Sziget Festival 2018

#1SzigetFan

4 hours ago, NomadicMan said:

Not getting them. It’s a shoddy final announcement...

703DB9E2-EF01-4A75-8079-AD201807B0EC.png

If you like electronic then thats a great announcement... What So Not, Bonobo and Michael Calfan are all great. (flux is pretty weak live unfortunately)

Edited by Mattymooz

2 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

If you like electronic then thats a great announcement... What So Not, Bonobo and Michael Calfan are all great. (flux is pretty weak live unfortunately)

Maybe so but electronics pretty welll catered for already. I was hoping for a couple more bands. Bonobo in broad daylight as warm up for Gorillaz, 3 bands no one outside of Hungary can be that excited about and Oscar complete the main stage line up. Adam Bloom was my favourite name on that list today...

6 hours ago, NomadicMan said:

Maybe so but electronics pretty welll catered for already. I was hoping for a couple more bands. Bonobo in broad daylight as warm up for Gorillaz, 3 bands no one outside of Hungary can be that excited about and Oscar complete the main stage line up. Adam Bloom was my favourite name on that list today...

You're somewhat raining on my parade by pointing out that Bonobo in daylight will be lacking and that I don't care for Oscar and the Wolf. This may not be the most fire lineup to hit the world this year but it's got a lot of quality to it and there's 100 things to do at Sziget if you don't fancy whoever is playing. And it's still orders of magnitude better than 2017.

I'll give my 2 cents with the last names and schedule.

Day 1: Stormzy, Lykke Li, Kendrick Lamar, Willie Peyote, Tiga, The Martinez Brothers.
Day 2: Whomadewho/Oscar & The Wolf*,  Bonobo*/Cigarettes After Sex, Gorillaz, Rodriguez Jr, Andhim.
Day 3: Shame*/The Kooks, Parov Stelar, Lana Del Rey, Asaf Avidan, Joe Goddard*/Mind Against.
Day 4: Everything Everything, Labrassbanda*/Mumford & Sons, Aurora/Popof*, Zhu.
Day 5: Rhye, Liam Gallagher/Wolf Alice*, King Gizzard/Transglobal Underground*, Petit Biscuit, Hernan Cattaneo.
Day 6: Milky Chance, Yellow Days, Griot Blues, Nick Murphy, Damian Lazarus.
Day 7: Gogol Bordello, The War on Drugs, Arctic Monkeys, Fever Ray, Elrow Party, Tree Party.

Must see
Might see
/ clash
* priority

Very happy about it as I'll have some afternoons and some nights free to wander around and do other stuff. I'll probably sleep at the Chill Garden on Day 4. Some must-see and some that might surprise me. Also, won't try too much to get into the Elrow party, I'd prefer to try the Tree one for the first time.

Edited by Noeliam
a detail

6 hours ago, On The Blend said:

You're somewhat raining on my parade by pointing out that Bonobo in daylight will be lacking and that I don't care for Oscar and the Wolf. This may not be the most fire lineup to hit the world this year but it's got a lot of quality to it and there's 100 things to do at Sziget if you don't fancy whoever is playing. And it's still orders of magnitude better than 2017.

Apologies...didn’t wanna rain on anyone’s parade :P

Anyway I like the line up this year. Days 3, 5 n 7 particularly look good. I was just a bit underwhelmed by the last names announced that’s all.

Don't worry, the parade is very much still on. Days 2, 5 and 7 are what are tickling my fancy right now though I agree that this final announcement was a little lacklustre, even if I rate Bonobo. 

It should be a good year, if you see some idiots waving a Staffordshire knot flag that'll be me so come over and say hello. 

I've been geeking out over it this weekend and on reflection really happy with the line up. Biggest find of the weekend was Thunderpussy. Terrible name but good to discover a proper rock band.

