Bearded Theory 2018

BlackHole2006

Got the email yesterday, all sounds great again. I usually hang on before buying my ticket but may aswell try for the early bird. Interesting bits...

Music on the Thursday will not start until 6pm on the Pallet and DJ`s on the Woodland start at 6pm.

...the family camping will have 3 additional fields but with all the campsites having a campsite management team in place to ensure people can camp with room and space. The campsite teams will have information points in the campsites helping people with any queries during the weekend. 

We have 2 new venues joining us and that has been on the back of feedback given on social media wanting areas away from sound systems, fiddles and people trying to sing. The Kettle at the End of the Universe is a large capacity seating area around a fire with tea and coffees sold on a magic hat basis or free if you can’t afford it. This area is a quiet space where we will have story reading, discussions and poetry. We also have a 600-seated capacity circus joining us and will be operational daily for 4 shows per day and its free (no clowns or animals). The shows will be more child friendly during the day and it they will get a bit more naughty as they head into the later hours. The Woodland will welcome Funhouse Comedy who are taking over the stage nightly from midnight until 2 or 3am once the main acts have finished providing us with some amazing comedians and comperes.

The Pallet Stage will be having a little makeover, the Woodland is still standing, Magical Sounds is back again, Convoy Cabaret is back, Rogues Hideout is being made bigger for the evening shows, Maui Waui is coming back, The Ship is back but with a different music selection and Something Else Tea Tent will be providing everyone with cake and rebels once again. The Earth Area, School and Children’s Village will remain as before also.

Tickets go on sale on SEPTEMBER 9TH at 9AM. Due to increased costs for additional trackway in pedestrian areas following a review of our site against issues experienced at other festivals this summer, more staffing, toilets and 2 new venues we had to tweak prices a little bit this year but we have offered 1000 extra early bird tickets to try and offer the best value we can while continuing to deliver the best festival we can. Campervan tickets have increased for the first time in 5 years by £2.50 to get more showers in these fields and additional trackway.

2018 TICKETS – ON-SALE SEPTEMBER 9TH AT 9AM. All tickets include Thursday entry. That works out to be just £25 per day for music and camping or £28.75 a day if you buy the standard ticket. All children activities will remain free of charge. Please note we expect the Early Bird tickets to sell out in record time such is the demand for the festivals tickets currently and the fact the capacity is not increasing in 2018.

Early Adult: £100 (2000 allocation) - Standard Adult:£115
Age 12 – 16: £55
Age 6-11: £28
Age 0-5: FREE

Cars: £12.50
Campervans & Caravans: £37.50

MONTHLY PAYMENT PLAN AVAILABLE ON ALL ADULT TICKETS

In addition to the website, tickets can also be purchased from See tickets via phone: 0871 220 0260

Seriously considering BT as my festival fix for 2017. Has got great reviews and looks to be good value. If anyone who has been before could answer a few questions, I would be grateful!

Can you take your own booze in? (If so, is glass allowed)

Is it run by different people to YNot?

Are naughties tolerated? (Smoking the odd J, rather than freebasing coke?)

Is it an "arena" based fest - do you have to stay in the campsites until everything opens?

Cheers!

1 hour ago, The Red Telephone said:

Seriously considering BT as my festival fix for 2017. Has got great reviews and looks to be good value. If anyone who has been before could answer a few questions, I would be grateful!

Is it an "arena" based fest - do you have to stay in the campsites until everything opens?

Cheers!

Yes you can but no glass.

Yes. Same people been running it since it started off as a party 10 years ago. Excellent bunch who learn from and fix any problems year on year.

I don't partake myself but from what I've seen, you won't have a problem.

It is arena but once open on Thursday, you can wander in and out as you please (waving your wristband in the air). Other than one place in the campsite, all the food is in the Arena so it stays open, they just block it off about halfway across. 

If the music is to your liking, I can't recommend it enough, I've been to 5 and had a superb time on each occasion. It looks even better this year as they're planning on comedy after midnight in The Woodlands (I don't like most of what Magical Sounds has to offer so nice to have another alternative to the excellent Tea Tent). The Woodland, by the way is probably my favourite venue anywhere.

AroundTheSite-BeardedTheory-PB07.JPG

Bearded-Theory-1-Woodlands-Stage-resized

18813520_10154678163248226_7992714563933

Bearded_Theory-2016-crowd-1b.png

• Upvote 2

Our group will be going again this year. 

I love the fact that the organisers genuinely listen to the punters feed back and try to fix any issues that the festival may have had the year before - however, in the time we have been going there has not been anything to complain about really.

On 06/09/2017 at 2:58 PM, Gnomicide said:

Headliner wise I'd like The Cult or Frank Turner.

The rest they can do what they like. There's normally at least 2 of the 3 headliners I'd like to see so other than bloidy UB40, they've not let me down yet.

I still maintain that somebody must have enjoyed UB40... not me obviously :mad:

Had to pick the youngest up from Manc Airport so wife tried for the earlybirds via her phone on the way. Got through at 09:04, early birds sold out at 09:03. Ah well, it's only a couple of quid and the main thing is we are going again. 

Been the last 2 years and would struggle to fill in an 'improvements' suggestion form. I really can't think of anything I would change.