Old Music Thread

eFestivals

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Arthur Brown - Voice of Love - Glastonbury Festival 2011.

This remains one of the better memories of the festival and life generally. Arthur can sing, very well indeed! He can sing. This song sums up the fundamental dichotomy between the imagined, the dreamt and the real, the voice or Love.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2021 at 5:15 AM, bamber said:

Arthur Brown - Voice of Love - Glastonbury Festival 2011.

This remains one of the better memories of the festival and life generally. Arthur can sing, very well indeed! He can sing. This song sums up the fundamental dichotomy between the imagined, the dreamt and the real, the voice or Love.

Come on? You all need to hear and see what is going on here??

Sublime, Pure, Unique?

Remiss of me, but I'm not the greatest Who fan so I'm not familiar with many of their albums, but I recently acquired The Who Sell Out reissue (mono & stereo versions). After a couple of listens I understand why it's so highly regarded. It's a brilliant bit of 1967 pop. What's more, unusual for these reissues, some of the extra tracks are class too. Better than Tommy in my opinion. Recommended.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/apr/26/the-who-sell-out-reissue

On 3/20/2021 at 10:39 AM, CaledonianGonzo said:

All time fave sixties bubblegum single.

Also from the sixties - 1967. wonder hoe the hippy era would have approached the Boris gunboats that we had here in Jersey this week!!

On 5/4/2021 at 10:14 AM, Avalon_Fields said:

Remiss of me, but I'm not the greatest Who fan so I'm not familiar with many of their albums, but I recently acquired The Who Sell Out reissue (mono & stereo versions). After a couple of listens I understand why it's so highly regarded. It's a brilliant bit of 1967 pop. What's more, unusual for these reissues, some of the extra tracks are class too. Better than Tommy in my opinion. Recommended.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/apr/26/the-who-sell-out-reissue

It's a wonderful and underrated album, and they out out some great non-LP singles around it too. In fact I'd say the Who didn't put a foot wrong from day one until the relatively lacklustre (and aptly-titled) 'By Numbers' in '75.

When I think of this tune I think of Kym Mazelle, but that is wrong. The Kym Mazelle version is epic, no doubt, but this is the original remix baby. So polished this, an exceptional example of recording.

Bamber X.

Jean Carn.

Edited by bamber

• 2 weeks later...