funky squaredance

Latitude 2018

My 11th Latitude 

Plus points: New comedy arena and food was better. The late night DJs and acts were top marks

Minus points: They need more water points and campsite toilets need renewal

All in all, its not EOTR, it’s not Glastonbury, it’s not Boomtown. It is what it is. Yes it’s full of luvlies doing the festival thing, yes it’s an arena set up, but for me, it’s an opportunity for me to relax, chill, take in something different and appreciate one of the best festival venues out there without worrying about twats throwing piss or overcrowded campsites.

I do Glastonbury each year and other festivals too. I enjoy Latitude as much as the others because I know what to expect. The line up will never compete with some others as the arts side takes up a lot of the budget, but over the years they have given chances to certain acts to top the bill and for that I’ll always appreciate it.

It is what it is

Edited by fluff164
  • Upvote 4

the photographer that efestivals sent to Latitude has some unidentified pics. Do you know who this act is, please?

_JMC1059.jpg

8 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Pretty sure that’s the singer in Parquet Courts.

thanks.

After googling other pics for them I think you're right - tho he looks very different on the majority of other pics (different haircut). The pics of other band members seem to be right for that.

But just to double-check, is anyone else able to confirm? I don't want to put them up under the wrong name.

21 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

thanks.

After googling other pics for them I think you're right - tho he looks very different on the majority of other pics (different haircut). The pics of other band members seem to be right for that.

But just to double-check, is anyone else able to confirm? I don't want to put them up under the wrong name.

Can confirm this is Parquet Courts, I watched their set

15 minutes ago, Flaminglippy said:

Very good they were too! 

Probably my highlight of the whole weekend! Especially loved the Oasis stick they were dishing out. Will definitely try and catch them on their tour later this year.

1 minute ago, suttttttt said:

Probably my highlight of the whole weekend! Especially loved the Oasis stick they were dishing out. Will definitely try and catch them on their tour later this year.

Yeah...when they dedicated a song to 'everybody's favourite member of Oasis, Noel' pretty much confirmed Liam was the secret guest later! 

On 7/31/2018 at 6:26 PM, tobydlb said:

when do tickets usually go on sale?

Last year they went on sale end of July, they usually do round about now but not always!

3 hours ago, jamesrfisher said:

Last year they went on sale end of July, they usually do round about now but not always!

cheers, how much are they usually

I paid £197.50 per ticket plus booking fees last year but not sure if that was early bird price or not, purchased in December on the deposit scheme and as i recall this was due to finish on early bird tickets on 31st December.

19 minutes ago, jamesrfisher said:

I paid £197.50 per ticket plus booking fees last year but not sure if that was early bird price or not

that was the full price.

22 hours ago, eFestivals said:

that was the full price.

22 hours ago, jamesrfisher said:

I paid £197.50 per ticket plus booking fees last year but not sure if that was early bird price or not, purchased in December on the deposit scheme and as i recall this was due to finish on early bird tickets on 31st December.

They do an interest free payment plan as well... £50+booking fee before end of year / £50 early Feb / £50 early March / £47.50+postage early Apr

as opposed to published 'early bird' prices, they usually say 'tickets available at last years price for a limited time'....