Bearded Theory 2018

BlackHole2006

It's my first time this year, just wondered if there's stuff on late at night or if people congregate in the campsites? 

One of the reasons l like Glastonbury is there's stuff on all night so when you do try and sleep it's quiet! Am such a light sleeper ?

13 hours ago, Becks12 said:

It's my first time this year, just wondered if there's stuff on late at night or if people congregate in the campsites? 

One of the reasons l like Glastonbury is there's stuff on all night so when you do try and sleep it's quiet! Am such a light sleeper ?

I have not been to Bearded for a few years , but with 20 or so Glasto regulars going we are treating this as a replacement.  I did feel that in the past Bearded did let itself down a bit with the early closing .  I remember my late night entertainment on the Sunday night being sat outside a stall drinking a coffee at midnight chatting cos everywhere else had  shut down.  Unless things have changed you will not find the late night / early morning hours naughtiness of the Stone Circle but hopefully the dance areas will go on into the early hours . Hopefully some BT attendees from the last few years can give us some help ? 

16 hours ago, Becks12 said:

Hello Becks - you'll love BT, its wonderful. There is now more later night stuff on the Fri-Sat, Dance Tent closes at 3am, think convoy, maui, ship are all 2am, the tea tent was open 24 hours, I was defo in there at 4,5 6am a few years ago, some dudes playing on guitar, not sure if thats every year though, theres a communal fire that had people there late last year, but not whole areas like Glastonbury that are party 24hours. People do tend to mill at the camp, well they did by us, which doesnt ever bother me, Im normally a late night owl. But there are quiter camping areas and most people in the 6 years ive been going and really respectful. I hope you find it the same.

It really is a great festival - I hope you enjoy it. :-)

29 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Used to be a smallish venue that was open most of the night. Had a small stage and did spirits. Anyone remember the name?

Was it the tea tent? Could buy rum from there and they had a little stage. Have seen it open all night.

Good stuff! To be honest I'm usually up half the night anyway, I'm sure I'll bump into all you night owls by the tea tent or something! I do need sleep though, I can't function on an hour a night like some people. Too old these days! 

Looking forwards to it though, done the booze run today so starting to feel in the festival mood ?

11 hours ago, Becks12 said:

Good stuff! To be honest I'm usually up half the night anyway, I'm sure I'll bump into all you night owls by the tea tent or something! I do need sleep though, I can't function on an hour a night like some people. Too old these days! 

Looking forwards to it though, done the booze run today so starting to feel in the festival mood ?

Yeah as much as I dont like to admit it, age is catching up and the all nighters arent as often as I'd like. Bit of kip goes a long way now.

Booze run is always good - done some more of mine too - nearly there now.

1 week people - buzzing

mmmm gin with limes and raisins? what the duece. sounds well intriguing, I have cherry drop rum all done, smells beautiful. Me pal has the green skittles vodka and red skittles gin on the go. they look...well they look different..

55 minutes ago, Perks said:

mmmm gin with limes and raisins? what the duece. sounds well intriguing, I have cherry drop rum all done, smells beautiful. Me pal has the green skittles vodka and red skittles gin on the go. they look...well they look different..

The lime give it a lovely taste and the raisins soak up liquid (as well as adding a subtle flavour) so when you take them out you also have  a nice alcoholic snack.

13 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

The lime give it a lovely taste and the raisins soak up liquid (as well as adding a subtle flavour) so when you take them out you also have  a nice alcoholic snack.

are you in the market for any new friends? :-) boozey raisin snacks - I dig that

Feeling very jealous as not going this year due to a couple of reasons. Firstly my mate who suffers with depression now feels that his festival days are over (although hopefully that will change at a later date), secondly my ongoing knee issues have really knocked all this years festivals on the head apart from the odd one dayer like Nick Cave in June. 

Have a great time everybody and hopefully we will both be fit enough to resume normal activities next year.

18 hours ago, Perks said:

Was it the tea tent? Could buy rum from there and they had a little stage. Have seen it open all night.

Yeah, that's the one I think, but didn't want to say Tea Tent as I'm sure there have been two venues of the same name over the years I have been going there. Gail's Tea Tent for example was next to the Something Else tent. The one I'm thinking of was the little one on the right not long after you entered the arena from Walton camp, which yes I think did do rum amongst other spirits early into the morning.

3 hours ago, Pinhead said:

Yeah, that's the one I think, but didn't want to say Tea Tent as I'm sure there have been two venues of the same name over the years I have been going there. Gail's Tea Tent for example was next to the Something Else tent. The one I'm thinking of was the little one on the right not long after you entered the arena from Walton camp, which yes I think did do rum amongst other spirits early into the morning.

That is Gail's Tea Tent/Something Else Tea Tent as they are one and the same thing. A white tent adorned with red and black fabrics.

Hello all,

I've just been informed by a mate that he and his girlfriend can't make it to Bearded Theory despite having tickets. So, he has asked me to try to sell them on here. They are at cost price (natch). I haven't had or got the time to think of a fair way of doing this, other than first come first served, and if they drop out, move to the second reply. 

I'm going to post this in a few places on efests. 

All I will do is provide you with the bloke's telephone number and email address, and you can sort it with him direct. 

Probably best to PM me on this if you, or someone you know, is interested.

51 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Thinking of this one with this stage in the corner:

IMG_3919.jpg

Yep that is Gails/Somwthing Else Tea tent, has been at every Bearded since the very first. Its had a couple of upgrades of tent and stage, its now completely solar powered and serves tea, cake and boozy coffee 24hrs

21 hours ago, Pinhead said:

A few years back they ran the 3rd Stage (now Maui Waui) and had the Tea Tent next to the Something Else Tent. Since then I think it's always on the right as you walk into the arena.

Anyways.... Every weather site I've looked at is showing a dry festival, albeit with different levels of cloud cover but most have decent spells of sunshine.

Expecting it to all go wrong on Wednesday.