Bearded Theory 2018

BlackHole2006

13 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

The lovely folks at BT have now published day splits and running order :danced:

So that new stage with Dan Donnelly opening it Friday morning is the equivalent of Glasto putting on a half-decent act to open its second stage? Marvellous! Will dig out my Country & Northern album.....

6 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

ah.! Thank You... I had assumed that it meant stage times...

I guess that is not available until you get the programme.? or a qualified Clashfinder?

Only confirmed in the programme. 

In other news...

TICKETS AM HERE!!!!

giphy.gif

I'm running the new stage at Bearded Theory, so I thought I'd pop in and just give you a bit of background info - 

It's in partnership with the Academy of Music and Sound (an independent music college and university), who have picked (out of 2000) unsigned acts that have applied to play at Bearded Theory this year. 

• These are Indigo Velvet, Will Whisson, Riskee & the Ridicule, F.O.X, The Winachi Tribe, Winnie & the Rockettes, Pattern Pusher, Paisley Sundae, Bleedin' Noses, Record Street, Shy Billy, Patersani, LONGY & the Gospel Trash, Baron Goodlove and the Dreadful Noise, Tensheds, Broken Bones Matilda, The Seagulls, Swanvesta Social Club.)

Dan Donnelly and Rev Hammer have been kind enough to appear on Sunday 15.00-15.30 as special guest and friends of the Academy of Music and Sound.

The stage crew will be supported by the students and some Academy of Music and Sound's unsigned acts will be playing as well.

This is the first year it's running and we'd love to see you there. I appreciate how busy your festival schedule will be (plus festival schedules never go to plan), but if you find yourself wondering by please pop in and say hello! We'd really appreciate the support!

Thanks for listening to me and look forward to seeing you at the festival! :D

There's a Facebook event with the stage info here: www.facebook.com/events/226935297885355/

And I've created a playlist with a few of the bands on here. Enjoy!

Edited by ElLouise
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Ravey Davey Gravy said:

We've already said that this stage will be our default for when theres 'nothing happening' or 'only reggae on' stage. Looking forward to hearing some new music

That is a help , normally when there is reggae on I leave my mates and head back to the tent to give it a tidy up , check the pegs possibly adjust the rope tension , read the safety instructions and then tidy the tent bag up !

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, Ravey Davey Gravy said:

We've already said that this stage will be our default for when theres 'nothing happening' or 'only reggae on' stage. Looking forward to hearing some new music

6 hours ago, ivan said:

That is a help , normally when there is reggae on I leave my mates and head back to the tent to give it a tidy up , check the pegs possibly adjust the rope tension , read the safety instructions and then tidy the tent bag up !

They got Reggae...???

:o

On 3/31/2018 at 8:46 AM, Nobody Interesting said:

The lovely folks at BT have now published day splits and running order :danced:

Found out a couple of days ago, and am crushed to report, that I can no longer go to Bearded this year. With the best will in the world, the thought of tinkering with the Clashfinder in these circumstances, is more than my spirits can cope with. So please feel free to take it over - it can be edited by anyone and is quite straightforward once you get the hang of it. Whatever your clashes, I know you'll all have a great time.

....I'm now off to stare into the middle distance, reflecting on a year with no Bearded, and no Glastonbury...excuse me while I just wipe this little bit of grit from my eye.

19 minutes ago, sparkythetortoise said:

Found out a couple of days ago, and am crushed to report, that I can no longer go to Bearded this year. With the best will in the world, the thought of tinkering with the Clashfinder in these circumstances, is more than my spirits can cope with. So please feel free to take it over - it can be edited by anyone and is quite straightforward once you get the hang of it. Whatever your clashes, I know you'll all have a great time.

....I'm now off to stare into the middle distance, reflecting on a year with no Bearded, and no Glastonbury...excuse me while I just wipe this little bit of grit from my eye.

Sorry to hear that - hopefully you will be rewarded with GF tickets come October.

• Like 1