Sziget Festival 2018

#1SzigetFan

2 hours ago, Chris Lfc said:

Has anyone drove there before? I'm considering driving from North West of the UK and stopping off in a hotel overnight in Austria/Germany, any places u guys recommened stopping off to? Figured that it would be cheaper in petrol/the hotel for 3 people than the plane return and more of a journey.

At 1200 miles, extra Hotel nights, petrol, toll roads, ferry, food etc I’d be amazed if it’s any cheaper than flying. 

• Upvote 1

I have a friend who used to live and work in Budapest for 6 months out of every 12 and so she and her colleague would drive so that they had a car while they were there.

They used to share the driving and it took a good couple of days driving day and night and she said she was seeing the road lights in her sleep for about a week afterwards. I don't think it's worth it either side of a festival.

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 9:05 AM, Dan255 said:

Has anyone ever been to one of the Boat Parties before? - https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/220826-sziget-festival-2018/?page=24 (It's my first Sziget festival).

Normal one any good? VIP one worth the 99 EUR for free drinks?

Thanks for any help!

We went on the boat party last year, we did it on the first day to ensure we weren't too rough.  It was good and I would suggest it, but I doubt we'll do another again this year.  I just felt like it was far too long.  Five hours is just too long, two or maybe three would be perfect but by that time you're just wishing it would end and then the journey from the boat back to the festival was one of the worst experiences of my life!

I want to see Gorgon City on their boat party but I know I won't be able to handle five hours drinking on a boat come the final day.

Edited by JoshWoogs

14 minutes ago, ferguslawlor said:

has anyone heard any rumors? 

Bonobo is a strong rumour, as he had a gig in Budapest yesterday and they had to wait for it to end, to be able to announce him.

As for wishes... I still hope for some "stronger" rock, as I believe that's the only thing that is really lacking on this year's lineup. I would love a band like Ghost, they're on fire lately and they're not too heavy metal, but I don't think they're Sziget thing anymore, sadly.

Miles Kane would be also nice, as we have Lana del Rey and they had a collaboration & we also have the Arctic Monkeys. 

I'd love to see Incubus announced but the only slot they could fill is subbing Gorillaz and I'm inclined to think that day will end up being acts Gorillaz have collabed with, probably with De La Soul subbing. That's basically me just postulating though. 

The only credible info I know of is Bonobo as a strong rumour and that the Wombats self confirmed months ago so I assume they're in there somewhere unless something drastic happened. 

8 hours ago, Fabrizzo said:

Bonobo,Hudson Hohawke,De la Soul,Little Simz,hypnotic brass ensemble these are the rumors... but tomorrow comes today!

Bonobo has been partially leaked, Hudson Mohawke has been self confirmed, same goes for The Wombats. sziget management also confirmed a bunch of names of the Party Arena, ad Flux Pavilion and Whatsonot, plus a small Retro Stage with Brooklyn Bounce and Regina added.

If on top of that they filled it with Incubus, De La Soul and Brockhampton, I'll go nuts

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

Bonobo has been partially leaked, Hudson Mohawke has been self confirmed, same goes for The Wombats. sziget management also confirmed a bunch of names of the Party Arena, ad Flux Pavilion and Whatsonot, plus a small Retro Stage with Brooklyn Bounce and Regina added.

If on top of that they filled it with Incubus, De La Soul and Brockhampton, I'll go nuts

Incubus are still in US on 14th August so they are out.

39 minutes ago, ourkid1984 said:

I've noticed Beans on toast on the line up which I don't think had been announced. I happy with that. Strange about Wombats but maybe they're booked to do a gig in Budapest and they assumed it was for the festival.

Probably they confused Sziget Festival and Home Festival in Treviso...

1 hour ago, ourkid1984 said:

I've noticed Beans on toast on the line up which I don't think had been announced. I happy with that. Strange about Wombats but maybe they're booked to do a gig in Budapest and they assumed it was for the festival.

Just checked out beans on toast. It’s love at first listen thanks for mentioning him. Any other tips on the smaller names announced today welcome too.

Is it just me or is there still gaps on the main stage and in the Bacardi Arena? Seems empty Monday except for Don Diablo and i think there was two days where I can only see three artists on the main stage? Is my computer slow or what do people see? 

34 minutes ago, CaitrionaH said:

Is it just me or is there still gaps on the main stage and in the Bacardi Arena? Seems empty Monday except for Don Diablo and i think there was two days where I can only see three artists on the main stage? Is my computer slow or what do people see? 

Add one of the Hungarian regulars and your complete...