Sziget Festival 2018

#1SzigetFan

6 hours ago, Noahh said:

You might want to look into booking a taxi. We booked one from the airport and the costs are quite low, especially when you're with a group. No hassle in finding the right route with public transport and having to switch busses, trains, trams etc. Because I believe there is no direct way of travelling to the island with public transport from the airport.

The service we used to pre-book a taxi was: https://rideways.com/

The prices of Rideways are including taxes, tips etc.

Also there'll be a "meet & greet" at the airport, meaning the driver will be waiting there for you with your name on a sign.

5 hours ago, NomadicMan said:

You can get the 100E bus into town to Astoria metro then metro (M2) across to the otherside of the river then a tram. It’ll take you under 2 hours. You can pay for tickets with cards there. Taxi would be easier but as above pre book it, if you jump into a cab outside there airport it can be pricey.

Lovely, thanks for the advice guys.

Quick thoughts about the selling: 

- The 3days option introduced last year (because they were about to break for the low sellings) has been a bomb, saved the sellings last year and showed to be super efficient. Could be that the management realizes that the price for a 7days are too expensive for the average goer (not from the northern europe)? Could be that they wil focus onto 3days sections of the week, creating a continuum between the span of days?

- The most selling day so far is Shawn Mendes-Kygo, which is shit. AM would have been the best one by far but the last album is a bummer for the average listener and The War on Drugs is a classy pick, so I dont expect it to sell out so easily. This, in my opinion, goes in two directions: the first, thematic days, as I expect that Bastille-Mumford and Sons (drawing the same audience) will sell more than LykkeLi-Kendrick Lamar, although Kendrick is a most relevant pick and Mumford being on tour everywhere last year; the second, last year, despite being the most critical condemned lineup has been the second most selling year ever. Probably Sziget wins at lineup management by calling to perform lazy acts as Shawn Mendes (but more than that, Bastille or Kygo), probably a party-festival the way Sziget is meant to be cannot co-exist without Instagram performers in those years.

Any opinion?

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

- The 3days option introduced last year (because they were about to break for the low sellings) has been a bomb, saved the sellings last year and showed to be super efficient. Could be that the management realizes that the price for a 7days are too expensive for the average goer (not from the northern europe)? Could be that they wil focus onto 3days sections of the week, creating a continuum between the span of days?

- The most selling day so far is Shawn Mendes-Kygo, which is shit. AM would have been the best one by far but the last album is a bummer for the average listener and The War on Drugs is a classy pick, so I dont expect it to sell out so easily. This, in my opinion, goes in two directions: the first, thematic days, as I expect that Bastille-Mumford and Sons (drawing the same audience) will sell more than LykkeLi-Kendrick Lamar, although Kendrick is a most relevant pick and Mumford being on tour everywhere last year; the second, last year, despite being the most critical condemned lineup has been the second most selling year ever. Probably Sziget wins at lineup management by calling to perform lazy acts as Shawn Mendes (but more than that, Bastille or Kygo), probably a party-festival the way Sziget is meant to be cannot co-exist without Instagram performers in those years.

Any opinion?

@Yelo, the ParmiggianaI totally agree with you, only to have pointed out that an artist like Yellow Days (a talented modern bluesman) in my opinion was better than Tom Grennan (a shitty pop artist) I took some  downvotes ... so music quality really matters little to the modern user, it counts instagram, the views etc ... I'm not amazed that the day with more sales is that of Mendes / Kygo ...

• Downvote 1

12 hours ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

Any opinion?

I think it's less to do with expense of the 7 day ticket. Maybe more to do with most people generally only like doing festivals for 3-4 days max. I think the expense only comes into it because people have to pay for food and drink and that can add up over 7 days. 

Regarding the days that have sold well is there any announcements that what you're saying is correct? I don't doubt it but I haven't seen anything to back up what you're saying. 

I don't have any problem with days when Sean mendes is playing being the days best days for ticket sales. If people like it fair enough. Im personally not a fan.

I see Sziget as a festival that tries to cater for everyone. I think they do a good job with that but this is why every year people moan about how bad it is. Truth is, some years will be better for me than other years but at least they have real variety.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Fabrizzo said:

@Yelo, the ParmiggianaI totally agree with you, only to have pointed out that an artist like Yellow Days (a talented modern bluesman) in my opinion was better than Tom Grennan (a shitty pop artist) I took some  downvotes ... so music quality really matters little to the modern user, it counts instagram, the views etc ... I'm not amazed that the day with more sales is that of Mendes / Kygo ...

