Which festivals will sell out quicker next year?

Rumblestripe

Trying to put together a coherent plan for next year (never easy). In terms of festivals that appeal to me it'll be (probably two from) Bearded Theory, Green Man, Beautiful Days, Deer Shed and/or Festival No.6. From what I have read Kendal Calling has gone a little too "Leeds/Reading" for my ageing appetites.

In the absence of a Glastonbury 18 I reckon some of these will sell out a lot quicker than usually.

What does the board reckon? I'm probably going to go for Bearded Theory and Deer Shed and may risk going for "Early Bird" tickets pre line up.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually think a number of festivals will struggle this year with no Glastonbury.

I think people may decide to go on a summer holiday or save money instead, and just wait until 2019. I know quite a people planning on doing these next year, as opposed to finding an alternative festival. 

3 minutes ago, st dan said:

I actually think a number of festivals will struggle this year with no Glastonbury.

I think people may decide to go on a summer holiday or save money instead, and just wait until 2019. I know quite a people planning on doing these next year, as opposed to finding an alternative festival. 

there'll be a bit of both I suspect.

The top-notch fests will do better than ever. And just to help them along, efestivals will be providing a list - less based on bands than the quality of the festival itself.

And the arse will fall out of the ones that shouldn't really exist anyway, which is what the festie world needs right now so that the arse doesn't fall out of all of it.

In the middle of those two will be the ones that are more marketing than substance, where there's some right old shite selling well (die you fuckers! :P)  .... but given that iphones are still selling stupidly well I can't see it happening.

19 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'm thinking the ones that won't sell out will be the ones who announce a big band for their festival but where that big band isn't able to be seen on the ticket you've bought to see that band at that festival.

Cos shady operators are shady operators, and you'd be daft to take the risk.

Pardon?  Are you thinking of a specific festival that announced an act that didn't play?  Y Not and H&G clusterfucks aside?

8 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Pardon?  Are you thinking of a specific festival that announced an act that didn't play?  Y Not and H&G clusterfucks aside?

I'm wondering if it's referring to for example Kendal Calling, where Franz Ferdinand and Primal Scream (plus a few other lesser names) played on the Thursday, requiring anyone who wanted to see them to purchase an extra Thursday Entry ticket in addition to their regular weekend ticket.

Not sure what to do next year. Will definitely go to Bearded Theory again (which I discovered last time there was a Glastonbury fallow year), plenty of others I fancy but the rest of the year is in flux. At some point I'll be out of a job, any time is possible but probably July. As a result I don't really want to comit.

This also gives me the fear about new jobs and getting off the time I want in future i.e. last week in June.

Anyway... I'd expect most festivals to sell out in roughly the same time with the exception of Boomtown which seems to be the most talked about alternative. Maybe Latitude will do better than recently but I think they need a decent lineup after recent efforts.

7 minutes ago, incident said:

I'm wondering if it's referring to for example Kendal Calling, where Franz Ferdinand and Primal Scream (plus a few other lesser names) played on the Thursday, requiring anyone who wanted to see them to purchase an extra Thursday Entry ticket in addition to their regular weekend ticket.

Nope, it's not a reference to that.

27 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

What happened/is happening with Lost Village?

To go to the Soulwax gig, you have to sign up to Amazon Music (free trial but continues if you don't cancel type thing). I think they had been included in the line up but without any mention that not everyone could see them.