Weather

shoebox

First post in ages. When I used to go to Glastonbury, I wasted hours and hours on the weather thread. It was an absolute roller coaster of emotions 😂. The weather will be what it will be and I think only Sunday and Monday are looking dodgy. It won't be biblical Glasto mud though. I experienced Glasto 97, 98, 2007(definitely the worst) and 2011 which was grim, particularly queuing in torrential rain for 5 hours to get in. I haven't been back since. 

The Nal  is hopefully being over pessimistic 😂😂😂

Pack wellies and waterproofs, just to be on the safe side. 

Edited by HastingsBoy
None

Met office: "Over the weekend, as the high pressure begins to breakdown, outbreaks of rain may start to spread to some southern and western areas". 

Rain creeping into almost all forecasts now for Sunday and Monday. Could easily arrive early too. Saturday through Monday. Or even Friday. Very very worrying.

29 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Met office: "Over the weekend, as the high pressure begins to breakdown, outbreaks of rain may start to spread to some southern and western areas". 

Rain creeping into almost all forecasts now for Sunday and Monday. Could easily arrive early too. Saturday through Monday. Or even Friday. Very very worrying.

Queen Bohemian Rhapsody GIF - Queen Bohemian Rhapsody Thunderbolt And Lightning Very Very Frightening Me GIFs

• Upvote 1

Met Office/BBC/Accuweather/XC all pretty much aligned now - looks like we are going to get some cracking days Thursday to Saturday then some light rain on Sunday.  I'll take that!  Put it this way, for me in Aberdeen, those temperatures are what I've been looking for all summer!!  As long as the Sunday rain doesn't turn into that of 2017 proportions, we are laughing.

For anyone who hasn't been to EOTR before - it turns VERY cold in the evening.  We always factor in time early evening to head back to our tent for extra layers.

2 hours ago, discojod said:

For anyone who hasn't been to EOTR before - it turns VERY cold in the evening.  We always factor in time early evening to head back to our tent for extra layers.

Bit of an exaggeration, I occasionally have to put on a long sleeve shirt.