Travel for Day tickets

peruvianjoco

Does anyone know what the most painless and cheap way to get to and from the festival site for a day ticket holder living in york is? It's a bit annoying that the york shuttle bus only runs during thursday and Monday...

Currently the only idea I have is to get a train to Leeds and then get a shuttle bus from there but it seems a bit long winded...

We went Saturday day last year. There seems to be no easy way about it unless you go on Thursday . Perhaps look into if here is any public transport to Tadcaster and then maybe a taxi into the festival. And reverse.

otherwise what we did last year was terrible. Get to York train station then train to Leeds then you have to queue up (for about an hour) to get JUST a ticket for the Leeds fest bus (so now you're going back in the York direction anyway) and then  you have to wait in line for he bus itself. 

All told old the journey took us nearly 4 hours! Bramham park is 30 mins from York in a car.

maybe pushbike? It would honestly be quicker! Or pay someone for a lift if you're lucky.

11 hours ago, Jonnymcjonjon said:

We went Saturday day last year. There seems to be no easy way about it unless you go on Thursday . Perhaps look into if here is any public transport to Tadcaster and then maybe a taxi into the festival. And reverse.

otherwise what we did last year was terrible. Get to York train station then train to Leeds then you have to queue up (for about an hour) to get JUST a ticket for the Leeds fest bus (so now you're going back in the York direction anyway) and then  you have to wait in line for he bus itself. 

All told old the journey took us nearly 4 hours! Bramham park is 30 mins from York in a car.

maybe pushbike? It would honestly be quicker! Or pay someone for a lift if you're lucky.

I have my shuttle bus tickets already so shouldn't have to wait in that queue and i'm planning on going early and getting a bus at like 9am so shouldn't be too busy at that time I think - fingers crossed as I want to see king no one at 12...