Anyway my 2 cents:

Day 1: Stormzy, Kendrick Lamar, 
Day 2: Beans on Toast, 45 minutes of Gorillaz (saw the tour in Berlin so its enough)45 minutes of Seasick Steve
Day 3: Shame, The Kooks, Parov Stelar, Thunderpussy, Fame Fatale
Day 4:  The living EndEverything Everything, Jewish Monkeys or Tommy Cash, 20 minutes of Mumford & Sons, Sofi Tukker.
Day 5:  Half hour Kaleo, SlavesWolf Alice, King Gizzard 
Day 6: Bit of Milky Chance, My Baby, Comedy (Martin Bloom), Griot Blues, La Femme
Day 7: Gogol Bordello,  Nothing But Thieves, The War on Drugs, Arctic Monkeys, Fever Ray

On 12/2/2017 at 1:14 PM, Davidoff said:

I was there last year and loved it, I like the suggestions so far but I feel it maybe a bit more dance/pop acts. I would live to see Arcade Fire/QOTSA/Gorillaz/Noel or Liam. I can also see a Scottish act like Franz or Snow Patrol as they are in Europe in the summer. Maybe further down a few acts like D Bryne/Thiefs/Wolf Alice/Stormzy or Tiny  and a few dance acts like Avici/Diplo headlining a few nights.  Florance for the opening night as there are not that many big female acts in Europe at that time. Thats if they do the same as before and having a big Female act on the first night

Not sure why they waited to announce the last couple off acts a bit disappointing for me. I was expecting one decent name, Richard Ashcroft, De La Soul and loads more are touring at this time.

Over all I am happy with the line-up and not far off what I predicated near the start. A bit gutted that Wolf Alice and Liam clash as well as most on the last day.

Day 1: Clean Bandit; Stormzy, Lykke Li, Kendrick Lamar
Day 2: , Gorillaz,
Day 3:  The Kooks, Parov Stelar, Lana Del Rey, 
Day 4:  Bastille, Mumford & Sons.
Day 5: Slaves;, Liam Gallagher/Wolf Alice*, Dua Lipa
Day 6: Mo, Shawn/Goo Goo and Little Dragon
Day 7: Lewis,Blossom/Nothing but Thieves The War on Drugs/Borns,Zara and Arctic Monkeys,

Question - We're meant to be arriving in Budapest at about 11.30pm on the Friday night. How easy are we going to find it getting onto the island and into the festival at that time of night?

Hoping to catch Joe Goddard who's on at 1.30am. Are there still ways into the island at that time?

2 hours ago, ConorC said:

Question - We're meant to be arriving in Budapest at about 11.30pm on the Friday night. How easy are we going to find it getting onto the island and into the festival at that time of night?

Hoping to catch Joe Goddard who's on at 1.30am. Are there still ways into the island at that time?

Yeah I believe their public transport flyer has 2 sides: one for the day and one for the night. You should be okay as there won't be queue outside neither.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I defined my to-go list of this year!

Day 1: Sol Monk & Jenny, StormzyLykke Li, Kendrick Lamar, Willy Peyote, Tiga, The Martinez Brothers
Day 2: Apey & The Pea, WhoMadeWho, Oscar & The Wolf, Bonobo, Gorillaz, Rodriguez Jr, Andhim, Yellow Claw 
Day 3:  Shame, The Kooks, Scarlrxd, Sion Hill, Lana del Rey, Eagles and Butterflies, Joe Goddard, Peturbator
Day 4:  The Living End, Everything Everything, Fink, Mumford and Sons, Astronautalis, 
Grum, Above & Beyond, Enrico Sangiuliano, Gabriel & Dresden/Samà
Day 5: Halott Penz, Slaves, Liam Gallagher (Wolf Alice 
:(), King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard, Senbei/Daniel Sanchez, Eelke Klejin, Jan Blomqvist & Band
Day 6: Milky Chance, My Baby, Nortech Collective, Ash Radford, La Femme, Little Dragon, Nick Murphy, Dave Clarke
Day 7: Gogol Bordello, Nothing but Thieves, The War on Drugs, Arctic Monkeys, Fever Ray, Gorgon City, Elrow Party (til dawn)

Gonna be a packed week, as usual!

• Upvote 1

@Yelo, I think your gonna be the busiest man at Sziget this year!

I always am, and always end up in underwear screaming Yellow Submarine in front of the colosseum drunk af. Oh well, what is a man if he loses also his intentions?

@Yelo, I think your gonna be the busiest man at Sziget this year!

