Bearded Theory 2018

BlackHole2006

24 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

it's a (obviously poor) attempt at a joke.

I very much doubt BT would have The XX, but they might have one of the many bands going around that sell themselves as ex-someband or other.

ah right, I get ya... combination of being still partially asleep and getting too involved in the detail of actual band members of the likes of SLF... who may or may not be original, I have no idea. 

You do, though, need to be nicer about BT. It's organically grown, is punter orientated, has no corporate sponsorship, and gives all profits to charity.... what's not to like.

The reason it's successful is because it's good - and not just hoovering up the clueless teens or people who want to be seen at whatever festival... these guys provide a solid, good value festival to people who know their shit, and keep coming back for more.

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

more likely to be The X isn't it?

Ex-Hawkwind, ex-SLF, ex-Wishbone Ash, something named like that. :P

Let's hope so.

Obviously I can't speak for everyone who goes to BT but I doubt many of them would know an XX tune if it slapped them across the face.

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I know what BT is and there's nothing un-nice about the joke I made, so I've no idea why you've said that or the rest. :rolleyes:

Would you have made that  joke about Efests sponsored Wychwood, which as a festival of similar size / resource book similar sorts of acts?

My feeling is that you wouldn't.

Some great stuff in that release, some who've been there before & put on great shows (R&TM, Ruts DC, Doonicans) a few I've never seen and am very much looking forward to (Jimmy Cliff, J&MC, Coral). others I've seen elsewhere, many moons ago and look forward to reacquainting myself with (UK Subs, Milburn) and some I've heard good things about and look forward to experiencing (Rews, Jake & The Jellyfish).

Very good.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, tjamest said:

I forgot the stage times of various stages. If you see Ruts Dc subbing the Woodland does that mean that you miss the first half of Jimmy Cliff on the main stage?

Last year there was a half hour overlap between Kismet and Madness, but the year before, SLF, clashed completely with Asian Dub Foundation, as did JB Conspiracy and James  in 2015.

They seem to move around the Sunday times more - Magical Sounds in particular -  which I think is something to do with wrestling with the council and licensing restrictions. SLF were supposed to be on last as headliners, but they shifted Beans on Toast to the end as he would be quieter.

So it looks like you've got a tricky decision to make - for my own part, I can't miss Babylon is Burning, which is bound to be at the end, so the decision is probably made

It’s a good start.

as much as there’s less than usual is for me, when you see it in the form of running orders you can see you will be getting bloody lot for your money by the time their finished. 

I remember paying 25 quid to see the fun loving criminals years ago - not the best 25 quid I’ve ever spent but gives some perspective as to how good a 100 quid this one is...

2 hours ago, sparkythetortoise said:

So it looks like you've got a tricky decision to make - for my own part, I can't miss Babylon is Burning, which is bound to be at the end, so the decision is probably made

Looks like all of Ruts DC followed most/some of Jimmy Cliff then - happy with that

9 hours ago, tjamest said:

I suppose, but thinking about it, by that time on Sunday night will i really know where i am anyway

It’s  a good point... it’s fair to say the best planning in the world can easily go awry...

still haven’t managed to see trans global underground at bearded , despite meticulous long term planning :-)