Boardmasters 2018

jakecase

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

he made a comment that was along the lines of the promoters not matching the headliner to the audience, and was laughing about how the lips had been unsuitable for that gig.

Crowd for the lips weren't too big but weren't too bad of a show, a lot of youngsters just waiting for TDCC.

Then again youngsters spent most their time in the dance tents anyway, was always rammed in there!

Just now, jakecase said:

a lot of youngsters just waiting for TDCC.

perhaps that was the part he was referencing. he definitely seemed to think it wasn't a lips audience he'd played to.

Mind you, I'm wondering what he thought about Bristol. I'm not sure if it was sold out or not (if not, must have nearly been), but I also suspect the crowd might have been a more enthusiastic crowd on another occasion ... cos Bristol is a bit of a ghost town during Boomtown.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Second announcement has dropped with the other 2 headliners and a lot of other acts. Very disappointed with it after a promising first announcement! Catfish and the Bottlemen are very uninspiring headliners would have felt like they would be better subbing, and George Ezra is just very safe and not really my cup of tea. I feel this years isn’t looking as strong as last years, bit of a shame really as I really liked the festival last year and wanted to return but don’t think I will based on this

On 2/5/2018 at 4:19 PM, Ejestivals said:

Quite young. I would recommend paying a bit extra for VIP tickets. The kids don't really want to be paying extra, so they will be in the slum fields. Loads of space in VIP, and a nice bar.

Fab thanks - had been looking at VIP and wondering if it was worth it.

• 3 weeks later...

Not as good as last years line up imo. Sad as the festival will never really get any bigger than what it is now , i would assume that they arent allowed to extend the areas of the fest due to the environment. Always a good weekend away though, like a mini holiday when the weather is good. 

• 1 month later...