Old Music Thread

eFestivals

Had some 2cb on Saturday and my mate put on Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here (the album), which I'd never heard before, and fuck me that was pretty special. To the point where I might save my first listen of their other albums for future 2cb trips although this would mean it'd probably/hopefully take me years to go through them all. So maybe I'll only save certain ones if anyone thinks some of them suit that vibe more than others...

And yeah where the fuck have I been, but Another Brick In The Wall (Part 2) and Comfortably Numb have never really done anything for me when I've heard them, and I think I tried The Dark Side Of The Moon once years ago and wasn't really feeling it. 

It's weird with old music, unless it hits me instantly I'm not as keen to keep coming back to it. There's no prospect of hearing a lot of it live so I'm often more inclined to listen to current acts who are gonna be on festival lineups. But I'm clearly missing out on loads of great stuff as a result. Hmmmm.

if you consider 2003 old then I've been revisiting The Fall Of Troy 's eponymous debut a lot recently. Written when the band were 17, I was obsessed with it during my teens/early twenties. If you like you music fast and loud, they're the band for you

• 4 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Reminded of this yesterday. Sang it at Glastonbury, arm in arm with a stranger while Sladest blasted it out on Avalon Cafe. Happy days. Or dayz, seen as it's slade.

Used to luv Slade, especially live. I saw Sladest last year as well - arrived about 5 minutes before they were due on stage and couldn't understand why it was so busy until a certain Mr Eavis proceeded to murder a karaoke version of Always on your mind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Reminded of this yesterday. Sang it at Glastonbury, arm in arm with a stranger while Sladest blasted it out on Avalon Cafe. Happy days. Or dayz, seen as it's slade

That stranger could have been me :lol: A magic afternoon ‘IT’S CHRISTMAS!!’ Happy dayz indeed.

• Like 1