1 hour ago, suttttttt said:

Belle and Sebastian have been added to the Friday

Decent.

They headlined a few years back, so a good sub.

I saw them play The Troxy last month and they were on top form. They played songs from virtually all periods of their career and even threw in the rarely played Lazy Line Painter Jane (my favourite B&S song) as part of the encore.

4 hours ago, suttttttt said:

Decent booking, but weren't Wolf Alice penciled in to sub on the Friday? I'd be really disappointed if WA were 3rd or lower on the Obelisk or subbing the tent... :unsure:

2 minutes ago, Cat Man said:

Decent booking, but weren't Wolf Alice penciled in to sub on the Friday? I'd be really disappointed if WA were 3rd or lower on the Obelisk or subbing the tent... :unsure:

They're on the Obelisk for sure. I think it was assumed Wolf Alice were on Friday because Rag'n'Bone Man can only do Sunday and The Vaccines have confirmed that they're doing Saturday. Now, looking at the lineup page, Rag'n'Bone Man is on the line below so he's probably 3rd down below Wolf Alice on the Sunday.

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

They're on the Obelisk for sure. I think it was assumed Wolf Alice were on Friday because Rag'n'Bone Man can only do Sunday and The Vaccines have confirmed that they're doing Saturday. Now, looking at the lineup page, Rag'n'Bone Man is on the line below so he's probably 3rd down below Wolf Alice on the Sunday.

Interesting. Sunday's suddenly looking pretty strong if that's the case, more like a Friday lineup from years past than the usual final day's fayre.

11 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah think this makes most sense as Wolf Alice are in Spain at the beginning of the weekend. Wolf Alice into Alt J sounds pleasant to me.

2 minutes ago, Cat Man said:

Interesting. Sunday's suddenly looking pretty strong if that's the case, more like a Friday lineup from years past than the usual final day's fayre.

Yeah it seems to be:

Friday: The Charlatans > Belle & Sebastian > Solange
Saturday: Jessie Ware > The Vaccines > The Killers
Sunday: Rag'n'Bone Man > Wolf Alice > alt-J

That Friday strikes me as bizarre. Particularly considering James are headlining the second stage that night. All the Solange day-ticketers will be 90's cats. :lol:

2 minutes ago, suttttttt said:

Yeah think this makes most sense as Wolf Alice are in Spain at the beginning of the weekend. Wolf Alice into Alt J sounds pleasant to me.

Yeah and old J has that song with Ellie Roswell as well so that works out too. Unless she wants to clock off afterwards, which is fair.

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah it seems to be:

Friday: The Charlatans > Belle & Sebastian > Solange
Saturday: Jessie Ware > The Vaccines > The Killers
Sunday: Rag'n'Bone Man > Wolf Alice > alt-J

That Friday strikes me as bizarre. Particularly considering James are headlining the second stage that night. All the Solange day-ticketers will be 90's cats. :lol:

Yeah and old J has that song with Ellie Roswell as well so that works out too. Unless she wants to clock off afterwards, which is fair.

V odd mix Friday for sure. The only good thing about it is there's no danger of peaking too soon- I'll hopefully have plenty of energy left for the Sat/Sun singalongs! B)

Sounds like they're doing the 'special guest slot' again this year from some social media posts which was on the Saturday so reckon we can probably expect someone in between Jessie Ware and The Vaccines.

Struggling to understand why they haven't given the day splits yet...

2 minutes ago, suttttttt said:

Sounds like they're doing the 'special guest slot' again this year from some social media posts which was on the Saturday so reckon we can probably expect someone in between Jessie Ware and The Vaccines.

Struggling to understand why they haven't given the day splits yet...

Mmm, there's several oddities this year. I'm still hoping Robert Smith's gonna pop up at some point in the Killer's set, but it just sounds too good and too perfect (as cats?:wub:) to be true. I think I made the point before that we haven't seen a real 'legend'-type act announced either - like Boomtown Rats, Squeeze, JJ Cale etc in previous years. Strange also (somebody please explain this) is the total lack of rumoured acts on this site (forum excepted) so far. You do get the feeling something's being kept under wraps- I just hope it's a good something.

On 05/04/2018 at 9:56 AM, suttttttt said:

Huge addition for me. They were great when they headlined. Them on the Friday (probably folllowed by James), the killers Saturday and bits of wolf Alice, japandroids and alt-j (assuming educated guesswork on days and timings are right) on the Sunday is as good a set of headliners as I’ve had at Latitude. 

