Weather

shoebox

Heres my summary based on the current forecast

Rain today to make the ground nice n soft for when we put up our tents
Guaranteed dry weather tomorrow, the most important day for dry weather, with low wind which is IDEAL for pitching tents
Guaranteed dry weather on Friday. High spirits will not be dampened! The cloud cover at the end of the day will prevent the night from getting too cold which will allow ample silent disco or cider bus partying. But if it is too chilly it'll be perfect temperature for the newly introduced DJ sets at Big Top.

Guaranteed dry weather on Saturday, but slightly cooler, this is a good thing as I suspect a few of us will be hungover and who wants to be too hot with a hangover? Not me bleurgh. Comfortable temp for the outside but also a nice temp to ensure the Tipi and Big Top dont get too warm. Conclusion: All stages viable, can still sit everywhere, and you can truly make choices on who you want to see and not have the weather dictate your day. Stages not too hot, no wind, no rain to ruin your good time. 

Slight chance of rain Sunday afternon/no rain on Sunday - Currently the met office predicts a 30% chance of rain on Sunday afternoon at around 13.00. This is FINE as we would all need a shower by this stage anyways, but if you chose to believe the BBCs forecast this wont happen at all. Same as Saturday otherwise

Monday. Sunshine, clear skies. AH PERFECT. Nothing worse than leaving a festival in rain and the sunshine will encourage you out for your tent and leave you in good spirits for the final stretch home. It'll be cool enough so coaches arent a nightmare and thirst shouldn't be too much an issue.

Conclusion: So far the weather seems very comfortable, which is the unsung hero of festivals, all this desire for PURE SUN and heat in the mid to high 20s often feels misguided. BRING IT ON

Please note that rain was forecasted 2hrs prior to this post on both sites so is subject to change but once I write this I consider it gospel and you should as well.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Yesiamaduck said:

Both Met Office and Beeb have left me confident enough to pack no water proofs and just trainers. Packing light this year

I actually forgot to pack my coat might just invest in a snazzy jumper from that vintage stand! 

• 11 months later...

It is about the time of year we'd all be getting a bit worried about the weather...it sounds ridiculous but I'm interested in seeing what the forecast will be for the festival weekend even though we won't be there.

In my head if it rains all weekend then there is no chance of it being like that next year :)

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I'm as bad as the rest of you for checking these sites out of sheer excitement, but from a professional point of view it's all quite meaningless at this point.

As with most of the fests I attend, I'll do a forecast just before for my own use and will share here too. 

Let's not let that stop the rumouring and sharing of obscure resources though as its all part of building that anticipation!! 😊

• 2 weeks later...