Boardmasters 2018

jakecase

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2018 at 12:42 PM, Laurenkfj said:

Stage splits are out today on the website.

Does anyone know how the different stages work - are all the headliners on at the same time? Or do the smaller stages finish earlier with just the main stage headliner on?

I’m only going by last years timings, but the main stage headliner finishes at 23:00 then every other stage headliner was on after this and finishing at 00:45. Likely to be a similar thing this year I’d imagine 

16 hours ago, Billjames7 said:

I’m only going by last years timings, but the main stage headliner finishes at 23:00 then every other stage headliner was on after this and finishing at 00:45. Likely to be a similar thing this year I’d imagine 

Oh OK, intriguing - thank you :) 

• 1 month later...

I second the question above as it’s our first time going and can’t arrive until Wednesday evening. Also wondering how strict they are on the alcohol policy. I was reading through their info page and they seem to have quite strict rules regarding what you can bring in. 

On 7/30/2018 at 4:51 PM, 19liam75 said:

Last year i went thursday afternoon and really struggled to find a camping space to be honest. Not sure what it'll be like this year as i dont think it is sold out, but i would assume friday will be difficult 

Ahh man, I'm so used to rocking up to a festival at the earliest opportunity. Finding a spot on Friday afternoon is going to suck! I dont even mind being miles from the arena, just dont want to be that tent which is next to the toilets and half in the walkway :X

On 8/12/2018 at 4:46 PM, Jack_FM said:

Hey guys, hope it's okay to ask this here - I write a blog on festivals and wondered who your top 3 artists were at Boardmasters this year, and why. Let me know and don't be afraid to waffle on! 

I can't pick a top 3 but Grandmaster Flash was definitely my highlight. He did a history of hip hop going all the way back to it's roots, paying homage to all of the records and artists that have shaped the genre and that have influenced him and his music. It was an amazing track selection and had the whole crowd jumping from start to finish