Jump to content
Trolleyhead

Field space

Recommended Posts

Hi, really looking forward to my first End of the Road next week. Can any one advise what the space around tents in the fields is like ? I think me and family may be heading for the quiet camping field  - wondering about taking a gazebo to stick outside tents. Is that a stupid idea or do people manage to make a bit of space between tents ? Cheers !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should be fine.  I always camp in the quiet camping and have seen plenty of people with gazebos etc.

Wecome to EOTR.  It's one of the best festivals (if not the best festival) I know.  Really chilled, friendly and so well curated.  Amazing site too.  Have a good time!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are a couple of free shower blocks in the main camping area. Quite long queues in the morning. Best strategy seems to be to go either very early or wait until the daytime. Since that clashes with music and beer, I have never had a shower in 10 years of going to EOTR. A packet of wet wipes seems to work.

Edited by paulwa
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, paulwa said:

There are a couple of free shower blocks in the main camping area. Quite long queues in the morning. Best strategy seems to be to go either very early or wait until the daytime. Since that clashes with music and beer, I have never had a shower in 10 years of going to EOTR. A packet of wet wipes seems to work.

That would be fine if only you'd shower between festivals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Declan said:

That would be fine if only you'd shower between festivals.

I like to create some space around me at the front of the Garden Stage ;-)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/04/2018 at 11:14 AM, The Nal said:

Whats the showers situation, if any?

In the campervan field, pretty good. If you go outside of the peak morning hour, there’s not much in the way of queues. It’s the only festival I shower at on a daily basis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 12:55 PM, Mardy said:

In the campervan field, pretty good. If you go outside of the peak morning hour, there’s not much in the way of queues. It’s the only festival I shower at on a daily basis.

Hence the water shortages by day 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RedRockRick said:

Hence the water shortages by day 3.

Harsh, man. I mean, i realise i’m not the slenderest of chaps, my surface area and displacement may be a bit bigger than most, but laying water shortages for the festival at my feet, that’s bit much, i reckon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whats the story with Thursday folks? Looking to book flights now but should I for the red eye or will I miss much if I turn up at 6pm ish?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Nal said:

Whats the story with Thursday folks? Looking to book flights now but should I for the red eye or will I miss much if I turn up at 6pm ish?

Depends how much time you need to set up camp I guess. The arena doesn't open till about that time so you won't miss a great deal anyway. I can't remember what time first bands are on tbh, 7 or 8 ish.

We tend to arrive about 3 and that's perfect for us to find a nice spot, get pitched up and have a swift drink before heading in for some food. Couple of hours later wouldnt make much difference though I guess. Thursday is pretty chilled and of course plenty don't arrive till Friday morning.

Edit: and only the woods stage and tipi are open Thursday (and the main food/drink area). The garden stage and woods etc are closed til Friday so you don't need time for exploring etc

 

Edit2: just found last year's clashfinder....woods stage support kicked off at 7.45, first of the four tipi bands started at 6.15.

 

 

Edited by domjon
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×