Weather

shoebox

50 minutes ago, RedRockRick said:

I'm not looking for a repeat of the Bill Callahan Sunday experience.

I bailed on the Sunday morning so missed Bill Callahan. It was such a disappointment after 3 pretty glorious days. I don't do wet festivals after a few really grim Glastonbury's. I really hope the forecast is wrong as it's a fantastic festival but like anywhere, miserable in the rain. 

12 minutes ago, ljsawyer said:

That Bill Callahan day was bloody miserable, although dancing to Amadou & Mariam non-stop for an hour in the rain was one of my most memorable EOTR experiences.

Woke up to the rain on Sunday morning and made the decision to bail almost immediately. It was clear the rain was set for the day and the site doesn't offer very much shelter does it? 

I guess how much you can cope with the rain depends on the quality of music and just having a very positive mindset ?. I've tried getting through a very wet Glasto (2007) with the help of alcohol but that wears off. ? Of course conditions at Glasto and EOTR can't be compared but I hope I won't be bailing early again. 

1 hour ago, HastingsBoy said:

Woke up to the rain on Sunday morning and made the decision to bail almost immediately. It was clear the rain was set for the day and the site doesn't offer very much shelter does it? 

We lasted to mid afternoon but after seeing a band on the woods in the relentless swirling rain and then having a ruined Tipi experience due to people using it as shelter, it seemed pointless staying.

I feedback every year about the lack of cover and every year nothing changes. Everything covered was full. It can't be that much of an undertaking to put a few small covered areas up around the site to give people somewhere to at least eat if it's raining? 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Jeel said:

We lasted to mid afternoon but after seeing a band on the woods in the relentless swirling rain and then having a ruined Tipi experience due to people using it as shelter, it seemed pointless staying.

I feedback every year about the lack of cover and every year nothing changes. Everything covered was full. It can't be that much of an undertaking to put a few small covered areas up around the site to give people somewhere to at least eat if it's raining? 

There is only the Big Top, Tipi area or the covered area for eating near the Big Top isn't there? Other than that, the beer tents. It wouldn't hurt to provide a few more benched, covered areas. 

Hopefully it won't be an issue this year. 

1 hour ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Forecasts for the start of next week won't be settled across the board yet. Why are we having a two page discussion about an independent and not always accurate even for the same day site predicting the weather in two weeks' time?

Because that's what we do!

I posted that AccuWeather forecast a week ago, and I can assure you, it was done with tongue firmly in cheek.

13 hours ago, HastingsBoy said:

There is only the Big Top, Tipi area or the covered area for eating near the Big Top isn't there? Other than that, the beer tents. It wouldn't hurt to provide a few more benched, covered areas. 

Hopefully it won't be an issue this year. 

Hopefully not but if we do have a bad year then it will be pretty horrendous. There are bits and pieces of covered bits but nowhere near enough for 10% of attendees to shelter in. 

BBC Weather - cloudy, sunny spells, small chance of rain

Accuweather - considerable clouds, small chance of rain

Metoffice - "periods of settled and warmer conditions, especially to southern areas" ... "Southern areas are most likely to see the driest and sunniest weather"

Maybe I'm an optimist but we're not predicted heavy rain at any point.

8 minutes ago, Ted Dansons Wig said:

Metoffice long range looking good to me.

As if forecasts at this stage is any use.

Got back yesterday from Green Man. I use Dark Sky on my phone and its forecast was changing every bloody hour from Saturday onwards.

Yeah but at least we know were not getting a Boardmasters at this stage.