Weather

shoebox

The weather is usually so good for this that we’ve all been spoilt! 

I’ll be happy as long as some sunshine for a few of the garden stage acts, no persistent deluges and no hypothermia, as almost happened a couple of years ago. Mind you, Perfume Genius in a deluge was ace.

Met Office, which has a weather station at Larmer Tree, has it as dry through Saturday (which is as far as their detailed predictions go) right now - around 19-20 degrees rather than this heat, fortunately, I've done a couple of festivals where at least one day has been 30+ and that was enough - but Friday in particular I think is going to need keeping an eye on nearer the time. Also their UK long term forecast says: "over the weekend, into the start of September, it will probably be fairly unsettled nationwide. The heavier rain will be most likely in the northwest, with southeastern parts receiving the longest dry and sunny spells. However, there will be a risk of thundery showers breaking out across the southeast at times."

Edited by SweepingTheNation

24 minutes ago, Jeel said:

Rain now forecast for Saturday and Sunday. Not much but the direction of travel of the weather is some concern

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/forecast/gcn9bg15x#?date=2019-08-30

That forecast shows two raindrops -TWO! - 24 hours apart. I think we can cope with that.