself smiling, I suddenly got asked if i had anything to contribute - I had no idea what had even been discussed. my best contribution, I wont be here next week.

weather is looking nice, although I hope not too hot - do not want the Wednesday of Glastonbury last year repeated. sorry hot weather people, but that was too much - cloudy and dry will do me

"do you have anything to contribute.."??

"I wont be here next week.." ?

did anyone say "what a shame...." ?

You should have told them you will be eating cheese and drinking port at Cheesy Vinyl...

27 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

I'll take hot and dry over the 2015 quagmire..

It was 2014, the only one I've missed since 2012. Avoided the quagmire and UB40, a masterstroke.

Think I still would've preferred to be there than at home though.

Ruddy eck you're talking about weather - must be getting close. I was litter picking on that Wednesday and it was tough, I can tell you, but I'd take it anytime over the horror show of the previous year.

anyhow....

Just nipped in to say that while I sadly won't be attended this year, and am still smarting over that fact , I've just come back from seeing "October Drift" supporting The Slow Readers Club, and while the headliners were fine, it was the support act that caught my imagination with a blistering set. I felt duty bound to recommend you make the effect to get so see them if you can (They are the opening act on the main stage on Friday, so easily missed, I would think.) - sort of Nirvana/Editors hybrid, with a touch of Ian Curtis in the front man, if such a thing can be imagined.

Bands I tip for greatness usually end up languishing in utter obscurity, so this recommendation from me is probably the  kiss of death, but I really do think these guys have got something.

Have a great festival, one and all

Edited by sparkythetortoise

8 hours ago, sparkythetortoise said:

Ruddy eck you're talking about weather - must be getting close. I was litter picking on that Wednesday and it was tough, I can tell you, but I'd take it anytime over the horror show of the previous year.

anyhow....

Just nipped in to say that while I sadly won't be attended this year, and am still smarting over that fact , I've just come back from seeing "October Drift" supporting The Slow Readers Club, and while the headliners were fine, it was the support act that caught my imagination with a blistering set. I felt duty bound to recommend you make the effect to get so see them if you can (They are the opening act on the main stage on Friday, so easily missed, I would think.) - sort of Nirvana/Editors hybrid, with a touch of Ian Curtis in the front man, if such a thing can be imagined.

Bands I tip for greatness usually end up languishing in utter obscurity, so this recommendation from me is probably the  kiss of death, but I really do think these guys have got something.

They will do for me , love Editors but never heard of Nirvana or Ian Curtis ?

Edited by ivan

On another matter I am staying with my brother in Wiltshire at the mo. Told him Robert Plant was headlining BT To be told.

”My mate Adam was stood behind him at the HSBC cash machine last week in Devizes” 

16 minutes ago, ivan said:

On another matter I am staying with my brother in Wiltshire at the mo. Told him Robert Plant was headlining BT To be told.

”My mate Adam was stood behind him at the HSBC cash machine last week in Devizes” 

He wasnt wearing a balaclava was he..?? (mate Adam not Plant)

24 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I dislike the BBC. They are playing with my head. All other forecasts are lovely.

Just spotted that now. Bastards.

@sparkythetortoise - I'm intending on checking out October Drift. @crazyfool1 has been banging on about them for a while but I think he's biased :)

7 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Just spotted that now. Bastards.

@sparkythetortoise - I'm intending on checking out October Drift. @crazyfool1 has been banging on about them for a while but I think he's biased :)

he is :) ... let me know what you think too ...and say hello to Chris the drummer if you meet them 

16 hours ago, sparkythetortoise said:

anyhow....

they are pretty good aren't they ?:) will give the feedback to the guys :) ...I love the energy of the band ( but im biased :) ) 

On 5/18/2018 at 6:49 PM, Pinhead said:

I'll take hot and dry over the 2015 quagmire..

Yeah I know what you mean, but that Wed last year was sooo hard. The year before was hard, but at least I could breath. Couldn’t get far, but could breath! me and my pal think that year was so funny, one of our best.

Anyway, back to BT, dry with a glimmer of sun. Perfect.

Had the play list blasting yest. Got me even more excited. Just gotta get the 3 chump work days out the way, then the fun starts.

On 5/18/2018 at 5:49 PM, BlueDaze said:

"do you have anything to contribute.."??

"I wont be here next week.." ?

did anyone say "what a shame...." ?

You should have told them you will be eating cheese and drinking port at Cheesy Vinyl...

Ha ha. I should’ve said that. Love me some port and cheese.

With you on the cider ever since gagging on the stuff as a teenager. 

Love the fact we can bring our own choice of tipple to the arena....Lager for me too with the temptation of vodka and whisky.....am I right in thinking there ain't a silent disco? 

First time at BT and cannot bloody wait!

On 5/19/2018 at 4:54 PM, crazyfool1 said:

they are pretty good aren't they ?:) will give the feedback to the guys :) ...I love the energy of the band ( but im biased :) ) 

With you on October drift...joys of Spotify and discovering new loves..brill

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 12:02 AM, sparkythetortoise said:

Love SRC so will definitely make sure we check October Drift out...cheers!

Be a good reason to drag me arse out of bed early on the Friday as well.  

Hello Beardo's

Can I get some info please ?

Can anyone advise at what time the car park will open (and entrace through wristband exchange if possible)

Coming from a fair distance and want to time this right.

Last year got into Car park about 10am and onto camp site before noon.

Hearing that Car Park will not be open until 1pm this year - which seems very tight to get parked, unpacked, set up camp before the Pallet Stage opens.

ALSO

is there a link to stage times / clashfinder ?

Completely admit that I am a bit lazy to trawl through 17 pages to get this

Can anyone help ?

Ta

Mr. Rag