Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hmmm >< it's possible

They played third down in 2014 and their first album was way more successful than the last one. Maybe they'll come with a 3rd one as well?

Anyway, I enjoyed their show in 2014 but wouldn't want them as headliners for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Noeliam said:

Hmmm >< it's possible

They played third down in 2014 and their first album was way more successful than the last one. Maybe they'll come with a 3rd one as well?

Anyway, I enjoyed their show in 2014 but wouldn't want them as headliners for sure.

Unfortunately their status is higher nowadays, last two years they co-headlined major festivals.

Edited by alan_ts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Noeliam said:

Hmmm >< it's possible

They played third down in 2014 and their first album was way more successful than the last one. Maybe they'll come with a 3rd one as well?

Anyway, I enjoyed their show in 2014 but wouldn't want them as headliners for sure.

They have 3 albums total now lol. Wouldnt be suprised if they did headline

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to Sziget Netherlands, first names will be released somewhere in January, with the exact date to be announced soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe they are waiting till after the Paramore EU tour? Could see them doing the Sziget<Pukkelpop<R+L run in late August.

Would also give time for Eminem to get his tour plans straight if that rumour is true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those that have bought before, are we best to purchase through the official site shop or the UK ticket provider listed - Festicket? Thanks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, curlyjake said:

For those that have bought before, are we best to purchase through the official site shop or the UK ticket provider listed - Festicket? Thanks

 

This is my first Sziget and I bought through the official site shop, but it looks like Festicket charge in £s so it might be worth it if your bank tends to screw you on foreign transaction fees. Festicket is a bit more expensive than the official site but it could work out cheaper if you've got a crap bank!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope we get some names sooner rather than later to up the excitement. 

Has anybody got their tickets yet?  We've booked flights but last year we spoke to some people, who said (it was their 5th time) that they always wait until about a month or so before and get them for much cheaper off the secondary market - has anybody else done this before?  I know the tickets aren't identification sensitive until you "check-in" with your passport, so I don't see why not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, JoshWoogs said:

I hope we get some names sooner rather than later to up the excitement. 

Has anybody got their tickets yet?  We've booked flights but last year we spoke to some people, who said (it was their 5th time) that they always wait until about a month or so before and get them for much cheaper off the secondary market - has anybody else done this before?  I know the tickets aren't identification sensitive until you "check-in" with your passport, so I don't see why not.

I think Paramore is pretty likely at this point imo so I wouldnt be suprised if the announcement was the last week of Jan after the end of their European tour

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They wouldn't hold the announcement for Paramore. I think it's a bigger artist. Maybe Eminem. We should have something by next week hopefully!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Noeliam said:

They wouldn't hold the announcement for Paramore. I think it's a bigger artist. Maybe Eminem. We should have something by next week hopefully!

Exactly, who cares about Paramore?! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Noeliam said:

They wouldn't hold the announcement for Paramore. I think it's a bigger artist. Maybe Eminem. We should have something by next week hopefully!

They would absoloutely hold an announcement if a headliner doesnt want to be announced yet (usually agreed before they sign the contract). I doubt the plan ever was to announce Paramore in September. I also doubt we'll get Eminem announced yet as so far his only show is Coachella.

EDIT: For the record, i think the headliners will be Eminem, Paramore, Royal Blood, Ariana Grande, Imagine Dragons, Kygo and Gorillaz (maybe not gorillaz, maybe more of a rapper instead?)

Edited by Mattymooz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

They would absoloutely hold an announcement if a headliner doesnt want to be announced yet (usually agreed before they sign the contract). I doubt the plan ever was to announce Paramore in September. I also doubt we'll get Eminem announced yet as so far his only show is Coachella.

EDIT: For the record, i think the headliners will be Eminem, Paramore, Royal Blood, Ariana Grande, Imagine Dragons, Kygo and Gorillaz (maybe not gorillaz, maybe more of a rapper instead?)

All three major US festivals announced this week featured Eminem.

Anyway, you may be overestimating Paramore’s appeal in Hungary. If they’re a headliner anywhere in mainlands Europe, they’re a small one and not holding up massive operations. Also the nearest show they’re doing is Amsterdam so I don’t get why it’d affect this festival.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

All three major US festivals announced this week featured Eminem.

Anyway, you may be overestimating Paramore’s appeal in Hungary. If they’re a headliner anywhere in mainlands Europe, they’re a small one and not holding up massive operations. Also the nearest show they’re doing is Amsterdam so I don’t get why it’d affect this festival.

I dunno I feel like they wouldnt be that much smaller than people like Travis Scott who have headlined the festival in recent years (tho admittedly I have a very poor idea of what sells well). Especially as they aint doing a show anywhere near Hungary so any fans would have to go to the fest to see them.

 

And I think it just makes sense for them to hold off announcing all european festivals at once for them. As soon as they announce one its pretty likely they gonna be doing pukkelpop and R&L at the same time imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I dunno I feel like they wouldnt be that much smaller than people like Travis Scott who have headlined the festival in recent years (tho admittedly I have a very poor idea of what sells well). Especially as they aint doing a show anywhere near Hungary so any fans would have to go to the fest to see them.

 

And I think it just makes sense for them to hold off announcing all european festivals at once for them. As soon as they announce one its pretty likely they gonna be doing pukkelpop and R&L at the same time imo.

Had Paramore ever headlining at any festival? Why should they do it now that no one follows them anymore?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fabrizzo said:

Had Paramore ever headlining at any festival? Why should they do it now that no one follows them anymore?

They're probably at sub headliner level / 3rd spot down at most European festivals. Last album was pretty successful and well received.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mattymooz said:

I dunno I feel like they wouldnt be that much smaller than people like Travis Scott who have headlined the festival in recent years (tho admittedly I have a very poor idea of what sells well). Especially as they aint doing a show anywhere near Hungary so any fans would have to go to the fest to see them.

 

And I think it just makes sense for them to hold off announcing all european festivals at once for them. As soon as they announce one its pretty likely they gonna be doing pukkelpop and R&L at the same time imo.

Yeah, loads of bands announce their festivals over a period of time even if it means they look obvious for another one. It’s only really huge bands (Pearl Jam and Guns N’ Roses so far for this year afaik) that announce them all at the same time because fests bend to them, not wanting to lose out on people travelling to see them. Paramore are not that band, they’re not even likely to headline European festivals they may (but probably won’t) play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

paramore can easily combo with a big dj at sziget at this point, but i don't think they could be the reason for any delay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fabrizzo said:

Had Paramore ever headlining at any festival? Why should they do it now that no one follows them anymore?

co-headlined Reading with QOTSA in 2014

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, neacaisa said:

paramore can easily combo with a big dj at sziget at this point, but i don't think they could be the reason for any delay.

Agreed, I aint saying they delayed the announcement, I mean that they were always gonna be in a second announcement late Jan/early feb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×