Weather

shoebox

23 hours ago, SighMo said:

I'm guessing the weather will be ok for GM and EOTR, both of which I'm at. Only because I had to deal with a heartbroken 17 year old daughter last night who had just finished packing for her first festival and was bursting with excitement only for it to be cancelled a few minutes later. Feel so, so sorry for her especially after we had a perfect Glasto too.

Similar has happened to my youngest, just found out while en route that Houghton festival has been cancelled

11 minutes ago, Fat_Buddha said:

Similar has happened to my youngest, just found out while en route that Houghton festival has been cancelled

Such a shame...probably feels worse than cancelling Christmas on Christmas eve.

3 hours ago, Fat_Buddha said:

Same here - just picked up my son in Bristol after the coach turned round on the M4 after hearing the news. Now the question is ...to Boomtown or not to Boomtown

12 minutes ago, Sean1234321 said:

According to The Weather Outlook there's going to be a heatwave heading in to the festival...

The Thursday should appear tomorrow, and yes I know it's still too early to tell but any encouraging news is fine by me.

https://www.theweatheroutlook.com/forecast/uk/SP5 5PY

It would be nice as it looks like we’re going to a soaking at GM this weekend. 

12 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Was anyone else at the Big Top for Amen Dunes? Was absolutely roasting in there. 

Was roasting for everything in there. Shame they don’t make it like the tent at Green Man and at the JP with the whole of one side open rather that having entrances. Wouldn’t need to worry about capacity then either. 

31 minutes ago, SighMo said:

Was roasting for everything in there. Shame they don’t make it like the tent at Green Man and at the JP with the whole of one side open rather that having entrances. Wouldn’t need to worry about capacity then either. 

Nah I like it. Means there's no sound bleeds and really good atmosphere in there.

1 minute ago, Guy Incognito said:

Nah I like it. Means there's no sound bleeds and really good atmosphere in there.

There is that, I agree. An issue I heard about last year but it didn’t happen to me, was  people were being stopped from going in at the entrance when there was still plenty of room at the back inside; think this happened for the Idles set. 

4 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Man, that's a shame. There was so much good stuff in there last year. Especially the run of Insecure Men, DUDS and Flat Worms.

My top acts in there were insecure Men, Idles, Hookworms and Amyl and the Sniffers...was flippin hot though 

1 hour ago, SighMo said:

There is that, I agree. An issue I heard about last year but it didn’t happen to me, was  people were being stopped from going in at the entrance when there was still plenty of room at the back inside; think this happened for the Idles set. 

Every year. They just look at the middle and take no account of the empty sides. No one checks. 

I only trust the met office reports...

Thursday 29 Aug - Thursday 12 Sep
Confidence is rather low during this period. However, there are signs that high pressure will increasingly dominate the weather across the British Isles. Southern areas are best placed to see the driest and sunniest weather at first, perhaps with some lingering wet and potentially windy conditions affecting the north. However, longer spells of dry and sunny weather are soon expected to develop across all parts. Temperatures are generally likely to be warmer than average, although there is little indication of anything exceptional at this time.

Edited by WM Hall

I'm counting on the AccuWeather and WeatherOutlook forecasts being hopelessly wrong as they make grim reading at the moment. ? The BBC one for the Thursday is ok at present and I guess will have to wait and see what tomorrow brings for the Friday. No use stressing about stuff you can't change but Festivals ain't much fun in the pouring rain. 

44 minutes ago, HastingsBoy said:

I'm counting on the AccuWeather and WeatherOutlook forecasts being hopelessly wrong as they make grim reading at the moment. ? The BBC one for the Thursday is ok at present and I guess will have to wait and see what tomorrow brings for the Friday. No use stressing about stuff you can't change but Festivals ain't much fun in the pouring rain. 

AccuWeather is saying cloudy with an occasional shower - not the end of the world!