Secret Sets

TheWaters

Who does everyone think for secret sets this year? I know Don Broco got announced under a different name, but there's one gap in the schedule that caught my eye. I noticed that there was a gap of an hour and a half on Friday night on the NME Stage between Tory Lanez and You Me At Six. Possibly a secret set and if so who could it be?

There are a few other gaps on the introducing stage, mid afternoon on each day but I assume this would just be a break? First time for me, very curious. Cheers :)

2 hours ago, Jayvk said:

Who does everyone think for secret sets this year? I know Don Broco got announced under a different name, but there's one gap in the schedule that caught my eye. I noticed that there was a gap of an hour and a half on Friday night on the NME Stage between Tory Lanez and You Me At Six. Possibly a secret set and if so who could it be?

There are a few other gaps on the introducing stage, mid afternoon on each day but I assume this would just be a break? First time for me, very curious. Cheers :)

Hi Jay welcome to Reading!

There is the lineup page on the main forum where people are discussing the potential secret sets, most likely in the NME gap is Queens Of the Stone Age but potentially could be Royal Blood but QOTSA most likely. 

Past couple of years the slot on the BBC intro stage is an acoustic set from someone already on the bill and it's televised by the BBC. My personal opinion is Circa Waves on Friday, Sundara on Saturday and The Sherlocks on Sunday but that's just because I like those bands and think they could do good acoustic sets and would go down well with the Radio 1 crowd. 

23 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

There is the lineup page on the main forum where people are discussing the potential secret sets, most likely in the NME gap is Queens Of the Stone Age but potentially could be Royal Blood but QOTSA most likely. 

Past couple of years the slot on the BBC intro stage is an acoustic set from someone already on the bill and it's televised by the BBC. My personal opinion is Circa Waves on Friday, Sundara on Saturday and The Sherlocks on Sunday but that's just because I like those bands and think they could do good acoustic sets and would go down well with the Radio 1 crowd. 

Ahhh right cheers will check out that tpage. Oooo right okay, sounds good thanks so much.

19 hours ago, BeddingatReading said:

Would they risk having a band as big as either of those, so close to their headliner?

2 hours ago, jacjens said:

I notice the 1h 20min gap both before and after Milky Chance at the NME stage on Sunday. QOTSA or Royal Blood would be sweet. 

I think and hope this is just a mistake. Ray BLK and Wiley are supposed to play those slots and are in the lineup, just not the schedule.

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/08/2017 at 1:54 PM, Jack_FM said:

Looking for a big list of secret sets down the year at Reading - anyone know of one (or be experienced/lucky enough to have living memory of them?!). Thanks! 

2012 - Green Day

2013 - Don't think there was one

2014 - Jamie T

2015 - Foals

2016 - YM@6

2017 - QOTSA, Wolf Alice, Don Broco

That was all the major ones that I can remember. I haven't included the smaller BBC Introducing stage ones (I know Blossoms, Fickle Frineds, Rise Against and The Hunna have done them over the years but there are way more than that)