Acts you don't "get"

DareToDibble

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 13/10/2017 at 1:45 PM, bamber said:

I don't get not getting the Streets at all. Again ten years have just gone since this.

Dont mug yourself? That doesnt mean anything to me at all. A mug is a cup.

Im being facetious, but its a phrase I had to be told what it meant or look up.  Its a phrase a million miles away from me. 

Never got the love in with them. Re listened... boring & in the words of Morrissey. "Says nothing to me about my life"

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

Absolutely love the Streets. That first album summed up my 20s so well. Genius album. And although the overall quality was patchy later, every album had one or two great songs. I got nothing but time and respect for Mike Skinner.

3 hours ago, jyoung said:

The National's lyrics are the most beautiful and wonderful  lyrics tho??????

matt-berninger.gif

I've read lyrics from this new album after listening to it and hits (including that song) and it's literally always about him (or subject in the song). Just go and check the lyrics, it's always I feel; I will; I won't; I let;..  or whatever. Not to mention that he wrote a song about fucking wife's sister. 

I didn't say that those lyrics are bad per se, I said that they read like the shittiest person wrote them

Edited by Nicklord