Weather

shoebox

With just over two weeks to go, as is customary, it's time to start getting excited/worried about the weather. Knowing full well it's virtually impossible to predict the weather in the UK for any more than two days in advance, it doesn't stop us reading everything we can find (especially the positive outlooks) and planning accordingly. So without further ado, from the Met Office themselves. STOCK UP ON SUNCREAM AND PACK YOUR SHORTS!

UK Outlook for Thursday 31 Aug 2017 to Thursday 14 Sep 2017:

For the end of August and into the first part of September, we are most likely to see changeable weather conditions dominating across the UK. However, there is a chance of some more prolonged dry and fine weather at times too. As a result, on balance there are likely to be spells of rain and strong winds at times, especially across the north and west, which will then be interspersed with several days of drier and warmer weather. Temperatures may become warm or very warm at times, especially in the south. However, they will probably remain generally close to normal for the time of year elsewhere.

Probably should have included this in my Learnings from Green Man:

BBC Weather Forecasts more than 12 hours ahead can be complete bollocks, and those under 12 hours at least partial bollocks (although this may of course only apply to Welsh mountains river valleys).  This can work either, sun instead of rain, and rain instead of sun.

• Upvote 1

Metcheck has always been the most accurate for me. Check on the wed and it's usually correct for the weekend.

It's never TOO bad, in fact, you could say that apart from one or two rain showers, it's generally ok/It's not like you are wading through huge,deep puddles. A decent jacket and some waterproof boots and all is fine. Cold at night though, no matter how hot during the day. Bring a good sleeping bag.

• Like 1

Still loks like it will be very very chilly at night, but delightful during the day (8 degrees?)...EOTR is the the reason i finally invested in a down coat, and it's made my festival 100% times better!...hot cider just didn't cut it in the end