Sziget Festival 2018

#1SzigetFan

9 minutes ago, ConorC said:

Quick one.

General alcohol prices inside the festival? I've know Budapest in general is dirt cheap, same story for Sziget?

Yeah think it came to about £1.70 ish for a beer, it’s going to hurt paying uk Festival beer prices this year.

1 hour ago, thetime said:

Correct.

Might be a good time to get a cheap hotel and explore Budapest. I tried to move flight times last year and it was going to be nearly as much as the flight. 

Thanks, is there any good tips of what site is best to find cheap hotels. 

I went to sziget a couple of years ago, managed to see some of Budapest and that was the tipping point of going again this year. And of course the festival is great.

summer well festival will announce on monday as well but i doubt they have money for arctic monkeys (last year's headliners were interpol and editors). i hope they will get a few bands from the sziget announcement though ( cigarettes after sex and the kooks already on)

9 minutes ago, ourkid1984 said:

Thanks, is there any good tips of what site is best to find cheap hotels. 

I went to sziget a couple of years ago, managed to see some of Budapest and that was the tipping point of going again this year. And of course the festival is great.

I just go for the tried and tested site booking.com

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, ConorC said:

Quick one.

General alcohol prices inside the festival? I've know Budapest in general is dirt cheap, same story for Sziget?

A pint is about 2,5€ and a cocktail 4.

I reccomend you to try palinka, hungarian grappa (2,5/3€)

I wonder if Sziget is one of the festivals that might announce AM tomorrow. Other headliners that might be announced: Eminem (but I doubt that we'll get 2 rap / hip-hop headliners & maybe he won't even tour Europe this year, as there are no rumours about him at the moment), Ed Sheeran (he has an arena tour, but it could be him),  The Killers (if they're still around in August), Nine Inch Nails (don't know if they can do it, as they're in Japan on the 17th of August), Gorillaz or Imagine Dragons (both are at Frequency in August, don't know if Sziget will share a headliner with them).

I think that we can rule out Britney Spears & 30 Second to Mars.

Edited by #1SzigetFan

32 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

I wonder if Sziget is one of the festivals that might announce AM tomorrow. Other headliners that might be announced: Eminem (but I doubt that we'll get 2 rap / hip-hop headliners & maybe he won't even tour Europe this year, as there are no rumours about him at the moment), Ed Sheeran (he has an arena tour, but it could be him),  The Killers (if they're still around in August), Nine Inch Nails (don't know if they can do it, as they're in Japan on the 17th of August), Gorillaz or Imagine Dragons (both are at Frequency in August, don't know if Sziget will share a headliner with them).

I think that we can rule out Britney Spears & 30 Second to Mars.

AM seem to be doing early festivals, aren't rumoured for anything in August, so think they are very unlikely.

The Killers are around still, doing FiB 19th - 22nd July, Lolla Paris 21st - 22nd July and then IOW 21st - 24th July. Bit of a gap but I could see it being them.

Alternatively, Arcade Fire are in Denmark doing Haven the same week as Sziget.

17 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

AM seem to be doing early festivals, aren't rumoured for anything in August, so think they are very unlikely.

They are at Firefly in the US in June, that's what we know 100% for sure. What we also know from Arctic Monkeys US is that they won't do Outside Lands and Firefly won't be their first gig. If they will do both Primavera & Mad Cool (or Open'er), it means that they will return to Europe after their US shows, so they might be in Europe in August as well.

17 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Alternatively, Arcade Fire are in Denmark doing Haven the same week as Sziget.

Arcade Fire has an arena concert in Budapest in June... QOTSA, Alice in Chains. Lenny Kravitz, Roger Waters also have separate gigs.

Edited by #1SzigetFan

5 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

They are at Firefly in the US in June, that's what we know 100% for sure. What we also know from Arctic Monkeys US is that they won't do Outside Lands and Firefly won't be their first gig. If they will do both Primavera & Mad Cool (or Open'er), it means that they will return to Europe after their US shows, so they might be in Europe in August as well.

Arcade Fire has an arena concert in Budapest in June... QOTSA, Alice in Chains. Lenny Kravitz, Roger Waters also have separate gigs.

They're rumoured for NOS, Mad Cool and TRNSMT which are all early summer. I'd expect they're more likely to just do those and then a stadium tour in the autumn. really don't see why they'd still be about

A guy with inside news from Arctic Monkeys confirmed on reddit that they will be announced for Primavera, Open'er, Werchter, BKS, Mad Cool, NOS and Sziget.

Most likely they will do a Europe -> US -> Europe -> US -> Europe tour, as last time they also did something similar, as someone else mentioned ("Finsbury Park + venue EU scraps in late May/early June, US venues and festivals in mid-June, back to Europe for festivals in mid-July, and again back to the US for festivals from late July on, once again Europe via 2 spare gigs in Japan in mid-August, then another time straight back to the US in late August").

I'm hyped. Fingers crossed.

Edited by #1SzigetFan
  • Upvote 1