Bearded Theory 2018

BlackHole2006

22 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

Am here Olly mate, currently into 7th week of travelling SE Asia for 12 months... so won't be at Bearded this year sadly

Blog here if interested, hope all is well with you! 

http://www.daisy-moo.com

As excuses go, it's not a bad one.

Bearded forum now saying undecided between younger and older act. No announcements due.

In other news, listening to the more recently announced acts, I'm loving Hot Tramp and their bluesy rock schtick. This is now leading to a four way Coral/Rews/Hot Tramp/The Blunders clash (if the Clashfinder is close).

7 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

As excuses go, it's not a bad one.

Bearded forum now saying undecided between younger and older act. No announcements due.

I

Mixed feelings on that. Bit excited about hearing who is on Friday night but also no announcement will help me wait til payday to get my tickets.  The last couple of friday headliners aren't really my thing so curious about who it will be. JAMC were great at End of the Road so will be a good build up to whoever

21 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

This is now leading to a four way Coral/Rews/Hot Tramp/The Blunders clash (if the Clashfinder is close).

I just pumped the data in so don't take it very seriously. At some point I might fish out last years program and try and straighten it out a bit, and the main stages are probably roughly right anyway, but Maui Waui and Conway Cabaret can be safely disregarded at the moment. 

19 minutes ago, sparkythetortoise said:

I just pumped the data in so don't take it very seriously. At some point I might fish out last years program and try and straighten it out a bit, and the main stages are probably roughly right anyway, but Maui Waui and Conway Cabaret can be safely disregarded at the moment. 

I know it's a difficult one to do without the times being published ahead of the festival but fun to have a nose through anyway. Keep up the good work!

Can you remember if Maui Waui ran as late as you have it last year?

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Can you remember if Maui Waui ran as late as you have it last year?

I think so - last year the last band came on at 1am for Friday and Saturday, which were Papa Shango and Headspace (missed them both) so presumably went on for an hour at least.

The difficulty (and let me just get my anorak on for this) is that their headliners for those nights were on at 10pm, with two acts following. even on the Sunday the headliner was the penultimate act. Its difficult from the listings to know which of the two acts listed below the headliner will actually be on afterwards, and in which order, if you see what I mean. Also, bear in mind not all acts have been announced, so Hot Tramps may shuffle down the pecking order in the end.

Convoy Cabaret is probably the least accurate, though they published a proper timetable before the festival, so that one can be improved.

...just think what could be achieved if all this effort was applied to something useful

38 minutes ago, sparkythetortoise said:

I think so - last year the last band came on at 1am for Friday and Saturday, which were Papa Shango and Headspace (missed them both) so presumably went on for an hour at least.

The difficulty (and let me just get my anorak on for this) is that their headliners for those nights were on at 10pm, with two acts following. even on the Sunday the headliner was the penultimate act. Its difficult from the listings to know which of the two acts listed below the headliner will actually be on afterwards, and in which order, if you see what I mean. Also, bear in mind not all acts have been announced, so Hot Tramps may shuffle down the pecking order in the end.

Convoy Cabaret is probably the least accurate, though they published a proper timetable before the festival, so that one can be improved.

...just think what could be achieved if all this effort was applied to something useful

tenor.gif?itemid=7675506

I forgot Maui Waui headliners were on earlier. Bit of a blow as it probably means Urban Voodoo Machine will clash with Robert Plant.

20 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I wonder if they will try Twin Atlantic for Friday as they are doing Slam Dunk Sat, Sun and Mon?

According to the latest post on the BT Website Forum, they are going for a younger band, so you may be in the right area!                         They do nothing for me personally, but with the lineup as strong as it is, who cares! :D

On 1/25/2018 at 11:42 AM, Gnomicide said:

This is now leading to a four way Coral/Rews/Hot Tramp/The Blunders clash (if the Clashfinder is close).

I've straightened out the times on the Clashfinder so they line up with last year -  no miracle cures, I'm afraid, but it may ease your scheduling dilemma a tad

https:///s/beardedtheory2018/?user=sparkythetortoise

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Quite intriguing, the whole "gone young, expect moans" thing. I've never heard Twin Atlantic, know the name but that's about it. Are they big enough to headline? 

Possibly aye...all depends on your point of view / taste etc. They've played high on the bill / headlined stages at Belladrum / Loopaloo, sell out the larger venues in Scotland and are getting a bigger profile across the UK, so maybe. Big with the young'uns....

Of course it could be someone else. We went to Electric Fields last year (cracking wee festi) and headlining after JAMC was a certain Mr. D. Rascal.... That made for an interesting mix (although the horrified looks on the youngsters faces, as they started making their way to the front while JAMC were on was bloody hilarious...:D ).

17 hours ago, Perks said:

Good shout that @ciderbus could very well be them. Not keen on them myself, but be good for BT.

Saw them in the little tent at wycheood a few years ago.... and left after two songs.

probsbly a good booking, but not for me in the slightest... good job there’s lots of other cool stuff on 

I think he’s big enough to headline, after that meteoric rise when he released the Strickland banks album, but still not that massive.

hes modern (for bt) and the organisers said they’d get that response.

after a break, he’s playing festivals again this summer.

could be....

Edited by man next door

On 07/02/2018 at 5:47 PM, ollyrag said:

Going "Young" - Will Perhaps ? Or Niel ?

I did think that Orbital would go well on the main stage.

(all the above will probably garner a groan or two)

Groan!...although thinking along similar lines I did wonder if "young" was a nod to Young Fathers.

No idea if they are considered headliner size.

As my Public Service Broadcasting guess looks gone I'll switch my bet to Franz Ferdinand. In the middle of a big tour, definitely headline material and playing in Belfast the day after.