Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

:o There is another forum...!!??

are you sure it is not just the same people, with different names, just spouting the same shit..??

the interweb is a mystery

There used to be an official forum on the latitude website, then they gradually phased it out (first by removing the homepage link then the whole page), and the occupants made their own unofficial version

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I think they've balanced the lineup a bit better than in recent years, but the Latitude Festival I know and love is officially dead. I used to describe Latitude as 'Glastonbury with the shitty

What a load of rubbish, the likes of her and her sister fill out stadiums, it's their thing, should we insist they now have a "white indie band" as a warm up act, festival crowds as a whole don't go f

This is genuinely one of the worst posts I've seen on this site. I'm not even that big a fan of Elbow but f**king hell. How ignorant are some folk?

Posted Images

1 hour ago, evannn said:

There used to be an official forum on the latitude website, then they gradually phased it out (first by removing the homepage link then the whole page), and the occupants made their own unofficial version

Like the Peoples Front of Judea.?

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I strongly disagree. Nevertheless, Latitude won’t turn into that for a multitude of reasons; some down to competition, most down to demographic.

i hope yur right and i actually believe you probably are. I admit I went a bit OTT with that previous comment, but for all its faults, Latitude-  like Glasto - is about diversity and long may it continue. That Longitude lineup's about as diverse as Donald Trump's contact list! In my dreams I'm wishing for Stormzy, Neil Young and NIN. It won't happen, but let's hope that we at least get a bunch of headliners with something important to say...

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Cat Man said:

i hope yur right and i actually believe you probably are. I admit I went a bit OTT with that previous comment, but for all its faults, Latitude-  like Glasto - is about diversity and long may it continue. That Longitude lineup's about as diverse as Donald Trump's contact list! In my dreams I'm wishing for Stormzy, Neil Young and NIN. It won't happen, but let's hope that we at least get a bunch of headliners with something important to say...

i dont think you comments were OTT... If Latitude were to follow down the Longitude path it would finish it for me (and it sounds like you..) but absolutely make it for others...

There arent a multitude of reasons why it will or wont change. Just one. Money.

Its not a public service.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Cat Man said:

i hope yur right and i actually believe you probably are. I admit I went a bit OTT with that previous comment, but for all its faults, Latitude-  like Glasto - is about diversity and long may it continue. That Longitude lineup's about as diverse as Donald Trump's contact list! In my dreams I'm wishing for Stormzy, Neil Young and NIN. It won't happen, but let's hope that we at least get a bunch of headliners with something important to say...

It's not though, if you check out Ibeyi then Travis Scott it'll sound very different.

They're two sides of the same coin anyway. Latitude is as diverse as Longitude really, in that it has little-to-no urban music styles and is mostly rock music, whereas Longitude is the opposite. Praising the diversity of one and condemning the other is daft.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It's not though, if you check out Ibeyi then Travis Scott it'll sound very different.

They're two sides of the same coin anyway. Latitude is as diverse as Longitude really, in that it has little-to-no urban music styles and is mostly rock music, whereas Longitude is the opposite. Praising the diversity of one and condemning the other is daft.

Mostly rock music? Are we talking about the same festival?

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Mostly rock music? Are we talking about the same festival?

I give you The 1975... They dont come much rockier than that.!

Look up 'Rock' in the dictionary (non urban) and i think you will find it says : 1975

i rest my case m'lud..

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

I give you The 1975... They dont come much rockier than that.!

Look up 'Rock' in the dictionary (non urban) and i think you will find it says : 1975

i rest my case m'lud..

They don't come more rockier than The1975? Think I need to bow out of the conversation at this point before I start mentioning the likes of Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, The Who, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, QOTSA, Pixies etc etc.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, tomzsz said:

why is everyone so set on Bsstille ? they’re pretty boring live at festivals and there are for more exciting young British acts (such a s wolf alice) who have around the same age fan base andd would attract the same amount of fans and would (one is a ssuming) cost less than bastille

FAR FROM! If they are there, I hope it's not a headlining slot! I'm hoping for Sigur Ros or alt-J instead!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, swelsbyuk said:

Mostly rock music? Are we talking about the same festival?

Rock as in the broadest of definitions, yeah. Where indie rock, folk rock, blues rock, etc. come under. Makes up 80% of the festival’s music, you must have noticed?

Just like urban music would be a very broad category but it’s the only thing that connects some of those artists on the Longitude line up - which is apparently not diverse enough.

Edited by dentalplan
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Rock as in the broadest of definitions, yeah. Where indie rock, folk rock, blues rock, etc. come under. Makes up 80% of the festival’s music, you must have noticed?

Just like urban music would be a very broad category but it’s the only thing that connects some of those artists on the Longitude line up - which is apparently not diverse enough.

Longitude need a bit of The Hiphopapotamus vs The Rhymenocerous....

their isn’t enough New Zealand rap there..!

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

They don't come more rockier than The1975? Think I need to bow out of the conversation at this point before I start mentioning the likes of Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, The Who, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, QOTSA, Pixies etc etc.

 

I think Led Zeppelin, AC/DC and The Who are all off of the 1975...? Physical Graffiti..?

the rest are off of the 1990s..

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If the line-up contains a few rappers, the only one I'd like to see is Macklemore and De La Soul. Apart from that, I hope the WHOLE Latitude line-up is far from the Longitude line-up.

Edited by WMWMOfficial
Link to post
Share on other sites

What people are (deliberately? That stupid Trump comparison definitely makes me think that's the case) ignoring about Longitude is it was basically turning into that anyway. Largely due to Dublin's cultural makeup it's been attracting a much younger crowd and becoming more urban culture-mainstream as a result with success. In 2016 it was headlined by Kendrick Lamar and Major Lazer, with Run The Jewels, Tyler The Creator, Action Bronson and A$AP Ferg playing. Last year there may have been a Mumford & Sons curated stage but the other two headliners were the Weeknd and Stormzy, with Skepta, G-Eazy, Young Thug, Kaytranada, Gucci Mane, Earl Sweatshirt, Dua Lipa and Wiley high up the bill. They're just shifting further into what worked. Latitude is more high profile because of where it is and what country and media it covers, with a far bigger mainstream reach and a far more established demographic. They're not the same.

And yes, if you think Solange, Sampha and Migos, say, are exactly the same then by the same rule of thumb The 1975 are an indie rock band just like any other.

Edited by SweepingTheNation
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, dentalplan said:

It's not though, if you check out Ibeyi then Travis Scott it'll sound very different.

They're two sides of the same coin anyway. Latitude is as diverse as Longitude really, in that it has little-to-no urban music styles and is mostly rock music, whereas Longitude is the opposite. Praising the diversity of one and condemning the other is daft.

Oh well, I guess you'll be enjoying the rich broth of sonic diversity on offer in Ireland while I re-live my misspent youth headbanging to Katherine Jenkins in Southwold. Takes all sorts. (That hat really suits trent BTW)!;)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...