Acts you don't "get"

DareToDibble

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, chard_evans said:

After loving Neon Bible by Arcade Fire I just couldn't get into any of their other stuff, I just didn't see the appeal.

And Red Hot Chilli Peppers, which is weird because I like many bands with nonsensical lyrics, but for some reason I despise their lyrics/songs.

Maybe you'll like Arcade Fire more when you understand their approach to song writing a little better http://www.clickhole.com/video/mind-master-watch-arcade-fires-win-butler-describe-6585

6 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

Not sure if it's that I don't get them, but AC/DC are extremely overrated 

Oh ditto. I'm gonna add Fleetwood Mac to the mix as well. Why the love for that prick who scalps his fans for photo ops then looks like a miserable c**t in the pictures. They ain't all that. 

20 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

Out of interest, what makes them so special? To me they are very dull, very samey and repetitive. I get its good, reliable, badass rock n roll but after a few listens it really is nothing special, in my opinion

Good, reliable, badass rock n roll probably covers it but, at least up until Back In Black, they were the best at what they did. Love of music is difficult to quantify but it stirs my soul and there's not much more you can ask than that. 

I get how it can sound repetitive to some  and they don't often venture far from the path but as with most bands, delve a little deeper and there's at least some level of variety. You Shook Me is a straight up pop song, Night Prowler is a dirty blues number, there's others I could bore you with but yeah.... most everything else is heads down, 4/4 rock tastic boogle. Give me that over experimental navel gazing any day of the week.