MAYBEEEEEE I DONT REALLY WANNA KNOWWWWWW HOW YOUR GARDEN GROWWWWWWS 

Edit: The second quote was for Noeliam, but it's 1.30, I'm a tard, I drunk too much

Love y'all

Edited by Yelo, the Parmiggiana
  • Upvote 1

On 6/4/2018 at 4:55 PM, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

I defined my to-go list of this year!

Day 1: Sol Monk & Jenny, StormzyLykke Li, Kendrick Lamar, Willy Peyote, Tiga, The Martinez Brothers
Day 2: Apey & The Pea, WhoMadeWho, Oscar & The Wolf, Bonobo, Gorillaz, Rodriguez Jr, Andhim, Yellow Claw 
Day 3:  Shame, The Kooks, Scarlrxd, Sion Hill, Lana del Rey, Eagles and Butterflies, Joe Goddard, Peturbator
Day 4:  The Living End, Everything Everything, Fink, Mumford and Sons, Astronautalis, 
Grum, Above & Beyond, Enrico Sangiuliano, Gabriel & Dresden/Samà
Day 5: Halott Penz, Slaves, Liam Gallagher (Wolf Alice 
:(), King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard, Senbei/Daniel Sanchez, Eelke Klejin, Jan Blomqvist & Band
Day 6: Milky Chance, My Baby, Nortech Collective, Ash Radford, La Femme, Little Dragon, Nick Murphy, Dave Clarke
Day 7: Gogol Bordello, Nothing but Thieves, The War on Drugs, Arctic Monkeys, Fever Ray, Gorgon City, Elrow Party (til dawn)

Gonna be a packed week, as usual!

Day 1:  Stormzy, Lykke Li, Kendrick Lamar, Willy Peyote, Tiga, The Martinez Brothers (maybe)
Day 2:  WhoMadeWho, Bonobo,(Cigarettes After Sex), Gorillaz, (Seasick Steve) Lemaitre,Flux Pavillion
Day 3:  Shame,Parov Stelar(Les Negresses Vertes),El Juntacavadevers, Joe Goddard, Peturbator
Day 4:  The Living End,  Fink, Mumford and Sons, (Sofi Tukker),Borgore
Day 5: Rhye,Slaves, Liam Gallagher (Wolf Alice ),(Transglobal Underground), King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard
Day 6: Nortech Collective, Yellow Days,Goo Goo Dolls, Don Diablo, Nick Murphy, Damian Lazarus
Day 7: Gogol Bordello,  The War on Drugs, Arctic Monkeys, Fever Ray

@Yelo, the Parmiggiana lot of shared concerts,share a beer whenever you want!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

51 minutes ago, Fabrizzo said:

Day 1:  Stormzy, Lykke Li, Kendrick Lamar, Willy Peyote, Tiga, The Martinez Brothers (maybe)
Day 2:  WhoMadeWho, Bonobo,(Cigarettes After Sex), Gorillaz, (Seasick Steve) Lemaitre,Flux Pavillion
Day 3:  Shame,Parov Stelar(Les Negresses Vertes),El Juntacavadevers, Joe Goddard, Peturbator
Day 4:  The Living End,  Fink, Mumford and Sons, (Sofi Tukker),Borgore
Day 5: Rhye,Slaves, Liam Gallagher (Wolf Alice ),(Transglobal Underground), King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard
Day 6: Nortech Collective, Yellow Days,Goo Goo Dolls, Don Diablo, Nick Murphy, Damian Lazarus
Day 7: Gogol Bordello,  The War on Drugs, Arctic Monkeys, Fever Ray

@Yelo, the Parmiggiana lot of shared concerts,share a beer whenever you want!

Hell yeah bro! We gonna meet, with some others users, why not!

On 6/11/2018 at 6:03 PM, Chris Lfc said:

Is VIP camping worth the extra price you pay for it?

I don't think it is. Yeah you have a little more room, slightly better toilets and a swimming pool but unless it's moved from 3 years ago it's close to the beach DJ area so you have non stop loud music until the early hours of the morning, there's hardly any shade, the toilets aren't amazing and the swimming pool was always packed.

Probably better off paying a little extra for somewhere like alternativa camping or something similar.