Bearded Theory 2018

BlackHole2006

58 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I've been listening to a few of the acts I've never heard of before, can't wait to see Pizzatramp

Good grief - think I might nip over to the Magical Sounds Tent for this one.

Speaking of which, we are surely only just still in the "less than a week til the next announcement " zone, bearing in mind that this was said last Sunday. Something this evening, perhaps...

So a big chunk of Magical Sounds lineup is out. Most of it means nothing to me but hopefully those who like this stuff are happy....

Magical Sounds have delivered us the first wave of their fantastic line up with only a few additions to come including Friday nights headliner.

After the success of 2017 with Megadog Soundsystem, Friday will see a full on MEGADOG show return. Residents Michael Dog, Evolution and MC Teabag will manage the day and bring the unique and utterly special Megadog vibe in heaps for the full 15hrs! Joining them are legendary rap duo ALTERN-8, DJ MICHAEL DOG, Swede electronic DJ ROBERT LEINER, DJ EVOLUTION, acid house pioneer EGEBAMYASi, REV DR D WAYNE LOVE from Bearded favourites Alabama 3, gypsy breakbeat act DISSIDENT NOIZE FACTORY, HANS DELBRUCK and DJ GINGE. Opening night headliner to be announced very soon.

Saturday afternoon will again be given over to the Madhatters who will bring a fine blend of Reggae, Jungle and bass-laden beats and breaks. Then Saturday evening will become a colourful, psychedelic and very Magical event that has become a tradition. Topping the show is the legendary EAT STATIC (Live), psychedelic dance duo DIRTY SAFFI, Bearded resident ED TANGENT, DJ ANDY MASON, KEEPERS BREW and GREG ZOGG. Madhatters is waiting for 1 more name but they have delivered to us in velvet pink paper the fantastic jungle act MC DARRISON, jungle DJ CLUMSEY, BENNY PAGE and dub ska DJ STIG OF THE DUB.

Sunday brings a kaleidoscope of live acts who will be upping the tempo and making us dance till we drop. The final is closed by world renowned dance act KAYA PROJECT, Innovators of euphoric trance ASTRALASIA, DJ MERV PEPLER, electronic act NODENS ICTUS who are known as the offshoot of Ozric Tentacles, DJ FLO, A collaboration between The Magic Mushroom Band and Astralasia being the THE MUSHROOM PROJECT and will be a UK Festival first, REV PHIL DREAD and finally the legendary TARANTISM who are doing a dancy thing/set to get the day started.

8 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

So a big chunk of Magical Sounds lineup is out. Most of it means nothing to me but hopefully those who like this stuff are happy....

Magical Sounds have delivered us the first wave of their fantastic line up with only a few additions to come including Friday nights headliner.

After the success of 2017 with Megadog Soundsystem, Friday will see a full on MEGADOG show return. Residents Michael Dog, Evolution and MC Teabag will manage the day and bring the unique and utterly special Megadog vibe in heaps for the full 15hrs! Joining them are legendary rap duo ALTERN-8, DJ MICHAEL DOG, Swede electronic DJ ROBERT LEINER, DJ EVOLUTION, acid house pioneer EGEBAMYASi, REV DR D WAYNE LOVE from Bearded favourites Alabama 3, gypsy breakbeat act DISSIDENT NOIZE FACTORY, HANS DELBRUCK and DJ GINGE. Opening night headliner to be announced very soon.

Saturday afternoon will again be given over to the Madhatters who will bring a fine blend of Reggae, Jungle and bass-laden beats and breaks. Then Saturday evening will become a colourful, psychedelic and very Magical event that has become a tradition. Topping the show is the legendary EAT STATIC (Live), psychedelic dance duo DIRTY SAFFI, Bearded resident ED TANGENT, DJ ANDY MASON, KEEPERS BREW and GREG ZOGG. Madhatters is waiting for 1 more name but they have delivered to us in velvet pink paper the fantastic jungle act MC DARRISON, jungle DJ CLUMSEY, BENNY PAGE and dub ska DJ STIG OF THE DUB.

