Sziget Festival 2018

#1SzigetFan

27 minutes ago, On The Blend said:

Thoughts on The Prodigy? They're free on the 10th (in Germany the day after), could be an interesting choice to round out the lineup.

They will play Fezen festival in Hungary, so they're out.

6 minutes ago, Luke Routledge said:

See 30 seconds to Mars announced a show on 17th in Switzerland. Could he in the running... 

Hope not but they do strike me as a very Sziget headliner...that said we got three bands there already so I’d expect some dj or electronic act based on previous years.

What's up with everybody predicting/hoping for Justice as the final headliner? They are not even close to being big enough, let alone mainstream enough for Sziget to actually headline. I would love to have Justice on the bill, but they are not big as this forum seems to think they are..

They're not even close to headlining other Sziget-sized festivals that they have been/will be playing at...

• Downvote 1

On 02/12/2017 at 1:14 PM, Davidoff said:

I was there last year and loved it, I like the suggestions so far but I feel it maybe a bit more dance/pop acts. I would live to see Arcade Fire/QOTSA/Gorillaz/Noel or Liam. I can also see a Scottish act like Franz or Snow Patrol as they are in Europe in the summer. Maybe further down a few acts like D Bryne/Thiefs/Wolf Alice/Stormzy or Tiny  and a few dance acts like Avici/Diplo headlining a few nights.  Florance for the opening night as there are not that many big female acts in Europe at that time. Thats if they do the same as before and having a big Female act on the first night

You never know with this festival and Pink was announced about this time last year. I am with the above and don't think there will be a huge name. Pink never played any festivals close by last year so it still could be anyone. I was not far away with my predictions in December and hope for another decent bank but I can see some DJ,dance act being added as cheaper and don't rule out imagine dragons or a band like that but there will be no Foo Fighters sadly. . 

Still a great line up. 

Anyone got any dates for more names to be added? 

4 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Don't know about Imagine Dragons (I hope they won't play), but looks like that no Sziget for these guys...

FB_IMG_1520494667854.jpg

Too bad if this definitely rules out The National, Vince Staples and Brockhampton - was kind of hoping for these bad boys.

Anyway, I think we are close for another announcement, one years ago they were releasing tomorrow (Kasabian or Wiz, can't remember)

13 hours ago, FionaFiona said:

I don't suppose @chunkychips127 could very kindly ask his super helpful contact any more clues about Justice again? There are a lot of anxious people here. Their gig at West Hoults at Glastonbury Festival was one of the best performances there ever. Would be so amazing if Sziget got them. 

Same as before, unsure till closer to the announcement time