Bearded Theory 2018

BlackHole2006

1 hour ago, Ravey Davey Gravy said:

Am I the only one who hates real ales? I don't drink cider either!

With 2 lagers on this list, one of them being Carling, so only one lager really, I'll be bringing my own as usual :D 

I went through the list to see what each was like and there are 3 lager type drinks on the selection (I don't include Carling as sh**e!

Apparently Woodland bar as different ones but don't know which as not been before

Lukas

4.2% Helles Lager

Traditional, elegant Bavarian style of beer originating in Munich. Lukas is straw blonde, full-bodied yet sparklingly light.

Tzara

4.8% Koln Style Beer

Hybrid beer, fermented like an ale but matured like a lager. A broad, almost fruity palate with some bready notes. A crisp, refreshing beer.

Duara Damm

5.4% Gluten Free

Like Estrella as same brewery but gluten free

7 hours ago, The Red Telephone said:

Looks like a good selection!

Do you know what are the bar queues like? And do they sell out of ales/ ciders quickly? Thinking of minimising my take-in...

Never really seen a queue but I only wander in a few times as I mostly take my own.

5 hours ago, shoptildrop said:

I went through the list to see what each was like and there are 3 lager type drinks on the selection (I don't include Carling as sh**e!

Apparently Woodland bar as different ones but don't know which as not been before

Lukas

4.2% Helles Lager

Traditional, elegant Bavarian style of beer originating in Munich. Lukas is straw blonde, full-bodied yet sparklingly light.

Tzara

4.8% Koln Style Beer

Hybrid beer, fermented like an ale but matured like a lager. A broad, almost fruity palate with some bready notes. A crisp, refreshing beer.

Duara Damm

5.4% Gluten Free

Like Estrella as same brewery but gluten free

Lukas is fan bloody tastic and was my drink of choice last year. Very curious to try Tzara and Duara Damm this year! 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Latest email update has raised excitement levels. Not long now.

I’ve joined the mailing list but for some reason haven’t had the email come through? Any chance of copying/pasting it on here? 

EDIT: Don’t worry. Found it on the website. I wonder what Alpaca & Magic Teapot are. All sounds really interesting 

Edited by BlackHole2006

Yeah buzzing now, 3 weeks Thursday! I was intrigued with Alpaca too - well interesting.

Had me tent out last week for an airing, the beer buying has begun and its May - not too long now.

There is one potential problem. I'd forgotten they'd switched Champions League finals to Saturdays.

Not counting my chickens and all that but BLOODY HELL!

All those times I've scorned at England fans for wanting to watch football at Glastonbury. I might be using a lot of data (if I can get a signal) before Robert Plant comes on. Or finding a camper van with a telly.

Not expecting to win like, but why that Saturday? Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

This is now guaranteed to result in Roma pulling off the come back tomorrow night.

31 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

There is one potential problem. I'd forgotten they'd switched Champions League finals to Saturdays.

Not counting my chickens and all that but BLOODY HELL!

All those times I've scorned at England fans for wanting to watch football at Glastonbury. I might be using a lot of data (if I can get a signal) before Robert Plant comes on. Or finding a camper van with a telly.

Not expecting to win like, but why that Saturday? Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

This is now guaranteed to result in Roma pulling off the come back tomorrow night.

Gnom - I was gonna message you tomorrow on that, decided to not think about it till after tomorrow, then hope it becomes a problem

edit - a wonderful problem

Edited by Perks

8 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Is there a BeardedTheoryWatch account we can ask if they're showing the footy? :D

I wouldn't want them to put it on anywhere though, I don't think the two things should mix but aaaaarrrggghhhh.

Ha ha - cause a right stir

nah i wouldn't want it shown, its hopefully a dilemma we'll have Thurs morning...

Thursday - when its only 3 weeks to go :-)

39 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

Were you planning on seeing anyone on the Saturday night?

Robert Plant but it might be over by then. 

I'll make a bit of an effort to see if I can watch it but really I'm resigned to missing the final, I'll just have to keep track on my phone. We'll probably lose anyway.

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Robert Plant but it might be over by then. 

I'll make a bit of an effort to see if I can watch it but really I'm resigned to missing the final, I'll just have to keep track on my phone. We'll probably lose anyway.

Im with you there!  Ill be parked up to watch on BT App!  Its going to clash with Sleaford Mods and Plant, but - im not missing it for anything!!  Apologies to the purists!

2 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Apart from all the folk selling their tickets on the FB Bearded Theory chat page...

Well yeah, but that doesn't count. I don't frequent FB, are there many selling? I suspect a few Liverpool fans may be.

In not entirely unrelated news, I see the festival Cast were due to headline on the night of the final was cancelled the day after Liverpool qualified. I'm sure it's not related but conspiracy theories abound.