Sziget Festival 2018

#1SzigetFan

34 minutes ago, kramrojam said:

I think they will announce: imagine dragons, justice, st vincent, the wombats, brockhampton, noisia, netsky, jauz.

Imagine dragons have a US date on the 10th so I do not see a slot for them as they’d be headliners or sub. Justice could be last headliner, st vince look likely, wombats are for sure, brick already got 4-5 gigs during sziget week so possible but not nailed on other names yeah why not but I’m gonna add dropkick murphies and grizzly bear!

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, NomadicMan said:

Imagine dragons have a US date on the 10th so I do not see a slot for them as they’d be headliners or sub. Justice could be last headliner, st vince look likely, wombats are for sure, brick already got 4-5 gigs during sziget week so possible but not nailed on other names yeah why not but I’m gonna add dropkick murphies and grizzly bear!

Oh, i just forget that U.S date...damn, maybe this means someextra name ;)

12 minutes ago, kramrojam said:

Have you seen it on reddit? :D cause' i've seen it there

On reddit and SzigetNews too. I hope it's not Ed Sheeran. :lol:

One more interesting thing is that 4 PM CET is 11 AM (Sziget usual announcement time) in some US states, so it might be a hint for an American act / band. Michigan is also one of those states, so it could be a hint for Eminem? But I doubt they have the money to book another really big & mainstream act like him.

Edit: It could be a hint for Lana del Rey too, as it's 11 AM in New York as well.

Edited by #1SzigetFan

5 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

One more interesting thing is that 4 PM CET is 11 AM (Sziget usual announcement time) in some US states, so it might be a hint for an American act / band. Michigan is also one of those states, so it could be a hint for Eminem? But I doubt they have the money to book another really big & mainstream act like him.

Edit: It could be a hint for Lana del Rey too, as it's 11 AM in New York as well.

I think perhaps the time being a hint is a bit of a stretch. 

4 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Well Eminem already announced his tour so you’d think it’s not him. So which Americans likely to announce a tour tomorrow....yeah it’s probably Lana.

31 minutes ago, thetime said:

I think perhaps the time being a hint is a bit of a stretch. 

Yeah, I think you're right, but there is a slight chance the time to be some kind of a hint for an American act, maybe because of PR reasons: they would announce the headliner at a reasonable time for Europe and US too.

However, this might mean exactly nothing, as Kendrick Lamar was announced at the usual time, as far as I remember.

Edited by #1SzigetFan

2 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Yeah, I think you're right, but there is a slight chance the time to be some kind of a hint for an American act, maybe because of PR reasons: they would announce the headliner at a reasonable time for Europe and US too.

However, this might mean exactly nothing, as Kendrick Lamar was announced at the usual time, as far as I remember.

I would say if it was a huge name to headline, then it would just be them and not ‘names tomorrow’ like sziget has advertised.