Weather

shoebox

A quick look at the weather forecasts and they all seem to say the same thing

Dry & Warm with some cloud cover but chilly on Sunday. There may be a shower tomorrow afternoon. On the plus side cloud cover means it's not quite as cold at night with the minimum being around 14 deg c on Sunday and around the 10 mark else where. All reports agree Friday and Saturday will be the warmest and sunniest days with Thursday and Sunday variable across websites.

It should be better weather than last year

I'll take it 

Edited by Yesiamaduck
  • Like 2

Sunday does not look good wherever you look, still plenty of time for that to change though.

Tomorrow seems very uncertain with a lot of places saying only rain for a few hours early evening, with others saying showers throughout the day so it doesn't look like we'll get a reliable forecast until the morning.

• 10 months later...
On 7/25/2018 at 8:50 AM, Sean1234321 said:

Is it too early to start talking about the weather :no2:

It's not too early to start worrying about it...this summer can't last forever surely.

Hopefully we get a dry un...Sunday was hard work last year...fecking relentless.

Have to say Jesus & Mary Chain in a downpour was one our special moments - almost apocalyptic. 

Main issue with the rain is not being able to get in the tipi tent to see bands due to the “shelter from the rain brigade” - most frustrating. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the September average for Wiltshire is 18°...

(Should be noted last Friday-Sunday was the wettest period in England for weeks and weeks and also the days of my first festival of the year, so just because it's a warm spell doesn't mean it can't break every now and then)

Edited by SweepingTheNation

Met Office did also state that 'warmer than average' might only be 1 - 2 degrees warmer than average so taking into account the Wiltshire average there, that could mean 19-20. Which giving the absolute boiling temps of the last few months would feel a little chilly I think.

All these woulds and coulds though... it's impossible to predict the weather accurately even this close. I'd settle for relatively warm ( I don't like it hot) with the just the odd shower if it really  has to rain. Like 2010 when it poured  through Iron and Wine, but was mostly dry the rest of the week (from memory anyway)

Whatever the temp it'll still be bloody freezing at night though, right? 

On 8/6/2018 at 9:05 PM, SweepingTheNation said:

Well, the September average for Wiltshire is 18°...

(Should be noted last Friday-Sunday was the wettest period in England for weeks and weeks and also the days of my first festival of the year, so just because it's a warm spell doesn't mean it can't break every now and then)

Eh? Friday and Saturday were glorious. Sunday was horrific, mind.

Met Office long-range for next week:

Some rain is possible on Wednesday across the UK, but the end of the week looks like becoming dry and bright away from the far northwest. Though nights may be chilly, it will become warm during the day. At the start of September there are signals for dry, bright and warm weather to become more widely established, though short spells of wind and rain may affect northern and western parts at times.

• Like 1