Sziget Festival 2018

#1SzigetFan

6 minutes ago, On The Blend said:

Any bets going on for this final sub? Personally I think Massive Attack would be brilliant before Gorillaz but I'm not holding my breath. 

Massive Attack will play in Budapest in June so we can rule out them. MIA or Tame Impala would be the best for me.

51 minutes ago, On The Blend said:

I'd be happy with either of those but are incubus really sub size this side of the Atlantic? 

Though if the smart money is on a wildcard then I'm predicting the BBC Philharmonic playing the music of Franz Liszt. 

LOL I'd be down for the Philharmonic bro!

I think they are? Are they not? Would totally be wasted in A38 - where I see more likely Bloc Party with Silent Alarm, if I am to guess

Well I can't seem to see them on the Pukkelpop poster, perhaps they could sub the Friday. It looks like they played second down at a few European festivals in 2015 so I could be wrong. 

Edit: It says they are playing Friday according to their site so I can definitely see them subbing under headliners that weak. 

Edited by On The Blend

15 hours ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

LOL I'd be down for the Philharmonic bro!

I think they are? Are they not? Would totally be wasted in A38 - where I see more likely Bloc Party with Silent Alarm, if I am to guess

Incubus are definitely big enough for that slot before Gorillaz. If Sziget have booked then they’d surely play there my only reservation is sziget seem to be targeting younger fans and I don’t think too many of those would be into Incubus.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2018 at 8:24 PM, ferguslawlor said:

Does anyone know when we are gunna get the next set of names? 

Last year they had a big announcement on the 20th of April so should expect one soon.

Seems to be a bit more unpredictable this year though! Hopefully soon! 

1 hour ago, On The Blend said:

Looking at the lineup right now I'm not seeing anyone who collaborated with Gorillaz on their last few albums and that's making me a little cautious. I'm happy to be corrected in this but I feel their set could lose a lot of presence if there's no featured artists involved. 

That is correct, and that is what I will fear too: Gorillaz as OST to a lot of prerecorded rap

2 hours ago, On The Blend said:

Looking at the lineup right now I'm not seeing anyone who colla nonborated with Gorillaz on their last few albums and that's making me a little cautious. I'm happy to be corrected in this but I feel their set could lose a lot of presence if there's no featured artists involved. 

De La Soul are in Europe in August...

4 hours ago, CaitrionaH said:

De La Soul, Little Simz, Hypnotic Brass Ensemble all supporting in Dublin in June so there's a chance they are on the European tour with them and will go to all the shows! 

Exactly,may be they're the names for the 3 free slots on Gorillaz's Day....

Honestly I can see something like this:

2nd Day: XXX - De La Soul - Incubus - (Gorillaz)

3rd Day: (The Kooks) - The Wombats - (Parov Stelar - Lana del Rey)

4th Day: (Lianne La Haves) - Brockhampton - (Bastille - Mumford and Sons).

So yeah, my bet for the last 4 names on the main stages are The Wombats, De La Soul, Incubus and Brockhampton

44 minutes ago, chunkychips127 said:

Question:

Can you bring drink into the campsite? Will feel weird not being able to drink round the tents! 

Also...how much are drink prices? I'm seeing it either being really cheap...or pricey? We are just a little confused on the matter.

Thankssss

1- No but it's not impossible to sneak some in, already did it.

2- It's cheap compared to western standards but more expensive than in the city.

5 minutes ago, chunkychips127 said:

Ah man, super annoying.

Thanks for the quick reply! Do you have any idea how much a beer/spirit/cocktail was?

Half litre of beer about 2.5€

Palinkas about 3€

Cocktails about 4/4,5€