Sziget Festival 2018

#1SzigetFan

3 hours ago, ourkid1984 said:

I don't think it is. Yeah you have a little more room, slightly better toilets and a swimming pool but unless it's moved from 3 years ago it's close to the beach DJ area so you have non stop loud music until the early hours of the morning, there's hardly any shade, the toilets aren't amazing and the swimming pool was always packed.

Probably better off paying a little extra for somewhere like alternativa camping or something similar.

Not so close to the beach, what it is very close to is the Telekom arena. 

• 4 weeks later...

Looking on the website and there is a different payment method this year. Rather than cards it’s all done with wristbands, I think they did wristbands with a chip inside last year but mostly festi-pay cards.

i would say wristbands are potentially better, as less likely to lose them like cards if you’ve had a few to many.  

Anyway only a month away, already decided on 2019 as mates stag do will be at sziget 2019. ❤️❤️

Hi first time going to sziget and hopefully someone can help me with some questions.

when we arrive at the airport we have a city pass but do we need to exchange this somewhere before using it.

we have a moving in  day pass as we arrive on the Monday what do we do with this

finally what’s the best way to use money as I’ve seen a thing on the website for wrist band and how expensive is it at the festival

thanls

7 minutes ago, meirionw said:

Hi first time going to sziget and hopefully someone can help me with some questions.

when we arrive at the airport we have a city pass but do we need to exchange this somewhere before using it.

we have a moving in  day pass as we arrive on the Monday what do we do with this

finally what’s the best way to use money as I’ve seen a thing on the website for wrist band and how expensive is it at the festival

thanls

There is a booth to exchange your city pass at the airport.

you exchange your ticket/moving in pass at the control point for your wristband. Before hand you will have to go through passport control first, as when they scan your ticket for security reasons your face will come up on the screen from your passport. 

Its is a lot cheaper than UK festivals, beer is very    cheap compared to UK fests. 

The wrist band will be free or only a few pounds and as you can only use this or a contactless card. They were easy to use last year and you can also sync them up with your phone in case you lose your band.  I would stick to the wrist band and I would recommend just topping the band with £30/40 up every couple of days.  You can also top up via your phone if you register your band before or once you are there.   The festival is very cheap but it may also depend on what you drink, beer/Cider is £1.90 and it’s a decent pint. Spirts can be more expensive but still very cheap compared to the UK. There is a price list that is issued a few weeks before and you can check the one from last year to give you a guide.

It looks like you can use a contactless card, I have a Halifax Clarity card so there are no charges for exchange rates or using the card.

You will find the exchange point for your city pass easy. The Airport is not that big and there were people there showing you were to go. You also get a pass for the baths that I would recommend you using. I stayed in the city so I cannot say what it was like going straight to the festival?

Are you camping?

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 10:22 PM, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

Jamie Jones, fuck yeah!

Not many people seem to know what Elrow or who Jamie Jones is, so I'm hoping it isn't too difficult to get into!

On 7/11/2018 at 12:53 PM, Davidoff said:

It looks like you can use a contactless card, I have a Halifax Clarity card so there are no charges for exchange rates or using the card.

How I understand it is you are only allowed to use a Mastercard for contactless, rather than visa. 

Edited by thetime

Hello!

How is the regular free camping organised? Is it safe to leave your things in there (food or clothes, nothing valuable, but still)? Can anybody confirm than you can't stay there if you only have one-day ticket?

I'm considering going for the last day of the festival, maybe the day before as well, but not sure as I've already been to Rock Werchter this summer and my funds are running low. :D

Thanks a lot!

Hi Guys,

Hope you are all having a good week.  I'm looking to go Sziget Festival 2018 on my own from the 11th -15th August and I was wondering if

there were any other solo (or group travellers)  looking to meet up?  

Send me a message if anyone is up for having a few beers and seeing the bands :-)

Amsy 

My mate is having to sell his 7-day ticket due to not being able to get his visa in time (He's Argentinian).

Going for a fair bit below FV: https://www.ticketswap.uk/listing/sziget-festival-2018/2422590/4c6fbded39?utm_campaign=publishedListingShare&utm_source=ticketswap&utm_medium=manualshare

Also he's got flights from Manchester from Tuesday 7th - Thurs 16th which he doesn't want any money for, if you can pay the £115 name change they're yours (These flights are currently £300+ on skyscanner).

He can sell them either together or separate, PM me if interested.

1 minute ago, Noahh said:

According to the passport, there's also no colour party

That's a good thing actually... I think the colour party played a big role into the "Szikness", the Sziget flu. I'm curious about the sing-along party. :D

1 minute ago, #1SzigetFan said:

That's a good thing actually... I think the colour party played a big role into the "Szikness", the Sziget flu. I'm curious about the sing-along party. :D

Yeah I heard a lot of people getting sick because of it. That must've been the main reason they scrapped it this year.

It looked cool though.

I've got the moving in 3 day pass and I'm flying out there on Sunday 5th, but it looks like the airport shuttle doesn't run until Monday 6th. Is it simple enough to get a regular bus from the airport to somewhere in the city, then on to the festival? Also, would the airport bus be cash only? I wasn't going to get any forints for the festival as contactless payments are accepted. Thanks.

15 hours ago, Simsy said:

I've got the moving in 3 day pass and I'm flying out there on Sunday 5th, but it looks like the airport shuttle doesn't run until Monday 6th. Is it simple enough to get a regular bus from the airport to somewhere in the city, then on to the festival? Also, would the airport bus be cash only? I wasn't going to get any forints for the festival as contactless payments are accepted. Thanks.

You might want to look into booking a taxi. We booked one from the airport and the costs are quite low, especially when you're with a group. No hassle in finding the right route with public transport and having to switch busses, trains, trams etc. Because I believe there is no direct way of travelling to the island with public transport from the airport.

The service we used to pre-book a taxi was: https://rideways.com/

The prices of Rideways are including taxes, tips etc.

Also there'll be a "meet & greet" at the airport, meaning the driver will be waiting there for you with your name on a sign.

16 hours ago, Simsy said:

You can get the 100E bus into town to Astoria metro then metro (M2) across to the otherside of the river then a tram. It’ll take you under 2 hours. You can pay for tickets with cards there. Taxi would be easier but as above pre book it, if you jump into a cab outside there airport it can be pricey.

• Downvote 1

Ok so I just asked the Dutch Sziget Facebook page about the price list of the drinks and they assured me that there won't be a big price increase this year and that prices will be similar to last year's prices. :-)

3 minutes ago, Noahh said:

Ok so I just asked the Dutch Sziget Facebook page about the price list of the drinks and they assured me that there won't be a big price increase this year and that prices will be similar to last year's prices. :-)

It’ll be fine the forints 10% weaker against the pound than it was this time last year so a 10% price increase will be the same on your pocket...

• Downvote 1