Sunday brings a kaleidoscope of live acts who will be upping the tempo and making us dance till we drop. The final is closed by world renowned dance act KAYA PROJECT, Innovators of euphoric trance ASTRALASIA, DJ MERV PEPLER, electronic act NODENS ICTUS who are known as the offshoot of Ozric Tentacles, DJ FLO, A collaboration between The Magic Mushroom Band and Astralasia being the THE MUSHROOM PROJECT and will be a UK Festival first, REV PHIL DREAD and finally the legendary TARANTISM who are doing a dancy thing/set to get the day started.

Hans Delbrook and Ege Bamyasi are worth checking out.

On 12/2/2017 at 10:38 PM, Gnomicide said:

If anyone cares to take a look, I've now added Magical Sounds, to this year's very approximate clashfinder. I know that Gnomicide in particular, will be keen to find out if Greg Zogg, Dissident Noize Factory, or DJ Ginge are clashing with anyone key. 

https:///s/beardedtheory2018

• Like 1

16 hours ago, sparkythetortoise said:

If anyone cares to take a look, I've now added Magical Sounds, to this year's very approximate clashfinder. I know that Gnomicide in particular, will be keen to find out if Greg Zogg, Dissident Noize Factory, or DJ Ginge are clashing with anyone key. 

https:///s/beardedtheory2018

:D

That Greg Zogg / Rews / FLC clash is a killer.

3 hours ago, ciderbus said:

Does anyone have a realistic sense of when this might sell out?

Need to get organised but in middle of moving house so brains not fully focussed on next year.

I say this with great caution, as I don't want to say something to lead you astray, but generally it doesn't sell out until quite close to the festival date. For what its worth  I've yet to get round to buying a ticket and fully intend to go. I'd have thought you'd be all right at least until all the headliners are out.

14 hours ago, sparkythetortoise said:

I say this with great caution, as I don't want to say something to lead you astray, but generally it doesn't sell out until quite close to the festival date. For what its worth  I've yet to get round to buying a ticket and fully intend to go. I'd have thought you'd be all right at least until all the headliners are out.

think this year will be sooner than previous.... judging by noises coming out of HQ (I'm not 'in the know' or anything - forum / fb etc)

My educated guess would be around March.

47 minutes ago, man next door said:

think this year will be sooner than previous.... judging by noises coming out of HQ (I'm not 'in the know' or anything - forum / fb etc)

My educated guess would be around March.

I must admit I wouldn't leave it later than that. I suppose there might also be some custom from folk waking up to the fact there's no Glastonbury this year. Not a substitute, of course, but I could imagine someone that has been wavering for a few years might reason that with nothing on in June this is the year to give BT a punt.

The final line up announcement being so close surely means safe until then though 

38 minutes ago, sparkythetortoise said:

The final line up announcement being so close surely means safe until then though 

I'm yet to buy too. Ive never bought mine until after Christmas, which is currently bleeding by dry.
The next announcement is due 'before 22nd' so lets see what happens after then.

I'd be quite comfortable waiting till mid February, but I'll be keeping a eye out for ticket sale warnings from BT High Command.

6 minutes ago, Ravey Davey Gravy said:

I'm yet to buy too. Ive never bought mine until after Christmas, which is currently bleeding by dry.
The next announcement is due 'before 22nd' so lets see what happens after then.

I'd be quite comfortable waiting till mid February, but I'll be keeping a eye out for ticket sale warnings from BT High Command.

yeah, the word after the early birds went on sale was that something ridiculous like half the tickets had been sold - totally unprecedented - so could really early this year. 

Festivals often say this stuff to hype the sales, but Bearded are always straight up with these things. 

20 hours ago, sparkythetortoise said:

I must admit I wouldn't leave it later than that. I suppose there might also be some custom from folk waking up to the fact there's no Glastonbury this year.

That's what got me there in 2012, I was looking for somewhere for my festival fix and the line-up, reputation, taking your own drink in etc. prompted me to head to BT. Only missed one since.

If people get stuck for tickets nearer the time give Tamworth Information Office a ring. Year before last I managed to get one from there the night before the festival started, was the last place to still have tickets. Over the counter job and about 30 minutes from site so fairly easy to pick up on the way.