Approximately one billion percent more to my taste than last year.

• Like 1

Bilbao BBK which takes place over the same weekend as Latitude in Spain have just added My Bloody Valentine to their line up which I'm hoping adds a bit of weight to them being at Latitude. Also added KGATLW which would be a very welcomed addition. Think there tends to be a bit a crossover so fingers crossed!

Edited by suttttttt

23 hours ago, suttttttt said:

Bilbao BBK which takes place over the same weekend as Latitude in Spain have just added My Bloody Valentine to their line up which I'm hoping adds a bit of weight to them being at Latitude. Also added KGATLW which would be a very welcomed addition. Think there tends to be a bit a crossover so fingers crossed!

I SOOOO hope you're right. Its 30 years since I saw MBV live and they pretty much changed the entire way I thought about music right there and then. King Gizzard would be a great addition too if it happens.

So Solange just appeared alongside her big sis at Coachella....anybody got odds on the reverse at Latitude during the Friday night set?!  She's free and not due in Paris until the next evening if her tour schedule is correct...

3 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

It's nailed on that Beyoncé will be there. I thought that was already common knowledge?

Based on what? It's possible but not particularly likely.

It was stated some time ago that Beyonce and Solange were staying in the same London hotel between 12 and 16 July and then flying into gigs in Paris (Bey) and Suffolk and Dublin (Solange). Can't remember what the whole article said but basically implied a visit to Suffolk from the sisters as there's no other cross-over in their summer tour schedule and they have a history of supporting each other when and where possible. Coachella showed this.

• Upvote 1

Beyoncé putting in an appearance joining her sister at latitude sounds like a good thing for the organisers to spread about to boost the numbers at the main stage and keeps numbers manageable watching James. She may be there to watch little sis but highly doubt she would join her on stage. Would be a bit off to get a better reception than the headline act. Solonge joining Beyoncé on stage at coachella boosts her profile, Beyoncé joining solonge on stage at latitude completely overshadows her.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Smeble said:

Beyoncé putting in an appearance joining her sister at latitude sounds like a good thing for the organisers to spread about to boost the numbers at the main stage and keeps numbers manageable watching James. She may be there to watch little sis but highly doubt she would join her on stage. Would be a bit off to get a better reception than the headline act. Solonge joining Beyoncé on stage at coachella boosts her profile, Beyoncé joining solonge on stage at latitude completely overshadows her.

I don't think it will materialise, but not because of the reasons you have stated - what about Foy Vance/ Ed Sheeran 2016?

2 hours ago, Smeble said:

Fair point, well made....though she did exactly that at Coachella 2014.  However, as at the weekend, it was just to dance with each other.  So no duet duelling expected!

Tickets came today...unexpected surprise (although a surprise you expect isn't really a surprise is it, its just a thing that happened) 

Very much looking forward to this...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, thesaint78 said:

Day splits are up on the website although no running orders so no idea who clashes etc.

https://www.latitudefestival.com/line-up/artist-a-z#/artists/byDay

You can go down the poster and assign them to days. Here's a start, if anyone's working on the clashfinder...

Solange, Belle & Sebastian, The Charlatans, Benjamin Clementine, La Femme, Gang of Youths
The Killers, The Vaccines, Jessie Ware, Parquet Courts, Alex Cameron, Hudson Taylor, Juanita Stein
alt-J, Wolf Alice, Rag'n'Bone Man, Fickle Friends, Sleeper, Jeremy Loops, Black Honey

James, Nao, Tune-Yards, Hinds, Trail of Dead, Marlon Williams, 
Mogwai, The Breeders, Alvvays, Jacob Banks, Ibeyi, 
Jon Hopkins, Gabrielle Aplin, Bomba Estereo, Idles, Superorganism, Tubular Brass with Hannah Peel

Ola

Can anyone give me the low down on Latitidue please. Never been and looking for a Glastonbury replacement for this year. Bascially tickets are still available, its on a weekend I , and friends can do, and I quite like the look of it

Anyone thats been can they scribble down the good points, not so good points, does it cater for the more mature clientele :-) , how big is the site? Campervan site far away?

I presume its an arena based festival with a rule of no drink inside with you - are there decent bars? What about after hours ?

Thanks a lot

FF

xxx