Bearded Theory 2018

BlackHole2006

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'm guessing that part of what had them change the date was the ability to change the date. If they'd been playing a festival and couldn't alter the date, they might perhaps have still played.

Was about to post this when I saw @Curlygirl's response:

Yeah, I guess so. Some understandably unhappy people responding to that post though. You wouldn't be happy if you had travel and hotels booked etc.

Looks like enough unhappy people have changed their minds.

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

Was about to post this when I saw @Curlygirl's response:

Yeah, I guess so. Some understandably unhappy people responding to that post though. You wouldn't be happy if you had travel and hotels booked etc.

Looks like enough unhappy people have changed their minds.

I personally wouldn’t be happy if I’d arranged to go to a gig, but then I’m not a massive football fan! If it was being held in Liverpool I may be able to understand it. Looks like their fans have spoken up tho and thankfully they’ve listened! 

22 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Well yeah, but that doesn't count. I don't frequent FB, are there many selling? I suspect a few Liverpool fans may be.

In not entirely unrelated news, I see the festival Cast were due to headline on the night of the final was cancelled the day after Liverpool qualified. I'm sure it's not related but conspiracy theories abound.

There are a few being sold and yeah a few of them are football related but not many..

Which festival was that then?

1 hour ago, shoptildrop said:

There are a few being sold and yeah a few of them are football related but not many..

Which festival was that then?

Atmosphere Festival in Mossley. To be fair, it looked dreadful. Probably just lack of ticket sales.

Getting excited now!  Just started listening to the Showcase playlist and all of the bands on there sound excellent!  I have been trying to find out a bit more about the different stages, bars etc but can't find much on the BT website about how they differ, what the layout is, what the genre is on each stage and so on.  Can anyone help?  It's not essential or anything - I just like planning!

15 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Getting excited now!  Just started listening to the Showcase playlist and all of the bands on there sound excellent!  I have been trying to find out a bit more about the different stages, bars etc but can't find much on the BT website about how they differ, what the layout is, what the genre is on each stage and so on.  Can anyone help?  It's not essential or anything - I just like planning!

Layout is fairly compact if you're used to going to bigger festivals. Everything is just a few minutes walk away, you can nip back to your tent and be back in the arena in 10 to 20 minutes, depending on where you're pitched.

On the map below, Arena 1 is The Pallet, Arena 2 has Maui Waui, Magical Sounds, Something Else Tea Tent and (I think) the new Showcase stage. Arena 3 in Convoy Cabaret, between that and Arena 4 is The Ship and Arena 4 itself is the Woodlands. 

Basic%20Map-01.jpg

Most stages don't stick to set genres, certainly The Pallet and The Woodland have all sorts on. Convoy Cabaret tends to be younger, more edgy stuff. Maui Waui was originally Electro Swing stuff but they seem to have thankfully branched out and there's a lot of different stuff on there. Magical Sounds is the dance tent but even they have a few different types of act on. The Something Else Tea Tent is pretty small but has some really good stuff on, often bands that are playing the larger stages doing an extra spot. A blackboard is put out in the morning saying who's on, there can be the odd secret(ish) set, Ferocious Dog played as Gentle Kitten a few years back.

The two arena bars are similar to each other and sell a wide selection, all reasonably priced. The Woodland sells a few different types and is advertising a Beer Festival, if you've not looked, scan back a page on here and there are links to Tweets from BT showing what's on offer.

• Upvote 2

On 5/11/2018 at 11:34 AM, Gnomicide said:

Layout is fairly compact if you're used to going to bigger festivals. Everything is just a few minutes walk away, you can nip back to your tent and be back in the arena in 10 to 20 minutes, depending on where you're pitched.

On the map below, Arena 1 is The Pallet, Arena 2 has Maui Waui, Magical Sounds, Something Else Tea Tent and (I think) the new Showcase stage. Arena 3 in Convoy Cabaret, between that and Arena 4 is The Ship and Arena 4 itself is the Woodlands. 

Basic%20Map-01.jpg

Most stages don't stick to set genres, certainly The Pallet and The Woodland have all sorts on. Convoy Cabaret tends to be younger, more edgy stuff. Maui Waui was originally Electro Swing stuff but they seem to have thankfully branched out and there's a lot of different stuff on there. Magical Sounds is the dance tent but even they have a few different types of act on. The Something Else Tea Tent is pretty small but has some really good stuff on, often bands that are playing the larger stages doing an extra spot. A blackboard is put out in the morning saying who's on, there can be the odd secret(ish) set, Ferocious Dog played as Gentle Kitten a few years back.

The two arena bars are similar to each other and sell a wide selection, all reasonably priced. The Woodland sells a few different types and is advertising a Beer Festival, if you've not looked, scan back a page on here and there are links to Tweets from BT showing what's on offer.

Excellent! That's just the information I wanted.  Thanks.  And yes I have looked through the beer lists - another reason to think I'm going to like this festival!

first time at BT for me and really looking forward to it... The weather looks dry on the lead up to the festival which is always crucial..

There is plenty in the line-up to get into and (as above) the bars look amazing.. I read that there is a cheese and port stall...??!! thats a big chunk of my money spent already.

I am bringing the caravan, i am not sure that there is a bad spot to be but getting there mid afternoon on Thursday should see me ok..??

7 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

first time at BT for me and really looking forward to it... The weather looks dry on the lead up to the festival which is always crucial..

There is plenty in the line-up to get into and (as above) the bars look amazing.. I read that there is a cheese and port stall...??!! thats a big chunk of my money spent already.

I am bringing the caravan, i am not sure that there is a bad spot to be but getting there mid afternoon on Thursday should see me ok..??

Cheezy Vinyl - perfect late breakfast stop.

11 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

Image may contain: food

42 minutes ago, Flaminglippy said:

Hope this weather keeps up...be bloody annoying if I'm sat in the office while its like this and its pissing down next week, but initial forecast is looking OK.

Any recommendations for smaller bands on the bill worth catching?  

the weather will do whatever its going to do - early forecasts look ok but its still too far away to be accurate.

BT is all about the smaller bands, this year more than ever. Just my opinion but this years headliners with the exception of Therapy? are rubbish. But that's not the reason I love this festival, its everything else. I'm looking forward to, Idles, PINS, Sheafs, Pizzatramp, Life, The Blunders and plenty of surprises from the new Showcase stage.

5 hours ago, The_Amazing_Oblong said:

Didn't manage to catch them at Glastonbury but I am looking forward to seeing King Kong Company on the Thursday night - no clashes either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AAC9GbRzTQ

Back To The Planet will be great as well! Just before King Kong