Sziget Festival 2018

#1SzigetFan

OK so I'm going to annoy a few people here by bringing up Justice again. I know when @chunkychips127 asked their contact ages ago they said it was too early to say. Do you guys think there isn't a spot big enough left for them now? I see Justice have additional dates announced after Sziget now. Asking again as otherwise I need to find a way to see them elsewhere this Summer but they'd be so perfect for Sziget. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FionaFiona said:

OK so I'm going to annoy a few people here by bringing up Justice again. I know when @chunkychips127 asked their contact ages ago they said it was too early to say. Do you guys think there isn't a spot big enough left for them now? I see Justice have additional dates announced after Sziget now. Asking again as otherwise I need to find a way to see them elsewhere this Summer but they'd be so perfect for Sziget. 

if I'm not mistaken they are missing from 2007, party arena, fantastic show ...

It would be nuts if they would play at the Elrow "End Show" on the last day at Sziget... I can also see them having a spot in A38 on the 12th of August, as they're in Romania at Summer Well on the 11th. Or as Gorillaz subs on the 9th?

3 hours ago, #1SzigetFan said:

It would be nuts if they would play at the Elrow "End Show" on the last day at Sziget... I can also see them having a spot in A38 on the 12th of August, as they're in Romania at Summer Well on the 11th. Or as Gorillaz subs on the 9th?

They actually have it!
Last day, most likely in Party Arena (as it is the only stage with no announcement done for that day and they said that arena will contain more or less 7500 people)

:)

16 hours ago, chunkychips127 said:

Cheers! Not too bad then! Still a shame cant bring drink into without being sneaky tho

You only have to be sneaky for drinks bought outside of Sziget. Island-bought drinks can be token to your tent just fine.

On 5/3/2018 at 12:22 PM, Fineliner said:

Does anyone, who can get inside information, perhaps know when the next announcement will be?

Lightstage announcement (small stage next to italian camping):

- ANDEAD (I)
- España Circo Este (I)
- galeffi (I)
- Gio Evan (I)
- GIUNGLA (I)
- GOMMA (I)
- Joan Thiele (I)
- L I M (I)
- Oostblok (NL)
- Siberia (I)
- SpringWater (F)
- The Pier (I)
- Vittoria Fleet (D)

Has anyone ever been to one of the Boat Parties before? - https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/220826-sziget-festival-2018/?page=24 (It's my first Sziget festival).

Normal one any good? VIP one worth the 99 EUR for free drinks?

Thanks for any help!

1 hour ago, Dan255 said:

Has anyone ever been to one of the Boat Parties before? - https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/220826-sziget-festival-2018/?page=24 (It's my first Sziget festival).

Thanks for any help!

It actually depends on your pocket and on your drinking skills. 

About the Boat Party I heard mixed feelings, for some was a chic crocery, for some a boring mess. I heard (again, cause I wasnt at the festival last year) that drinks on the boat are over priced.

This being said, I can live 2-3 days on the island with 100 € so I'd say that that is not worth in any case, but again, it depends on the budget, I'm a poor ass monkey and I need to find solutions, maybe you are luckier ahaha

10 hours ago, Dan255 said:

Thanks for any help!

Trips on boats up and down Sziget are included in your city pass if you get one, and they have a bar on board. So if it is just a boat trip you are after, then there are other ways which are easier and you could just do anytime any day.

If it's the rave you're after, there are a lot of these on the island, where you will more easily come and go as you please if you get bored.

So - only do it if you are really set on a rave on a boat.

For me, it'd be too restrictive. The big appeal of a festival for me is to move on to something else when the buzz of the thing you are doing starts to wain......but that might not be you! Seeing them go up and down, they weren't as horribly packed as I thought they might be.

We did it on day one last year, it wasn't mind blowing, but perhaps the later days were more populated. It was, however, relaxing and chilled to drive up and down in the sun having a few bevs. Food wasn't amazing if I recall. Whole thing felt a bit sparse. I wasn't wowed but also I wasn't upset I did it. 

14 hours ago, CaitrionaH said:

Hope so! Getting tired of checking everyday to see if they have announced anyone! 

The guy who posted this is quite reliable so I think it’s likely. Also strongly hinted bonobo will be one of the additions which makes sense for timing as they play Budapest early next week.

28 minutes ago, On The Blend said:

Bonobo would be a nice addition though I would like to see some artists featured on Gorillaz albums be announced. It would make sense considering that Gorillaz day has an almost empty main stage at this point. 

Yes,i bet on De La Soul

4 hours ago, On The Blend said:

Bonobo would be a nice addition though I would like to see some artists featured on Gorillaz albums be announced. It would make sense considering that Gorillaz day has an almost empty main stage at this point. 

Bonobo is in Budapest in a week. Not sure about it so soon but you never know 

Has anyone drove there before? I'm considering driving from North West of the UK and stopping off in a hotel overnight in Austria/Germany, any places u guys recommened stopping off to? Figured that it would be cheaper in petrol/the hotel for 3 people than the plane return and more of a journey.

34 minutes ago, Chris Lfc said:

Has anyone drove there before? I'm considering driving from North West of the UK and stopping off in a hotel overnight in Austria/Germany, any places u guys recommened stopping off to? Figured that it would be cheaper in petrol/the hotel for 3 people than the plane return and more of a journey.

A friend o' mine drove car-sharing assisted from centre of italy to there... It works, but I simply dont see reasons why for such a thing, you arrive there already tired

1 hour ago, Chris Lfc said:

I've done this two times from Italy so it's not the same but I always go to Belgium/Holland by car and basically it's a part of your itineray. Stop in Nurnberg, it's a good choice imo. Regarding petrol I suggest you to wait till Austria, from then it's cheaper than Germany etc...

Also by car you can bring all the stuff you need for camping but mostly beers for the journey ;)

Edited by alan_ts