Bearded Theory 2018

BlackHole2006

3 hours ago, sparkythetortoise said:

I feel a clashfinder coming on

https:///s/beardedtheory2018/

Rejoice at the current lack of clashes - it won't stay that way for long me thinks

I already have my first potential clash - Rumjacks vs Barstweards.

Hopefully the Barstewards will play the Tea Tent too to help solve that one.

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Rews v FLC amongst a few already. Let's hope the times move about a bit. How accurate did last year's prove to be, Sparky?

Fairly accurate - though there were some odd gaps in the actual line up that someone called Hayfield, who must have seen the real schedule, dutifully put in a couple of days beforehand. Unfortunately, they were so odd that I wiped them all out, assuming it was someone messing about.

If you are reading this, Hayfield, I'm very, very sorry.

And of course when the second tranche of acts come through some already there will be shoved up, or down.

So all in all, I wouldn't take it very seriously as yet, but it won't be a mile out.

On 8/29/2017 at 11:26 AM, The Red Telephone said:

Seriously considering BT as my festival fix for 2017. Has got great reviews and looks to be good value. If anyone who has been before could answer a few questions, I would be grateful!

Can you take your own booze in? (If so, is glass allowed)

Is it run by different people to YNot?

Are naughties tolerated? (Smoking the odd J, rather than freebasing coke?)

Is it an "arena" based fest - do you have to stay in the campsites until everything opens?

Cheers!

Hi, I'm really looking like this festival...just a couple of questions if someone can clarify..Is everyone allowed access on Thursday or does it require an additional ticket ? And am I right in thinking that booze (no glass) is allowed into the stage areas.

I spoke to someone at Beautiful days who gave me the heads up about JAMC so can vouch that the team are friendly and spot-on...cheers people

11 minutes ago, Neil1875 said:

Hi, I'm really looking like this festival...just a couple of questions if someone can clarify..Is everyone allowed access on Thursday or does it require an additional ticket ? And am I right in thinking that booze (no glass) is allowed into the stage areas.

I spoke to someone at Beautiful days who gave me the heads up about JAMC so can vouch that the team are friendly and spot-on...cheers people

You can take booze into the stage area, I've never had any problems with it. Some very good beer tent at reasonable prices, I tend to do a bit of both.

Always got to the festival on Friday but I'm pretty sure you don't need a ticket for Thursday. I'm going to try and make it for Rev this time on Thursday, they did a great set last year.

Anyone with a ticket can go on Thursday, just watch out for arrival times. You have to be there before a certain time on the Thursday as they close the gates at 8pm. So don't get there late. 

Found this from last year's email...

ARRIVAL TIMES Gates open at 10:00 on the Thursday and 09:00 Friday, Saturday & Sunday May for all ticket holders. Gates close strictly at 20:00 on Thursday for entry/re-entry, 21:00 Friday & Saturday and 19:00 on Sunday. Please do not arrive before these times as it causes us a right nightmare you naughty people!! We thought hippies got up late for everything?

23 hours ago, jamesrain said:

You can take booze into the stage area, I've never had any problems with it. Some very good beer tent at reasonable prices, I tend to do a bit of both.

UAlways got to the festival on Friday but I'm pretty sure you don't need a ticket for Thursday. I'm going to try and make it for Rev this time on Thursday, they did a great set last year.

23 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Anyone with a ticket can go on Thursday, just watch out for arrival times. You have to be there before a certain time on the Thursday as they close the gates at 8pm. So don't get there late. 

Found this from last year's email...

ARRIVAL TIMES Gates open at 10:00 on the Thursday and 09:00 Friday, Saturday & Sunday May for all ticket holders. Gates close strictly at 20:00 on Thursday for entry/re-entry, 21:00 Friday & Saturday and 19:00 on Sunday. Please do not arrive before these times as it causes us a right nightmare you naughty people!! We thought hippies got up late for everything?

Fantastic info. Top work

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, sparkythetortoise said:

Last year Magical Sounds announced on Dec 11, so we're not a mile away from that. From what I recall you don't spend a lot of time in that tent, but Magical Sounds is what makes BT for me, so looking good

I walk through occasionally to confirm me theory that all dance music is crap. Nothing yet has changed my mind :D

I know they put other stuff on and one day I may watch someone in there for more than a minute. 

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

I walk through occasionally to confirm me theory that all dance music is crap. Nothing yet has changed my mind :D

I know they put other stuff on and one day I may watch someone in there for more than a minute. 

If you don't connect with a certain kind of music then it does all tend to sound the same. I shunned all dance music for ages, resolute in my distain. Then, about ten years ago I was seduced by Steve Hillage, of Gong, turning up with the misses for System 7, jumped on board and slowly started to appreciate some  of it. During the day it does tend to be relentless thud, thud, thud, but poke your nose in after the main stages have shut, or maybe on Sunday afternoon when it all goes a bit folky, and you might surprise yourself.

That said, I still feel much the same way about Electro Gypsy Swing bollocks in the Maui Waui tent...I'm probably just as wrong about that!

2 hours ago, sparkythetortoise said:

That said, I still feel much the same way about Electro Gypsy Swing bollocks in the Maui Waui tent...I'm probably just as wrong about that!

Got to agree with you about Electro Swing, all sounds the same and the novelty wears thin after one song. Maui Waui seemed to branch out a bit last year, saw some good stuff in there, including Rodney Branigan who is about as far away from Electro Gypsy Swing as you can get.