I think you took some downvotes because it didn't come across well. I think Tom Grennan is a good replacement this soon before the festival. He may not be to your taste and that's fair enough to point out but to diss the booking in the way you did was unfair. Music quality is largely down to opinion its just that when it comes to Tom Grennan his quality is in his voice. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, ourkid1984 said:

I think you took some downvotes because it didn't come across well. I think Tom Grennan is a good replacement this soon before the festival. He may not be to your taste and that's fair enough to point out but to diss the booking in the way you did was unfair. Music quality is largely down to opinion its just that when it comes to Tom Grennan his quality is in his voice. 

I on the other hand really like Tom and find that replacement great. Plus lets be honest, past years replacements have always been random Hungarian bands, but this time they have managed to book same size international acts. Yellow Days to Tom Grennan, Sam Feldt to Blasterjaxx. I have to give them props for that, especially since cancellations were not festivals' fault. 

• Downvote 2

On 8/1/2018 at 8:47 AM, siiiim said:

I on the other hand really like Tom and find that replacement great. Plus lets be honest, past years replacements have always been random Hungarian bands, but this time they have managed to book same size international acts. Yellow Days to Tom Grennan, Sam Feldt to Blasterjaxx. I have to give them props for that, especially since cancellations were not festivals' fault. 

Yeah I like Tom Grennan. I saw him at Y Not festival 2 years ago I think and was impressed. He's got better since but even if I didn't like his music I would still think it's a decent replacement.

32 minutes ago, On The Blend said:

Quick question about wristbands, can they only be topped up through the app or is there some kind of physical station I can use. I'm going with a friend and neither is us are willing to risk taking our phone with us. 

There will be pay booths as well as apps. 

Thanks for the help time. May I ask what most people are doing with their passports? In my infinite organisational skill I forgot to buy a locker and now they're all sold out. I stayed in an air bnb last time and am feeling pretty uncomfortable about leaving it in my tent all day while I go and party. 

1 minute ago, On The Blend said:

Thanks for the help time. May I ask what most people are doing with their passports? In my infinite organisational skill I forgot to buy a locker and now they're all sold out. I stayed in an air bnb last time and am feeling pretty uncomfortable about leaving it in my tent all day while I go and party. 

What camp you staying in? I ask this as I stopped in VIP last year and they kept hold of my passport.

there is also other alternative solutions, for example left luggage which available on site.

13 minutes ago, On The Blend said:

Just general admission camping. I didn't realise there was also a left luggage service, do you have any idea of the price? I saw someone on reddit say that it was 600huf a day in 2016. It they seemed to imply that was a town centre service. 

600huf is quite reasonable, works out about £1.60 and the left luggage if I remember isn’t a million miles away from main stage.

On 8/4/2018 at 3:17 PM, miss_sunshine555 said:

It's our first time at Sziget and Budapest so hoping to visit the Szechenyi Baths.  Has anyone who has been before during the festival week help...... is there a fast pass we can pre book so we don't spend half the day queuing to get in? And info and tips will Ben appreciated! ?

My girlfriend and I are also planning to visit the baths whilst in town for the festival, I haven't been to the festival before but I have visited Budapest and I went to the Szechenyi Baths. You can pre-book a fast past ticket to avoid queuing on their website, I think it's about £18. Although a week out from the festival I imagine all the private changing cabins are booked up,t ehre will still be the general changing rooms available.

2 hours ago, Odeliya said:

I just looked at the line up schedule and its written that all the headliners are performing really early like 2pm how is that possible it supposed to be at night

It doesn't say that on my schedule. Acts don't usually start Until about 4pm on the main stage with headliners on a out 9.30pm. in fact most states don't start until the afternoon.

hi guys! i won 1-day ticket for this festival, but im not going this time (coz alrdy've visited madcool this year, was on the island year ago).

So, id like to sell somebody this "anyday ticket" for just 55€  (original price is 90€ ). So if someone interested, just message me. We can do it through paypal/facebook (everything is clear and verified).

And btw, have a nice festival, folks ^^

On 6 August 2018 at 12:52 PM, The Clearest Blue said:

My girlfriend and I are also planning to visit the baths whilst in town for the festival, I haven't been to the festival before but I have visited Budapest and I went to the Szechenyi Baths. You can pre-book a fast past ticket to avoid queuing on their website, I think it's about £18. Although a week out from the festival I imagine all the private changing cabins are booked up,t ehre will still be the general changing rooms available.

On 4 August 2018 at 3:17 PM, miss_sunshine555 said:

It's our first time at Sziget and Budapest so hoping to visit the Szechenyi Baths.  Has anyone who has been before during the festival week help...... is there a fast pass we can pre book so we don't spend half the day queuing to get in? And info and tips will Ben appreciated! ?

https://youtube/Ot41KEACWY4

Hi!

Szechenyi is great for architecture and worth seeing, but if you actually want to have a lovely swimming and sunbathing day out, then I recommend Margrit Sziget - Palatinus Spa - cheaper and less queueing too! 

I am hoping I have managed to post a link to a video which shows it - but don't tell anyone else....shhhhhh!